Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar mode
(03-11-2024, 08:07 AM)x119 Wrote: 02 is Polestar Optimization.  

Are you sure you didn't set 04? 

Lock the car and walk away after setting. Both the IHU and DEM will show Polestar instead of dynamic after a little time, if not right away.

I have it in 02 Polestar Optimization.  I will try again...Thanks Ever So Much for your reply.
For anyone that’s applied the Polestar setting to a T8 PHEV, did you also see the gearshift points under normal driving increase or was it just the general shifting feel?

With the factory Polestar tune which includes the ECU change it’s not at all subtle. In my V60 T8 PE for example the upshifts merging onto the highway under fairly light throttle in Polestar mode occur at 60 MPH for the shift into 6th gear, 70 for 7th and almost 80 MPH for 8th. Not very practical for a daily driver mode. I’m thinking about having the factory tune removed by Volvo and I’m wondering if the improved Polestar shift precision could be added back in without the higher shift point mapping of the factory tune.
(03-15-2024, 05:17 PM)STWAGguy Wrote: For anyone that’s applied the Polestar setting to a T8 PHEV, did you also see the gearshift points under normal driving increase or was it just the general shifting feel?

With the factory Polestar tune which includes the ECU change it’s not at all subtle. In my V60 T8 PE for example the upshifts merging onto the highway under fairly light throttle in Polestar mode occur at 60 MPH for the shift into 6th gear, 70 for 7th and almost 80 MPH for 8th. Not very practical for a daily driver mode. I’m thinking about having the factory tune removed by Volvo and I’m wondering if the improved Polestar shift precision could be added back in without the higher shift point mapping of the factory tune.

Why would you pay VOLVO dealer to decrease the value of your car!  If you don't like the Polestar shifting, use comfort with Manual shifting from time to time when you need. 
From the Orbit what you get is. 
Quicker and more sensitive response to throttle throttle pedal sensor and the shifting times. It holds longer for up shifting and down shifts earlier / quicker when decelerating.
The cost would be minimal to remove it, but I’d likely have to buy the SW again to have it reinstalled when I sell the car, hopefully at close to dealer cost. I think it’s fair to say that anyone that modifies a car spends money that they probably won’t get back and I’m ok with that.

That aside, the only modes that provide the full power output are Hybrid and Polestar/Power. Hybrid favors electric use and pulls down the battery range, where Polestar/Power keeps the engine running, depletes the battery minimally, has the tachometer display and the enhanced sound. All good except I have to switch to manual mode at times (mostly on the highway) to keep the revs down, which also overrides B-mode one pedal driving. I wouldn’t mind as much if I could add paddles to the car, but it’s not possible with the 2023+ shifter.

I’ll try to test drive a non-PE car first to be sure, but for the reasons above, the base power mode may be a better option for me as I’d actually use it more often and get more overall enjoyment out of the car.
I hear you. My S60 does not have polestar opt. from factory. I had enabled it and it did not feel good to me. I reverted back. Some folks here who enabled it from Orbit like it though. I guess it depends on the driving type and the driver. 
Now, that I have the paddle shifters, I might try it again and take a trip with it. 
Regarding the cost of re adding it, cannot say much since it'd be different because your car came with it from the factory. The optimization on regular ones cost was $1250 on VIDA. Now, some say it's no longer available and it's only at dealers. 

I think you are right, you should take a test drive and then decide on which one feels better. But, if you happened to like the one without My suggestion to you, just sell yours and buy the other one. because in fact, some modifications such as polestar do add value to used cars compared to the same ones without the modifications.
(04-12-2023, 03:55 PM)Power6 Wrote: You could be right...But also...some Russian workshops change config variant to "Polestar Optimization" and claim Polestar Engineered tune software is installed (No, it's not). So I would be interested in any additional information to confirm this exists, what it is, and how it is used. 

Maybe a US centric view..."police" equipment is thought of by average person as "super extra performance fast!!" but reality is police equipment is usually designed for "reliable don't break with hard use". But I know nothing of Volvo police cars, they don't exist in the USA!

They do, Berkeley county South Carolina has S60s. The Volvo plant is in their county. Think they may have an xc90 or two, but this was from a few years ago and they were donated by Volvo Cars USA https://www.facebook.com/BerkCoSheriff/p...688347148/
(04-03-2024, 07:29 PM)Whitestripper22 Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 03:55 PM)Power6 Wrote: You could be right...But also...some Russian workshops change config variant to "Polestar Optimization" and claim Polestar Engineered tune software is installed (No, it's not). So I would be interested in any additional information to confirm this exists, what it is, and how it is used. 

Maybe a US centric view..."police" equipment is thought of by average person as "super extra performance fast!!" but reality is police equipment is usually designed for "reliable don't break with hard use". But I know nothing of Volvo police cars, they don't exist in the USA!

They do, Berkeley county South Carolina has S60s. The Volvo plant is in their county. Think they may have an xc90 or two, but this was from a few years ago and they were donated by Volvo Cars USA https://www.facebook.com/BerkCoSheriff/p...688347148/

As a resident of Cane Bay (in Berkeley county), we do still have those four S60s in service, but no XC90s. The only modifications to the cars is a light bar on top of the vehicle and BCSO graphics, with the cars themselves being standard T6 Inscription models, typically they’re reserved for  less demanding tasks such as for school resource officers and for patrolling. There is no “police mode” as after talking with some friends as an SRO.