Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking sensors
Hi there!

C40 owner here and unfortunately my car only came with rear parking sensors.

I've been trying to gather information on what I would need to perform a retrofit to enable the front sensors!

I noticed I have blanks on the front bumper and will need a total of 6 sensors. I will need to drill the 2 side ones.

Can anyone chime in if they've done this sort of retrofit before?

I assume this should apply to all CMA platform cars (Polestar 2, XC40 Recharge, XC40)

Mainly:
  • would I need another PDC module?
  • does any one know if the harness has the connections already?
  • part numbers for sensors and harnesses show a VP06 or VP07 variant... not sure how I can determine which one I have?

Thanks in advance!
Parking sensor module is integrated in CEM module so question.
Is CEM hardware support front parking sensors?
Also you need to make a harness from front of the car to CEM module
(03-09-2023, 08:25 PM)c40Owner Wrote: Hi there!

C40 owner here and unfortunately my car only came with rear parking sensors.

I've been trying to gather information on what I would need to perform a retrofit to enable the front sensors!

I noticed I have blanks on the front bumper and will need a total of 6 sensors. I will need to drill the 2 side ones.

Can anyone chime in if they've done this sort of retrofit before?

I assume this should apply to all CMA platform cars (Polestar 2, XC40 Recharge, XC40)

Mainly:
  • would I need another PDC module?
  • does any one know if the harness has the connections already?
  • part numbers for sensors and harnesses show a VP06 or VP07 variant... not sure how I can determine which one I have?

Thanks in advance!

You don't need any module, parking sensors are connected to CEM and controlled by it. 
On my 2019 S60 t5 momentum I had front and rear sensors. Total 8. I added 4 (2 on front sides and 2 on back sides) to have park assist pilot.  
If you want only front parking sensors without on the sides (without ark assist pilot), you'll only need front bumper harness with 4 sensors and wire it to CEM. 
If you want park assist pilot, you'll need 6 at the front. and add 2 at the back sides. 
Here is a guide for XC60 but it's same for all SPA cars.  
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...23%20R.H.D 
Look at the front driver side behind the wheel cover, if there is already a harness on the bumper, that's where you'll see connector between bumper harness going to CEM. 
Each sensor has three wires. 2 of those are common and 1 individual going to CEM.  
Finding the harness and sensors is easy but Volvo no longer sells the replacement wiring in US (mentioned in the guide), so you might need to wire it yourself. Which I ended up doing. 
You'll need  30656698 Repair Terminal at least six of them. Those are for CEM connection. 

Good luck
I tore apart my front bumper and don't see any harness for the parking sensors. 

If I were to make my own connectors and wiring, is there a connector between the front bumper and the CEM? Or do I need to wire it directly to the CEM?

Do you have any photos of your DIY wiring by any chance? What gauge wires, parking sensor connector female end part #?

Thanks!
I'm not sure if this will help, but last time I removed my front bumper, there were two harness connectors I had to disconnect at the top front of the front left wheel well. Did you take your bumper off? How many harnesses did you need to disconnect?
(04-21-2023, 06:34 PM)c40Owner Wrote: I tore apart my front bumper and don't see any harness for the parking sensors. 

If I were to make my own connectors and wiring, is there a connector between the front bumper and the CEM? Or do I need to wire it directly to the CEM?

Do you have any photos of your DIY wiring by any chance? What gauge wires, parking sensor connector female end part #?

Thanks!

if you don't have any harness on your front bumper, 
Then you'll need to purchase it from junk yard or order new one. 
If you had a harness on your front bumper, there would be a connector from bumper to CEM. (located at the back of cover of driver side front wheel.) In order to pull out the bumper you must have disconnected it. 

this guide is for XC60 without front parking sensors. 
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...20%20L.H.D

It is similar in all vehicles.  

I enclosed the wiring diagram for sensors. 
I hope this helps. 

.zip   diagram.zip (Size: 91.35 KB / Downloads: 44)
(03-11-2023, 05:37 AM)XC60 hola! Wrote: Ahora estoy buscando todas las piezas para instalar los sensores delanteros en mi xc60, ya que voy a tener que hacer instalación, pretendo poner los 6 sensores delanteros y agregar 2 traseros.
¿Puedes decirme qué configuración has aplicado en órbita para activar el piloto de asistencia al aparcamiento?
Lo siento si no escribo correctamente con mi inglés.Thank you so much

(03-09-2023, 08:25 PM)c40Propietario Wrote: ¡Hola!

