Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to add Park Assist Pilot is it possible?
2019 S60 with 360 surround view camera, backup camera, and park distance sensors etc already, only option is doesnt have is that. Is it possible, is this software something that can access - whats the best way to go about?  Ive heard of someone adding with same options in the SUV
You need 4 extra “parking sensors” sensors in your front and rear bumpers. (2 in each bumper)

Also the car needs to have blis, otherwise it’s not going to work.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(04-19-2023, 03:54 PM)GrannySShifting Wrote: 2019 S60 with 360 surround view camera, backup camera, and park distance sensors etc already, only option is doesnt have is that. Is it possible, is this software something that can access - whats the best way to go about?  Ive heard of someone adding with same options in the SUV

Check out my last comment in this 
https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=69

PS: You don't need BLISS for park assist pilot. It uses 12 sensors in total.  If you already have back and front park distance sensors, you just need to add 4.
Its has BLISS, because it has Rear Collision Alert, Cross Traffic (she said it hit the brakes on its own when I car was driving down her street while she was backing down her driveway) and has lane departure correction

So you have added Park Assist Pilot on a 2019 S60 IMAY2023? What all did you need to purchase, do you have part numbers, best sources etc? Are the cutouts there for sensors already? What does dealer charge to flash or can we use alternate software to do so?
(04-21-2023, 04:07 AM)GrannySShifting Wrote: Its has BLISS, because it has Rear Collision Alert, Cross Traffic (she said it hit the brakes on its own when I car was driving down her street while she was backing down her driveway) and has lane departure correction

So you have added Park Assist Pilot on a 2019 S60 IMAY2023? What all did you need to purchase, do you have part numbers, best sources etc? Are the cutouts there for sensors already? What does dealer charge to flash or can we use alternate software to do so?

Basically I followed this guide
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...50/2019/T5
I replaced the Hydraulic unit 31664645 and then installed the  Intellisafe Assist software from VIDA myself. 
I was very lucky with the Hydraulic unit 31664645 which was about $1100; I found a brand new one (must be) from UK for $360
I paid my mechanic $350 for replacing the  Hydraulic unit and bleeding the brakes. 
I had an active 3 days VIDA subscription $85. I got very lucky because there was a problem with volvo site, could not make any payments for software purchases from VIDA. That's why Volvo texh added Intellisafe Assist software to my account for free.  

Keep in mind, if you replace the  Hydraulic unit 31664645 by your self or at a mechanic like I did, you must install the software from VIDA. Because it's also BSM unit and it comes blank. So it must be programmed to the car. You cannot use a used from another car unless you swap the chip from your original to used one.  

What dealer wanted. 
$1200 for Hydraulic unit 31664645
$600 for Intellisafe Assist software
$1200 for labor (replacing the unit and installing the software) and they take away your original unit. 

On the other hand; some folks here enabled the ACC and pilot assist without replacing the unit. I cannot comment if it's ok or not or how it performs.