Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can s90 seats be fitted to S60
(05-05-2024, 12:20 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 11:42 AM)Oscarv90raggarn Wrote: Hey everyone. I tried to switch from semi electric seats to full electric seats in my s90. Sadly it wasnt plug and play. Ive tried reading through the forum 100 times but i cant seem to find anyone that had the same problem.

I looked att the old semi electric seats connector. Where i have the following pins, 16, 22, 23, 32.

The new seats have 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, 31, 32. So i am missing 4 pins. 

Has anyone done This? Where do i have to get the new pins from? Im guessing that there is some sort of CAN cabels needed. Where do i get This signal from if thats the case.

Any answers are apriciated since i really want This to work. Best regards, Oscar.

Here is the S90 diagram.  You are missing the CAN low, CAN High, power and LIN.

Thanks! Sadly i am terrible at reading wiring diagrams. I can see that there are a bunch of lin cables, which one is it that i need, and the power cable where should that come from? Can i splice in to a fuse and take power from there?

Found the can cables thanks to pliind so got that solved but still missing LIN and Power
PIN 15 > Is power for SEAT COMFORT MODULE. (side support and massage seats)  goes to FUSE #40 both front seats. 
              You should run 1 power (18 awg) wire from each seat to the fuse box under the glove box and connect both wires to the same fuse.  You need micro fuse TABs 

PIN 29 > POWER SEAT MODULE CAN Low  shared with the DOOR MODULE
PIN 30 > POWER SEAT MODULE CAN High  shared with the DOOR MODULE

PIN 31 > Passenger side only OCCUPANT WEIGHT SENSOR OWS  LIN_10 goes to SUPPLEMENTARY RESTRAINT SYSTEM SRS. 
But if your car originally do not have it. you can simply ignore it.  

[url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G1KPX7W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details][/url]
Hello again everyone. I got the power from fuse 40 to pin 15. Also connected pin 30 purple/white to purple white can under the plastic trim same goes with pin 29, purple green to purple green can. But I can’t get the electronics in the chair to work, it’s there something I’ve done wrong that I can’t think of? Any help is appreciated. Best regards, Oscar
(07-15-2024, 07:50 PM)Oscarv90raggarn Wrote: Hello again everyone. I got the power from fuse 40 to pin 15. Also connected pin 30 purple/white to purple white can under the plastic trim same goes with pin 29, purple green to purple green can. But I can’t get the electronics in the chair to work, it’s there something I’ve done wrong that I can’t think of? Any help is appreciated. Best regards, Oscar
PIN 15  Is power for SEAT COMFORT MODULE. (side support and massage seats)  ONLY!  

Since you have mentioned the CAN bus PINs, I am assuming you have replaced the manual seats with full electric ones. So, you are missing main two power wires for each seat. 

There are two of them; One shared (P and D) and another individual for each side. 

PIN 16 (shared by both passenger and driver ) goes to CF 24 
PIN 3 (Passenger) goes to CF 56
PIN 3 (driver) goes to CF 50

PIN 6 goes to ground.
Hi! What does CF stand for? And where can i find that? Yes i swapped from semi electric to full electric.
(07-16-2024, 01:25 AM)Oscarv90raggarn Wrote: Hi! What does CF stand for? And where can i find that? Yes i swapped from semi electric to full electric.

fuse number under the glove box.
How about putting newer seats, like 2021 seats to older 2016 XC90, would that still work? 

I'm trying to find heater R-Design front seats, color code RBR...
Anyone know if the seats need a wake signal from the canbus system to work?
(09-10-2024, 07:56 AM)oleelstad Wrote: Anyone know if the seats need a wake signal from the canbus system to work?

It's not wake signal, It's the ignition position 1 or door unlocked / opened signal.  I can send you trace of the all messages when ignition is in position 1 of my s60 2019. If your seats from an SPA car, one of them should trigger the seat controller module to send turn on LIN signal to the seat controllers.