Propietario del C40 aquí y desafortunadamente mi auto solo venía con sensores de estacionamiento traseros.

¡He estado tratando de recopilar información sobre lo que necesitaría para realizar una actualización para habilitar los sensores frontales!

Noté que tengo espacios en blanco en el parachoques delantero y necesitaré un total de 6 sensores. Necesitaré perforar los 2 laterales.

¿Alguien puede intervenir si ya ha realizado este tipo de modernización antes?

Supongo que esto debería aplicarse a todos los autos con plataforma CMA (Polestar 2, XC40 Recharge, XC40)

Principalmente:
  • ¿Necesitaría otro módulo PDC?
  • ¿Alguien sabe si el arnés ya tiene las conexiones?
  • Los números de pieza de sensores y arneses muestran una variante VP06 o VP07... ¿No estoy seguro de cómo puedo determinar cuál tengo?

¡Gracias de antemano!

No necesitas ningún módulo, los sensores de aparcamiento están conectados al CEM y controlados por él. 
En mi impulso S60 t5 2019 tenía sensores delanteros y traseros. Total 8. Agregué 4 (2 en los lados delanteros y 2 en los lados traseros) para tener piloto de asistencia de estacionamiento.  
Si solo desea sensores de estacionamiento delanteros sin laterales (sin piloto de asistencia de arca), solo necesitará un arnés del parachoques delantero con 4 sensores y conectarlo al CEM. 
Si desea un piloto de asistencia para estacionar, necesitará 6 en la parte delantera. y agregue 2 en los lados traseros. 
Aquí hay una guía para el XC60, pero es la misma para todos los autos SPA.  
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...T23%20R.HD 
Look en el lado delantero del conductor, detrás de la cubierta de la rueda, si ya hay un arnés en el parachoques, ahí es donde verá el conector entre el arnés del parachoques que va a CEM. 
Cada sensor tiene tres cables. 2 de ellos son comunes y 1 individuo va al CEM.  
Encontrar el arnés y los sensores es fácil, pero Volvo ya no vende el cableado de repuesto en EE. UU. (mencionado en la guía), por lo que es posible que tengas que conectarlo tú mismo. Lo cual terminé haciendo. 
Necesitará 30656698 Repair Terminal al menos seis de ellos. Esos son para conexión CEM. 

Buena suerte
Hello, can you tell me what number belongs to each front sensor?
I'm making the harness and I don't know where +, - and each sensor goes.
I have the number from the CEM but I don't know what it is.
I follow the xc60 guide

Thank you so much
(02-27-2024, 09:24 PM)Marcp Wrote: Hello, can you tell me what number belongs to each front sensor?
I'm making the harness and I don't know where +, - and each sensor goes.
I have the number from the CEM but I don't know what it is.
I follow the xc60 guide

Thank you so much

Look at my previous reply, I enclosed the diagram. 
Basically, sensor pin 1 and 3 are common and pin 2 (middle one) goes to CEM. 
REAR Total 8 wires:  
          SENSOR PIN 1 (common) goes to CEM PIN 15
          SENSOR PIN 3 (common) goes to CEM PIN 34
          SENSOR PIN 2 (beginning from right side sensor) goes to CEM PIN 28 to 33. 
FRONT Total 8 wires
          SENSOR PIN 1 (common) goes to CEM PIN 44
          SENSOR PIN 3 (common) goes to CEM PIN 45
          SENSOR PIN 2 (beginning from left side sensor) goes to CEM PIN 37 to 42.
I just want to mention here, I don't have all the details, but for 2024 the parking assist system has been moved out of the CEM. I don't know where it went, just that there is a new CEM without the park assist integrated.

You may have a handle on it, the number of sensors, it seems that, at least for SPA, the normal "park assist" is 4 sensors at each end equipped. If you have "park pilot assist" which adds the automated parking featues, you have 6 sensors at each end of the car (it adds the side facing sensors). That's general knowledge, CMA could be different on that?