Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to work with headlamps and HCMs in OrBit (flashing, config, used HCM install)
No problem buddy, glad you got it working. Long term the aim may be to not need VIDA at all. That's a long way off, so I tend to focus on the things that VIDA can't/won't do, like swapping/loading used modules.
Hi all. I bought a 2018 XC60 from Japan. As is known in Japan, driving is on the left and the headlights are adjusted to this movement. In the car settings, I tried to change the direction of the light to right-hand traffic, but the headlights shine the same way for left-hand traffic. Is it possible to reconfigure the light beam using Orbit, and if so, how to do it correctly? I will be very grateful
On the headlight LHD vs RHD, and the "Tourist mode" adjustment, this is my understanding, and hopefully someone chimes in if I am wrong on anything...

The physical headlamps are specific to LHD or RHD beam pattern, at least with the LED headlamps. The Sensus menu, depending on market (or enabled with OrBit) will have a "Tourist mode" button to temporarily configure the headlamps for "opposite side" traffic. For the Japanese market car, it sets the headlamps to compensate for LHD. The headlamps have the capability to do that via existing features (levelling, adaptive beam, and bending lights if equipped).

I believe the correct expectation on it is: It adjusts the beam and keeps you from blinding other cars/drivers, within what is possible when you have the "wrong" headlamps. I don't think this is a case of the car being equipped with universal headlamps that can be switched from LHD to RHD in software. It's just a useful feature for temporarily crossing borders. 

I don't know what that looks like in practice, if it should it be obvious when you turn the Tourist Light feature on. I've not played with it! I think ultimately if you got an imported car from RHD country to a LHD country, idealy you would want to swap the physical headlamps for LHD pattern versions.
Hi, I replaced headlight and HCM on my 2024 xc40 recharge. The sides (HCML and HCMR) are OK, but as I understand, I have to flash the HCM with the info from the headlight sticker. But how can I get the required .vbf files to perform the flash?
Thanks!
Hi guys. I have a problem maybe somebody can help me with. Part of my left Thor Daytime Running Light stopped working (white part only, turn signal still works). I tried to swap for a used headlight with same part number, but it had some other problems. After I installed old headlight back another LED ( the one that bends on top) stopped working. My question is which module responsible for what in the headlight and will I be able to reprogram it with Orbit, if I buy a new one? I have 4 modules on my headlight. One small and one black on the rear, one on the side and one on the bottom. I also tried to connect with VIDA and it gives me error messages (circuit short to ground, and missing message e.t.c B1518,B152A,U1322,U1334,U1322,U1051. Thanks in advance.

[Image: B32xq4aoKzRo7qm39]

[Image: B32xq4aoKzRo7qm39]Here is a link to pictures.
Before switching around the headlights or the controller(s), check the headlight connector. There might be some corrosion or something is shorting inside the harness or one of the controllers. 
My S60 has only 1 controller, the other one (small on the side) is not a controller, it's balancer and not a controller.  I don't know what is the purpose of other ones on your car.  
You mentioned that you switched the headlights but you did not say if you swapped your original all 4 controllers from the original headlight to the used one you got.  If you have not, try that after verifying that you don't have short in the wire.
(04-03-2024, 12:06 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Before switching around the headlights or the controller(s), check the headlight connector. There might be some corrosion or something is shorting inside the harness or one of the controllers. 
My S60 has only 1 controller, the other one (small on the side) is not a controller, it's balancer and not a controller.  I don't know what is the purpose of other ones on your car.  
You mentioned that you switched the headlights but you did not say if you swapped your original all 4 controllers from the original headlight to the used one you got.  If you have not, try that after verifying that you don't have short in the wire.

I tried swapping all the controllers one by one to my old headlight and didn't help. It could be defective as well, who knows.
I've gone to do some HCML programming and backup but I don't see that ECU in my list, why would that be? XC90 2016 D5. No matter what ECU I select it also doesn't populate the box for if I wanted to do a backup either. Is this right? I have a module to replace a defective one but upon going into the menus I see many ECUs except those . Some help and pointers would be appreciated here.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
XC90 2016 is older generation.  The controller names might be different.  
If you do not see any controller in the ECU list (drop down) check the fuses and other DTC codes while headlights are on position.  As far as I know, Orbit reads the available ECUs from the car and populates the list accordingly.
When converting to Activ high beam, additional hardware will be added, e.g. a camera needed? Or does the system use existing cameras, if so which ones?
Can we assume that the EU vehicles are equipped the same or is more hardware needed in EU?
Has anyone already successfully retrofitted in Germany?
Best greetings Alex