Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar
(06-04-2023, 08:15 PM)Partridge Wrote: I could have just installed VIDA and done it that way simply because I wanted to get started with the minimum amount of fuss. It’s as Power6 explained, pretty much painless.

I would say that it's more than "just installed vida"

Installing VIDA for the first time is really not easy and getting PIN through it is not simple either.

It works, but unless you're doing something else with VIDA at the same time it's absolutely not worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(06-05-2023, 09:03 AM)BeachBoy Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 08:15 PM)Partridge Wrote: I could have just installed VIDA and done it that way simply because I wanted to get started with the minimum amount of fuss. It’s as Power6 explained, pretty much painless.

I would say that it's more than "just installed vida"

Installing VIDA for the first time is really not easy and getting PIN through it is not simple either.

It works, but unless you're doing something else with VIDA at the same time it's absolutely not worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

One does not simply walk into Mordor…

Completely agree. While I could do it, it just wasn’t worth the hassle when an easy option existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo makes it as convoluted and obtuse as possible to get set up with VIDA, the first time is always a little struggle until you know all the quirks. The "right to repair" rules say nothing about making acces to the tools easy ;-)
You are right, Volvo max tries make it harder for end users, so not worth deal by them, as much easier get pin by your source, cause minimal subs is 3 days - 84$ , so that samll diff 40$, not worth much hassle by vida setup, and specially for us from Europe risk to be blocked by Vida, cause using USA subsc Smile .  So all of you who have some doubts, etc. , best way is by spaycetech - orbit to order CEM pin, less complications, less pain, less risk.
Hi I have not gone through the purchase process as yet. But if my intention was to purchase the PIN to activate Pixel headlights on my Polestar, how would I go about doing that? I am sorry if I missed something in your original post!
Thank you, just making sure this is the right forum to begin the process!
(07-04-2023, 10:00 AM)ravvam Wrote: Hi I have not gone through the purchase process as yet. But if my intention was to purchase the PIN to activate Pixel headlights on my Polestar, how would I go about doing that? I am sorry if I missed something in your original post!
Thank you, just making sure this is the right forum to begin the process!

This should help you: https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=148
FYI I am currently "piloting" PIN Service for Polestar models. If it works well, I could add this to the offerings same as Volvo models. So if anyone wants to get Polestar PINs, let me know ;-)
(07-06-2023, 04:40 PM)权力6 Wrote: 告诉你我目前正在"试用"北极星模型的密码服务。如果它运行良好,我可以将其添加到与沃尔沃模型相同的产品中。所以,如果有人想买北极星别针,请告诉我;-)

现在,我身边有很多波兰人。我能帮你做测试吗?
(07-06-2023, 04:40 PM)Power6 Wrote: FYI I am currently "piloting" PIN Service for Polestar models. If it works well, I could add this to the offerings same as Volvo models. So if anyone wants to get Polestar PINs, let me know ;-)

Came here after lurking on polestar forums and deciding to take the plunge to enable pixel headlights. Am in Canada so shouldn't have issues.

What do you need to get started?

Vida seems like a real faff, so happy to do what it takes for you to figure out how to generate polestar pins. Have laptop, enet cable in the post, and I use wireshark every day as $dayjob if that helps at all.
(07-06-2023, 04:40 PM)Power6 Wrote: FYI I am currently "piloting" PIN Service for Polestar models. If it works well, I could add this to the offerings same as Volvo models. So if anyone wants to get Polestar PINs, let me know ;-)

Hi Power6. Thank you for all the amazing work you’ve done!
Just so I understand, I should be purchasing the Android CEM/VGM PIN with orbit subscription package ($325) if I were to use it for a Polestar 2. I wouldn’t just be able to pay for Orbit alone ($100) as I don’t have the PINs and don’t have a current VIDA subscription?
Thanks!