Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPEED LIMIT according to posted sign.
There are two settings to get it work. 

036  ADJUSTABLE SPEED LIMITER      03 ASL & AVSL

149  ROAD SIGN INFORMATION   > Select the one with with Speed Limit Adaption (SLA) based on your country. 

This will give you speed limiter option in cruse control settings on the dash and there will be button on SENSUN. If the button on SENSUS is enabled, the speed limiter will be updated according to road signs. If not enabled driver can set any top limit manually.  

There is also setting SPEED WARNING. > do not enable this for US / CAN.  Enabling it breaks the actual over speed driver warning in SENSUS. 0 or +5 miles /hour.
Too bad that it doesn't work with normal or adaptive cruise control. It's a separate assistance
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
I think you can only set max 10kph over limit.

I always drive 20 over except in residential areas

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(03-03-2023, 12:06 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: Too bad that it doesn't work with normal or adaptive cruise control. It's a separate assistance

Yes, I agree, 
I was hoping to have it in ACC too.  I think Ford has this. (reduces the ACC speed based on posted speed) very use full on highways
(03-03-2023, 09:22 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 12:06 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: Too bad that it doesn't work with normal or adaptive cruise control. It's a separate assistance

Yes, I agree, 
I was hoping to have it in ACC too.  I think Ford has this. (reduces the ACC speed based on posted speed) very use full on highways

Exactly. Bmw has is too
Does Volvo SPA have so called pACC - predictive ACC based on road signs, as VAG cars have for ex?

I have ACC, but not sure what need additional for pACC ?
It’s in there as 036 adjustable speed limit. There’s another config setting that makes it aware of posted speed signs. When it’s on it will adjust to whatever sign it sees. There’s another thread with more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, very nice info Smile ! Please if you can post link of that thread for predictive ACC, would like try it.

What we need have in car, to be able activate this functon? I have by factory ACC and front camera at windscreen for reading road signs, is it enough or need something more, however please post me that link that can read more about it and try solve it for my car?
(06-13-2023, 09:31 PM)Partridge Wrote: It’s in there as 036 adjustable speed limit. There’s another config setting that makes it aware of posted speed signs. When it’s on it will adjust to whatever sign it sees.  There’s another thread with more details. 

(06-14-2023, 11:15 AM)mrs Wrote: Wow, very nice info Smile ! Please if you can post link of that thread for predictive ACC, would like try it.

What we need have in car, to be able activate this functon? I have by factory ACC and front camera at windscreen for reading road signs, is it enough or need something more, however please post me that link that can read more about it and try solve it for my car?
That works but is independent of ACC
Is just a speed limit based on signs. Whenever it sees something, it will change the allowed speed to whatever the sign says. Also you cannot have Speed Limit and ACC toghether. Is either one or the other unfortunately
(06-14-2023, 01:26 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 09:31 PM)Partridge Wrote: It’s in there as 036 adjustable speed limit. There’s another config setting that makes it aware of posted speed signs. When it’s on it will adjust to whatever sign it sees.  There’s another thread with more details. 

(06-14-2023, 11:15 AM)mrs Wrote: Wow, very nice info Smile ! Please if you can post link of that thread for predictive ACC, would like try it.

That works but is independent of ACC
Is just a speed limit based on signs. Whenever it sees something, it will change the allowed speed to whatever the sign says. Also you cannot have Speed Limit and ACC toghether. Is either one or the other unfortunately

Yes. The ASL is a separate mode. So it’s click left from ACC to get ASL, just like it’s click right to get Pilot Assist.

You won’t really miss the lack of ACC with the ASL on because it can only be set to a max of 5mph over the posted limit. So there will never be cars in front of you, only stacked up behind you.