Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to buy used key fobs - SPA/CMA key fob and config guide
I don't think that is the exact one I ordered. I have ordered this one: 
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGPmWpB
They look pretty much the same. I asked the seller and they did confirm it is a replica, not an original HUF hey, despite the markings and packaging shown in some images. Will update when it arrives to confirm if it works correctly. My only concern is that, as a cheap replica, the battery may be inferior. I also have no way to know if it is genuinely the motion sensing version, even though the seller claims it is.
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory
Hello, I found a used key on Ebay because mine shells are very damaged...

My original reference being HUF8423 (433.92MHz) is it possible to make the key that I found on Ebay which is a Motion Sensing whose reference is HUF8423MS work?

"Power6" talked about an accessory for upgrading Volvo keys on vehicles before 2021, can it work without this accessory?

Besides, what is the reference of this accessory?
Because here in Europe I can't find
(01-21-2024, 02:42 PM)Megailo Wrote: Hello, I found a used key on Ebay because mine shells are very damaged...

My original reference being HUF8423 (433.92MHz) is it possible to make the key that I found on Ebay which is a Motion Sensing whose reference is HUF8423MS work?

"Power6" talked about an accessory for upgrading Volvo keys on vehicles before 2021, can it work without this accessory?

Besides, what is the reference of this accessory?
Because here in Europe I can't find

The 'accessory' Power6 is referring to is just an entirely new MS key programmed to your car by a dealer and not a method of adapting an old key to have MS.
[Image: nvU26] 2022 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered [Image: nvU26] - OrBit Modded
Correct, the "accessory upgrade" is merely a complete set of new MS keys, the dealer erases the old keys, programs the new ones to the car, and you are upgraded.

The MS and non-MS keys are interchangable, the car does not know the difference, so to speak. I had my sport key replaced under warranty for dead battery. The new sport key they gave me is an MS key where the original was not. Probably Volvo is only stocking new MS keys in their parts catalog since they are compatible with all the cars, no need to carry the old parts.
(01-16-2024, 09:31 PM)Dougray Wrote: I don't think that is the exact one I ordered. I have ordered this one: 
They look pretty much the same. I asked the seller and they did confirm it is a replica, not an original HUF hey, despite the markings and packaging shown in some images. Will update when it arrives to confirm if it works correctly. My only concern is that, as a cheap replica, the battery may be inferior. I also have no way to know if it is genuinely the motion sensing version, even though the seller claims it is.

Just a follow up. The Ali express sport fob I purchased arrived, it looks good cosmetically, but just returns "key not detected" when attempting to pair it to the car in orbit over numerous attempts, and on one attempt, returned a status: "program error". It was placed in the cup holder, the other fobs were out of range and I have paired a genuine key with Orbit previously, so I suspect the fob is a dud. It wasn't very expensive, so no big deal, but I wouldn't recommend going down this route when a used genuine key can often be bought for ~£25.
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory
(01-24-2024, 09:52 PM)Dougray Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 09:31 PM)Dougray Wrote: I don't think that is the exact one I ordered. I have ordered this one: 

Just a follow up. The Ali express sport fob I purchased arrived, it looks good cosmetically, but just returns "key not detected" when attempting to pair it to the car in orbit over numerous attempts, and on one attempt, returned a status: "program error". It was placed in the cup holder, the other fobs were out of range and I have paired a genuine key with Orbit previously, so I suspect the fob is a dud. It wasn't very expensive, so no big deal, but I wouldn't recommend going down this route when a used genuine key can often be bought for ~£25.

There is thread on Reddit were someone also had a dead battery issue with the sport key from Ali. My two sport keys from XNRKEY Official on Ali were coded by the dealer ($80 for both) and work without problems.

Have you tried different positions in the cup holder and / or manually holding the key while programming?

Similar story here, the difference is i can program the sport key (Ali Express) and i can start the engine if only i place the newly programmed sport key in the cup holder , but unable to lock/unlock the car with the key, so it is useless for me. I guess the battery is not completely dead but almost there.

Most used sport keys have dead batteries, but fortunately, plenty of people can 3D print a new casing for you without any hassle.
didnt work for me "error" normal and sport key, im scared to do "erase all" maybe wont work with old key also hahhaaha

but thanks for the hard work and more futures.
2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
Yes, tried different positions in the cupholder. Honestly don't think it's worth the trouble to pull it apart and replace the battery. I've messaged the seller asking for a replacement. Doubt they'll come through. I'll just buy another genuine used fob off eBay.
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro