Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2 Pixel activation in N/A
Hello,
It is now pretty clear that N/A will not see their Pixel light activated, ever. 
Polestar announced it earlier, probably the same for Volvo.

Now I'm looking at a simple way to replicate the EU functionality.
I'm not interested in really tweaking my car ('23 P2) other than getting the functions "that were sold to me".

Can someone confirm that OrBit can do that and is there a guide?

Thanks in advance!

Eric
Do you have the physical pixel headlights with all reflectors (like 19)?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah, first check if you have the Pixel lights :-) easy to do, they say "Pixel" on the headlamps themselves and also project a fun pattern when unlocking the car.

To enable the adaptive functionality is SUPER simple -- just change config option "109 Active High Beam" to "06 With AHB3 (Adaptive) Pixel Light" (the default I believe is "03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village").

Then test at night on a dark road by turning on auto high beams, and you should notice the adaptive behavior pretty easily.

I've done the above with my MY23 XC40 Recharge.
Yep, confirmed!
I do have the Pixel, it's written on it.
Looks like I'll be going for it. 

Any issues with Volvo or the car after you have done the mod?

Many thanks!

Eric
No issues really -- programming the car with OrBit is a relatively safe operation (the software runs a lot of checks before actually programming). You can poke around the forums here / SwedeSpeed to understand the details.

The only thing to really keep in mind is to "Restore to OEM" configuration before going to a dealer (there's a button in OrBit); Volvo currently does not block cars programmed with OrBit, but best to restore just to be safe.
(06-22-2023, 03:04 PM)A-P Wrote: No issues really -- programming the car with OrBit is a relatively safe operation (the software runs a lot of checks before actually programming). You can poke around the forums here / SwedeSpeed to understand the details.
The only thing to really keep in mind is to "Restore to OEM" configuration before going to a dealer (there's a button in OrBit); Volvo currently does not block cars programmed with OrBit, but best to restore just to be safe.

Hello,

I wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I recently installed and used Orbit over the weekend. I must say, the entire process went incredibly smoothly and was surprisingly easy. It was like magic seeing everything work flawlessly, and now I can finally enjoy the Pixel  lights just as they were intended to be.

I consistently run on High beam (Type B) and to my pleasant surprise, I didn't get flashed by other drivers even once.

I do have to mention that the most challenging and confusing part for me was the Diagnostic test in Vida, but that's a whole different story.

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who assisted me throughout this journey. Thank you all for your support!
Great to hear! Enjoy your new headlights :-)

One question, since you mentioned "Type B", did you also change option 106 from 11 (Type A) to 12 (Type B)?

If so, would appreciate if you could run quick test for me... Power6 and I have been investigating the diagnostics code that occurs from this thread https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=121

1. Are you seeing the U2300 code when you press "Read All DTCs" in OrBit?
  2. Then go to the ECU Tools tab, and select "HCML" under the "Active Diag ECU" -- then under "ECU Function Request", read the results for "43E0 - Car Configuration Parameter Set Currently". Can you paste the output? Would be interested in seeing what your "Second Parameter Value" is set as.

Thanks,
AP
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Yes I do have the 2x U2300

HCML:
U2300 - **No description found in ECU database**

HCMR:
U2300 - **No description found in ECU database**

For the HCML:

DID Result for HCML

43E0 - Car Configuration Parameter Set Currently Used

First Parameter Number Of The Car Configuration Data:

First Parameter Value:

Second Parameter Number Of The Car Configuration Data:

Second Parameter Value:

Raw hex data:
000801006A11

Let me know if you need anything else!

Eric
Hi Eric! Congratulations on activating the pixel lights. I went though every post in detail, but I’m a little confused on the order of steps to activate the pixel lights setting and also setup permanent auto-high/ pixel beams. Would you be king enough to put up a step by step guide for the above?!
Much appreciated!

Bob
To enable adaptive Pixel light:

Change Item 109 to "06 With AHB3 (Adaptive) Pixel Light"

That is all you need to do for that.

Some people above are interested in the car operating like the European and Rest of World(ROW) cars do: Where the "auto/adaptive beam" function remains on between uses of the car. On the US/Can car, the feature will always default to "off" and you need to twist the headlight stalk to turn the auto/adaptive beam function on each time you use the car. People have found you can achieve this by changing Item 106 HEAD LIGHTS TYPE from "11 LED type A, Pixel Headlamp with HCM" (the US/Can headlamp) to "12 LED type B, Pixel Headlamp with HCM" (EU/ROW headlamp). That does cause the auto/adaptive setting to "remember" it's last setting. That comes with the downside that the headlight modules set a code for configuration, they don't like the "Type B" config setting. Someone correct me if I am wrong here, there is not any apparent "problem" in use of the car this way, just that those codes are persistently set.