Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar mode
(04-05-2023, 11:36 AM)x119 Wrote: There isn't a special police mode either... trust us... we have all the configuration tables.

Emmm, not arguing, but....Some of Russian,Volvo specialized workshops offers "police" mode activation, which is more powerful than Polestar. It is option for duty cars (police cars). More intake from turbo, more fuel. If it is available for European market cars, might be-it is available for other market cars. 
You could be right...But also...some Russian workshops change config variant to "Polestar Optimization" and claim Polestar Engineered tune software is installed (No, it's not). So I would be interested in any additional information to confirm this exists, what it is, and how it is used. 

Maybe a US centric view..."police" equipment is thought of by average person as "super extra performance fast!!" but reality is police equipment is usually designed for "reliable don't break with hard use". But I know nothing of Volvo police cars, they don't exist in the USA!
(04-12-2023, 03:55 PM)Power6 Wrote: You could be right...But also...some Russian workshops change config variant to "Polestar Optimization" and claim Polestar Engineered tune software is installed (No, it's not). So I would be interested in any additional information to confirm this exists, what it is, and how it is used. 

Maybe a US centric view..."police" equipment is thought of by average person as "super extra performance fast!!" but reality is police equipment is usually designed for "reliable don't break with hard use". But I know nothing of Volvo police cars, they don't exist in the USA!

As long as the person gets the “polestar” choice in the drive mode selector, the placebo butt dyno will do the rest….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious if anyone has tried modifying option 347 on a BEV? I briefly tried changing it to "With Polestar" on my MY23 XC40 Recharge and didn't notice anything immediately (but I also didn't get any errors though, so that's something -- admittedly I didn't run any 0-60 tests).

Polestar 2's "performance software upgrade" unlocks some extra torque / HP, which is delivered via an OTA update. Given the shared drivetrain/platform, was hoping it could somehow be enabled on the XC40/C40.

No idea if Polestar is simply "enabling" code that already exists on the car, or actually flashing new software via the OTA update.

Definitely a long shot but one can dream :-) but either way could be interesting to see if there's a way for Polestar 2 owners to unlock the upgrade themselves. Curious if we could get config snapshots before / after the upgrade for a Polestar 2.
I have collected the before and after on a Polestar 2, it looks like it's a flash of software, not a config item ;-(

On the Polestar models, you can't even change the config for Polestar Level to "Polestar Optimization" as it is already set to "Polestar Car". Regardless of that, from what I seen, it is not just a config change.
If my car can't enable polstar mode, it won't show the config item in OrBit, right?

My car is a 2022 B5 momentum s60, when I need an emergent acceleration is not quick enough.
After few months of driving on Polestar optimization and polestar engineered edition I decided to keep engineered edition. As IMHO(!!!) in this mode car runs better, might be I am wrong, placebo or something else, but for me definitely Polestar engineered edition is better. Throttle is more responsive, gear shifts not so harsh, as in Polestar optimization.
(10-17-2023, 05:22 PM)MarcoPolo Wrote: After few months of driving on Polestar optimization and polestar engineered edition I decided to keep engineered edition. As IMHO(!!!) in this mode car runs better, might be I am wrong, placebo or something else, but for me definitely Polestar engineered edition is better. Throttle is more responsive, gear shifts not so harsh, as in Polestar optimization.

Tried to set my car(MY20 V60 T6 TE) to Polestar engineered but after flashing I received an brake error and the brake would not release. After flashing Polestar optimization it was running good again.
Volvo V60 T6 twin engine R-design MY20
(10-22-2023, 02:08 PM)kistigun Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 05:22 PM)MarcoPolo Wrote: After few months of driving on Polestar optimization and polestar engineered edition I decided to keep engineered edition. As IMHO(!!!) in this mode car runs better, might be I am wrong, placebo or something else, but for me definitely Polestar engineered edition is better. Throttle is more responsive, gear shifts not so harsh, as in Polestar optimization.

Tried to set my car(MY20 V60 T6 TE) to Polestar engineered but after flashing I received an brake error and the brake would not release. After flashing Polestar optimization it was running good again.

The PE cars have different brakes so I’d expect that logic to check out.

I “think” the T8 brakes are the same so I could give it a go and see what happens next time I’m making some config changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’ll likely be expecting an ERAD at the rear which you won’t have on the T6