Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar mode
I set it to  02 Polestar Optimization.  
so, couple days played with  "Polestar Optimization" and "Polestar Engineered Edition". Did not feel any difference between them, additionally, put "performance mode present"  (previously was "without performance mode") - again, didn't feel big difference. For now staying with "Polestar engineered car".
Only difference noticed -  after "Polestar Optimization" and "Polestar Engineered Edition" my XC60 T5 AWD engine code 23 is way better than in Dynamic mode. Gears shifts faster, smoother and there is very quick response to accelerator.
Somewhere deeper in settings there is "Police" mode, definetely it is there, it is even better than Dynamic or Polestar,  but culdn't find it via Orbit.
p.s. there is no anymore official polestar upgrade for my engine for unknown reason, google says-previously it used to be.
So, only Orbit for now for me)))
You're all playing with a model designation as opposed to the setting for Polestar enablement.. 

To be clear here; you are getting the Polestar gearbox / throttle map only by changing the appropriate setting, it's an enhanced Dynamic mode. You are not getting the AWD bias changes, nor are you getting the engine tune. 

Performance mode relates to the air suspension. 

There isn't a special police mode either... trust us... we have all the configuration tables.
(04-05-2023, 11:36 AM)x119 Wrote: You're all playing with a model designation as opposed to the setting for Polestar enablement.. 

To be clear here; you are getting the Polestar gearbox / throttle map only by changing the appropriate setting, it's an enhanced Dynamic mode. You are not getting the AWD bias changes, nor are you getting the engine tune. 

There isn't a special police mode either... trust us... we have all the configuration tables.

Yup!

The gearbox/throttle map only applies to the T8 anyway so in my case, I’ve got the full experience.

Not sure if the AWD changes are a thing either for me seeing as my rear drive comes from the ERAD.

I’ll need to look at “performance mode” next as I’d like to firm up the air ride a little more if possible in p*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it possible to save the Polestar setting so I don’t need to switch from Comfort to Polestar every time I start the car? Thanks!

XC90 2023, B5(D)
(04-05-2023, 09:18 PM)anton Wrote: Is it possible to save the Polestar setting so I don’t need to switch from Comfort to Polestar every time I start the car? Thanks!

XC90 2023, B5(D)
Not yet

This is likely done by LIN injection on startup

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Just use the switch in the central.... oh wait  Tongue

Can't believe they got rid of the physical roll switch, I use it fairly often depending on the road type that I am on. Town, motorway comfort. A/B road it's Polestar. All at my fingertips without even so much as a touch screen involved!
(04-05-2023, 11:36 AM)x119 Wrote: You're all playing with a model designation as opposed to the setting for Polestar enablement.. 

Got a little lost in this Wink)
So what do you think we should change for the gearbox mapping? To feel a little better at least
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
This is a popular one, I know! We all want to change a config and get Polestar tune!! It's complicated, as the actual Polestar Engineered Software, the official name of the Polestar Tune, is a software install that appears to be a combination of actual software installed (like engine calibration to the ECM) and a config change, that may enable some "pre-installed" software to enable "Polestar programming"

This is what I know at the current time. What the "Tune" is and what is installed can be different for each drive-train. So this is general but not specific knowledge of what can possibly be gained by using only "config":

The "tune" is claimed to address: Engine, Transmission and AWD for the various models, claims may differ, mostly anything published by Volvo is non-specific sort of marketing fluff anyways. One thing for sure, for ECM "tune" you pretty much would need to buy the software to get that.

ICE drivetrains, T-Series and D-series: The Polestar tune is generally an install of ECM calibration and a DEM (AWD unit) software file for AWD cars. There is no software install for the TCM (transmission) on automatic transmission cars. So it is thought, and backed up by experience, that the TCM changes config to "Polestar programming" when the Item 374 POLESTAR LEVEL is changed to "02 Polestar Optimization". I have the official Polestar software installed on my 2019 S60 T6, the software install was ECM and DEM flash, and CEM flash that changes the Polestar Level as well as the variant for "PE TCM/DEM SW" (which BTW does not affect config in the car at all). 

T8 PHEV: I am less familiar with this one. PE install will not include a DEM flash obviously. Will almost certainly include an ECM flash. I don't know about TCM on this

B-series (mild hybrid): Polestar install is an ECM and TCM software. The mild-hybrids appear to have a newer generation of Aisin transmission and AWD system, where the TCM has (more?) control over the AWD operation. No DEM flash with Polestar install, but the AWD appears to be within the control of the TCM that gets flashed. For these changing config does not appear to have any effect "enabling" any present programming. (Note XC40 seems to be an outlier, uses the "old" style DEM even on B-series)

The "Polestar" DEM SW for the T/D-series, this would be a simple flash one could do with a tool like OrBit. Even the TCM software for B-series is possible. I have worked on cataloging the software parts for these, they differ by each model. Don't know what could come of that but it's at least *possible* to obtain those softwares and flash them theoretically ;-)
One that would save the vbf could that be side loaded somehow and have true polestar through OrBit?

Like installing APK outside of Google play...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk