Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can s90 seats be fitted to S60
Has anyone tried to fit 2019 S90 seats to 2019 S60 ? 
I looked through the seat assembly parts and it looks like all parts are the same for many models but before I buy set of used seats, I just wanted to know if some one ever tried it. 
In general I am looking for R-Design or Inscription seats for my S60 but all I find is 90 series.
Yes it works fine
(02-10-2024, 10:46 PM)Continental Wrote: Yes it works fine

Thank you
Here is an update!  I did it Folks!
I retrofitted 2018 S90 Inscription Front and Back Seats to my 2019 S60 T5.  The seats I got are Heated, Ventilated both front and back. In addition, front seats have side support and massage.  (passenger & driver) 
My original front seats has only heated option and back seats are just regular.   
Font Seats:
The seats fits directly, no need to modify anything. 
Wiring though depends on the original seats.  
Factory heated > Heated +  Ventilated  : No need to wire anything. 
Factory not heated > Heated or ( Heated + Ventilated) : Two individual wiring is needed.  (positive and LIN to CCM ) per seat. 
Factory not heated >   Heated +  Ventilated  + Side support + Massage  Three wires is needed.   (positive and LIN to CCM ) per seat and 1 positive (shared fuse) for both seats. 
Since my seats were already heated, I had to get 1 positive line from fuse box for both seats. 

Then just change the config via Orbit. 
Note: Massage seats may not work at first right after config change. Just reset all the ECUs after config is done then close and lock the car. Come back later it should work. 
 IMPORTANT: Just make sure the seats you are getting do not have blown airbags or airbags removed.  Otherwise, you don't have an issue.   

Back Seats:

PAIN IN THE BUD but doable though if you are determined and stubborn like me  :-) !!! 
IMPORTANT: S90 rear seats are little bit wider on backrest sides. 

NOTE 1:  Ventilated rear seats do not have foldable headrests.  
NOTE 2:  If you do not have 4 zone climate control, rear ventilated seats will not work because it requires digital control panel with fan control and the control panel is connected to the IHU LIN. (same LIN as the ignition switch). IHU will not turn on the panel unless the car is set to 4 zone climate control. 
NOTE 3: If you do not have 4 ZONE from factory, DO NOT change it. HVAC will not work because it's missing temperature sensor. At first you may think it's working but after CCM resets completely, it will not blow any air from any vent regardless what you choose. 
NOTE 4: CCM is located on the AC unit behind the dashboard, it's impossible to wire the missing temp sensor without pulling apart the the whole dashboard. (I gave up) 

If you already have 4 zone but without heated and ventilated,  you just need to replace the control panel or you can leave it as is and control the rear seat heat and vent from the IHU. (rear climate controls)! But you'll have some wiring to do.  

If you do not have 4 zones but have heated seats already, replace and plug & play but rear ventilation will not work because there is no button to start them. 
If you do not have 4 zones and do not have heated rear seats like me.  You will need to wire the heated seat and again work around the VOLVO's cheapness for saving 2 wires from the central control harness to main harness. 

Now the wiring, it not complicated but requires works. 
By the way, I am not affiliating anything, just sharing the info after long time of search so it will be easier for the folks crazy enough like me to attempt this :-)   
You will need...
2 x https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089KTJJHF?psc...ct_details   > This is for the heater module connected to the seat. 1 for each side. 
2x https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08547CNDY?psc...ct_details   > This is for the backrest connector. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QJHXRN6?psc...ct_details  > Fuse tabs 
The connectors have their own wires no need to rewire, they can be just joined with the supplied joiners. 
For Positive heated seats, use 16 awg wire > Goes to the cushion connector. "Yellow"   pin 1 
For LIN connection I used 18 but you can use small as 22.  >  Goes to the cushion connector. "Green"   pin 2 to the front seat heating module.  RL to FL and RR to RF. 
For Ground Use 18. >  pin 3 on the  cushion connector and pin 5 on the backrest connector.  Each pin must be grounded individually. you can use the same ground point. 
PIN 4 on the cushion connector goes to PIN 1 on the backrest. 
PIN 5 (ventilated)  on the cushion connector goes to PIN 2 on the backrest. (replaces the headrest release switch pin)  If you do not have the ventilated seats, you do not need that.  
PIN 3 on the backrest connector is for the lights of the center arm rest . I get it from the light under the glow box.  

For the folks who do not have the heated rear seats and do not have 4 zone climate like me. 
There is a green connector inside back of the center console. Just pull the plastic cover and you'll see it there. 
You need to buy 31346786 and connect it to the green connector. You can buy the trim peace too or just make whole for the buttons on the existing trim (that you pulled out ). Not done yet. :-) Not so easy ! 

The green connector is already grounded but we are missing the positive and the LIN. This is where VOLVO got very cheap. 
For positive, just get it from the 12v socket under it. Easy enough. 

For the LIN. 
Pull out the cover of the center console at the passenger side. You will see grey connector. 
Look for the white and light green wire. PIN 23  and PIN 11. Just put a jumper wire from pin 23 to 11. 

Well done ! you have a heated rear seats !
(03-07-2024, 08:04 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Here is an update!  I did it Folks!
I retrofitted 2018 S90 Inscription Front and Back Seats to my 2019 S60 T5.  The seats I got are Heated, Ventilated both front and back. In addition, front seats have side support and massage.  (passenger & driver) 
Font Seats:
Factory not heated > Heated or ( Heated + Ventilated) : Two individual wiring is needed.  (positive and LIN to CCM ) per seat. 
Factory not heated >   Heated +  Ventilated  + Side support + Massage  Three wires is needed.   (positive and LIN to CCM ) per seat and 1 positive (shared fuse) for both seats. 
Since my seats were already heated, I had to get 1 positive line from fuse box for both seats. 

Note: Massage seats may not work at first right after config change. Just reset all the ECUs after config is done then close and lock the car. Come back later it should work. 
 IMPORTANT: Just make sure the seats you are getting do not have blown airbags or airbags removed.  Otherwise, you don't have an issue.   

Back Seats:

PAIN IN THE BUD but doable though if you are determined and stubborn like me  :-) !!! 

NOTE 2:  If you do not have 4 zone climate control, rear ventilated seats will not work because it requires digital control panel with fan control and the control panel is connected to the IHU LIN. (same LIN as the ignition switch). IHU will not turn on the panel unless the car is set to 4 zone climate control. 
NOTE 3: If you do not have 4 ZONE from factory, DO NOT change it. HVAC will not work because it's missing temperature sensor. At first you may think it's working but after CCM resets completely, it will not blow any air from any vent regardless what you choose. 
NOTE 4: CCM is located on the AC unit behind the dashboard, it's impossible to wire the missing temp sensor without pulling apart the the whole dashboard. (I gave up) 

If you already have 4 zone but without heated and ventilated,  you just need to replace the control panel or you can leave it as is and control the rear seat heat and vent from the IHU. (rear climate controls)! But you'll have some wiring to do.  

If you do not have 4 zones but have heated seats already, replace and plug & play but rear ventilation will not work because there is no button to start them. 
If you do not have 4 zones and do not have heated rear seats like me.  You will need to wire the heated seat and again work around the VOLVO's cheapness for saving 2 wires from the central control harness to main harness. 

By the way, I am not affiliating anything, just sharing the info after long time of search so it will be easier for the folks crazy enough like me to attempt this :-)   
You will need...
2 x https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089KTJJHF?psc...ct_details   > This is for the heater module connected to the seat. 1 for each side. 
2x https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08547CNDY?psc...ct_details   > This is for the backrest connector. 
The connectors have their own wires no need to rewire, they can be just joined with the supplied joiners. 
For Positive heated seats, use 16 awg wire > Goes to the cushion connector. "Yellow"   pin 1 
For LIN connection I used 18 but you can use small as 22.  >  Goes to the cushion connector. "Green"   pin 2 to the front seat heating module.  RL to FL and RR to RF. 
For Ground Use 18. >  pin 3 on the  cushion connector and pin 5 on the backrest connector.  Each pin must be grounded individually. you can use the same ground point. 
PIN 5 (ventilated)  on the cushion connector goes to PIN 2 on the backrest. (replaces the headrest release switch pin)  If you do not have the ventilated seats, you do not need that.  
PIN 3 on the backrest connector is for the lights of the center arm rest . I get it from the light under the glow box.  

For the folks who do not have the heated rear seats and do not have 4 zone climate like me. 
There is a green connector inside back of the center console. Just pull the plastic cover and you'll see it there. 
You need to buy 31346786 and connect it to the green connector. You can buy the trim peace too or just make whole for the buttons on the existing trim (that you pulled out ). Not done yet. :-) Not so easy ! 

The green connector is already grounded but we are missing the positive and the LIN. This is where VOLVO got very cheap. 

For the LIN. 
Pull out the cover of the center console at the passenger side. You will see grey connector. 
Look for the white and light green wire. PIN 23  and PIN 11. Just put a jumper wire from pin 23 to 11. 

im trying to do the same, just only with the front seats. oem i have. full electric driver seat (heated) and a semi auto pasenger seat. i have goten hold of two full electric seats with massage. you mention that you had to connect one power cable to the new front seats. where did you concect it to and where from. 

right now im having truble with geting the electric seat to move. its like the buttons is unresponsive on the new pasenger seat. but the ventilation and heating is working fine, any tips?

sorry for my bad english Smile
(03-09-2024, 02:38 PM)Eilert Wrote:
Font Seats:

Back Seats:

You will need...

For the LIN. 

im trying to do the same, just only with the front seats. oem i have. full electric driver seat (heated) and a semi auto pasenger seat. i have goten hold of two full electric seats with massage. you mention that you had to connect one power cable to the new front seats. where did you concect it to and where from. 

right now im having truble with geting the electric seat to move. its like the buttons is unresponsive on the new pasenger seat. but the ventilation and heating is working fine, any tips?

Ventilation and heated seats are the same module using 3 wires power, ground and LIN individual for each front seat.  You motioned that they are working for you but did not say if both seats or just the driver. 

For massage and side support,  you need to wire from fuse box 7.5 amp to both seats on PIN 15.  Both front seats are using the same power line for massage and side support. So, you need 1 wire coming from the fuse box and split it. I did the split under the front passenger seats instead of pulling 1 wire from each seat to the fuse box on same fuse. Just use 16awg wire, you should be good. 

Regarding the semi automatic passenger seat. You need to give more details on that. You might be missing wires on the passenger side seat connector harness or just missing a config. Compare the two connectors (floor to seat) of passenger and driver and let me know if there is a missing one. I can tell you where you should connect them.  TIP: You can slide out the connectors from the main housing that has the locking. there are just two clips. 

The passenger seat has occupant sensor but driver seat does not. So, you will see that passenger seat connector has 1 wire that driver side does not. That is normal.
(03-10-2024, 02:11 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 02:38 PM)Eilert Wrote:
Font Seats:

Back Seats:

You will need...

For the LIN. 

Ventilation and heated seats are the same module using 3 wires power, ground and LIN individual for each front seat.  You motioned that they are working for you but did not say if both seats or just the driver. 

For massage and side support,  you need to wire from fuse box 7.5 amp to both seats on PIN 15.  Both front seats are using the same power line for massage and side support. So, you need 1 wire coming from the fuse box and split it. I did the split under the front passenger seats instead of pulling 1 wire from each seat to the fuse box on same fuse. Just use 16awg wire, you should be good. 

Regarding the semi automatic passenger seat. You need to give more details on that. You might be missing wires on the passenger side seat connector harness or just missing a config. Compare the two connectors (floor to seat) of passenger and driver and let me know if there is a missing one. I can tell you where you should connect them.  TIP: You can slide out the connectors from the main housing that has the locking. there are just two clips. 

The passenger seat has occupant sensor but driver seat does not. So, you will see that passenger seat connector has 1 wire that driver side does not. That is normal.

okey. iv got my driver seat to work (adding power to pin 15).

now to the passenger seat. im missing pin 30 and 29. do you know whats supose to be in them. im about to check the wiring diagram but if you know it might be a faster way Smile

edit: Its canbuss H and L
Body_CAN_H to pin 30
Body_CAN_L to pin 29
Yes, You can connect tab to right front door control module. 
Make sure the wire is twisted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for sharing, this is really cool. So if my understanding is correct, if I want to retrofit the heated + vented + side support and massage seats into my S60 that came with the base model heated seats, I only need to run the positive wires to each seats? 

It does appear that all the SPA Volvos share the same seat? XC90 seats are a lot easier to find than S90.

Thanks!
The shorth answer is yes.  I haven't seen a US model without heated front seats. (both sides.). 
All you need to do is pull a positive wire from the fuse box. (7.5amp) 16awg up to passenger seat and then pull another from driver seat to passenger seat. You can use 18 or 20 awg. for that. Or you can pull individual wires from each seat to the same fuse TAB in this case, you can use 18 or 20 AWG (each wire) it's up to you.  They should go to PIN 15 on both seats.  I could not find the correct repair terminal for the seat's black connector so I tabbed to the blue wire on PIN 15.  

Front seats of S90, V90 fits S60.  Don't know about XC series though if an XC front seat fits to S series.  
Rear seats, For sure S90 fits S60, which I did. So, most likely V90 would fit to V60.  Seats are the same just the backrest has different bracket that holds it. So, the one from the old seats should be used.  

Most likely, the new seats ( heated + vented + side support and massage ) would have position sensors inside motors. So, you can also retrofit memory buttons on the passenger side too.