Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPEED LIMIT according to posted sign.
(06-14-2023, 01:26 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: That works but is independent of ACC
Is just a speed limit based on signs. Whenever it sees something, it will change the allowed speed to whatever the sign says. Also you cannot have Speed Limit and ACC toghether. Is either one or the other unfortunately

Huh, thought it's pACC like at VAG cars, so called predictive ACC, where based on road signs info ACC adapt speed, seems Volvo has no such function....

(06-14-2023, 03:02 PM)Partridge Wrote: Yes.  The ASL is a separate mode. So it’s click left from ACC to get ASL, just like it’s click right to get Pilot Assist.

You won’t really miss the lack of ACC with the ASL on because it can only be set to a max of 5mph over the posted limit. So there will never be cars in front of you, only stacked up behind you. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not so useful, as pACC is really good thing which work at VW, Audi, VAG cars, and it's useful when based on road sign, Pilot assist adapt speed and continue drive, 

Quote:The maximum selectable tolerance is +/- 10 km/h (5 mph).

https://www.volvocars.com/lb/support/car...5168e33c11

hm not agree that won't really miss pACC, cause when we drive on regional roads, where no much traffic, it's useful Pilot assist based on road signs adapt speed, i mean can be useful for such roads where no much traffic, this pACC in VW, Audi works well.

In my car have by factory ACC, PA, RSI  ,  can i choose at 036 ASL + AVSL as config, even i'm not sure what's AVSL, for ASL Volvo web says - Automatic Speed Limiter, for AVSL no explanation?
(06-14-2023, 04:15 PM)mrs Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 01:26 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: That works but is independent of ACC
Is just a speed limit based on signs. Whenever it sees something, it will change the allowed speed to whatever the sign says. Also you cannot have Speed Limit and ACC toghether. Is either one or the other unfortunately

Huh, thought it's pACC like at VAG cars, so called predictive ACC, where based on road signs info ACC adapt speed, seems Volvo has no such function....

(06-14-2023, 03:02 PM)Partridge Wrote: Yes.  The ASL is a separate mode. So it’s click left from ACC to get ASL, just like it’s click right to get Pilot Assist.

You won’t really miss the lack of ACC with the ASL on because it can only be set to a max of 5mph over the posted limit. So there will never be cars in front of you, only stacked up behind you. 

That's not so useful, as pACC is really good thing which work at VW, Audi, VAG cars, and it's useful when based on road sign, Pilot assist adapt speed and continue drive, 

Quote:The maximum selectable tolerance is +/- 10 km/h (5 mph).

https://www.volvocars.com/lb/support/car...5168e33c11

hm not agree that won't really miss pACC, cause when we drive on regional roads, where no much traffic, it's useful Pilot assist based on road signs adapt speed, i mean can be useful for such roads where no much traffic, this pACC in VW, Audi works well.

In my car have by factory ACC, PA, RSI  ,  can i choose at 036 ASL + AVSL as config, even i'm not sure what's AVSL, for ASL Volvo web says - Automatic Speed Limiter, for AVSL no explanation?
Unfortunately is not the same. Your limit is what you set when there is no traffic. It would be usefull based on signs but Volvo never had it
There is no official description on why is called AVSL. Most likely SL is the normal one, Speed Limiter and ASL, Automatic Speed Limiter. Thats what Volvo website shows
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(06-14-2023, 03:02 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 01:26 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 09:31 PM)Partridge Wrote: It’s in there as 036 adjustable speed limit. There’s another config setting that makes it aware of posted speed signs. When it’s on it will adjust to whatever sign it sees.  There’s another thread with more details. 

(06-14-2023, 11:15 AM)mrs Wrote: Wow, very nice info Smile ! Please if you can post link of that thread for predictive ACC, would like try it.

What we need have in car, to be able activate this functon? I have by factory ACC and front camera at windscreen for reading road signs, is it enough or need something more, however please post me that link that can read more about it and try solve it for my car?
That works but is independent of ACC

Yes. The ASL is a separate mode. So it’s click left from ACC to get ASL, just like it’s click right to get Pilot Assist.

5mph should be configurable to much higher IMO

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(06-14-2023, 05:07 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: Unfortunately is not the same. Your limit is what you set when there is no traffic. It would be usefull based on signs but Volvo never had it
There is no official description on why is called AVSL. Most likely SL is the normal one, Speed Limiter and ASL, Automatic Speed Limiter. Thats what Volvo website shows

Yes, bad that not work road sign info + acc, like it works at Audi, VW predictive-ACC, which work in way if we use auto pilot it set speed according to road signs info to acc.
ACC that uses road signs to change speed is the BANE of my existence.

It’s one of my favourite things about Volvo’s ACC.

The UK has horrendous road sign hygiene, so you’ll be on a 70mph road and there will be 50mph signs for 7.5T trucks. The car see’s the 50 sign and changes the speed on the HUD but thankfully not the speed of the ACC like the Audi RS5 I had before did

Same with the Jag XFR I had, it’s AWFUL.

I like the sign recogniton system in the Sensus a lot, very handy. But it's wrong a lot, I wouldn't want to set my speed by it!
My V60 reads stickers on garbage containers, e.g. citizens put them to slow you down. Max 15km/u. Sensus picks this up and shows it on the HUD as overrule on the speed limit retrieved by maps. 

I have the same observation it requires you to turn on a different road to have the speed limit being reset to the applicable limit for that road.

So, Config 149 change into "with limitation" its behavior is unknown compared to the default without limitaiton?
No one has succeeded with the OrBit program or with any variant to make the ACC work togheder with traffic signs and adjust the speed according to them? 
ACC together with sign NOT separately!

Regards