Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2 Pixel activation in N/A
(07-17-2023, 03:41 AM)4Wheels Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 08:06 PM)Starno Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 03:04 PM)A-P Wrote: No issues really -- programming the car with OrBit is a relatively safe operation (the software runs a lot of checks before actually programming). You can poke around the forums here / SwedeSpeed to understand the details.
The only thing to really keep in mind is to "Restore to OEM" configuration before going to a dealer (there's a button in OrBit); Volvo currently does not block cars programmed with OrBit, but best to restore just to be safe.

Hello,

I wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I recently installed and used Orbit over the weekend. I must say, the entire process went incredibly smoothly and was surprisingly easy. It was like magic seeing everything work flawlessly, and now I can finally enjoy the Pixel  lights just as they were intended to be.

I consistently run on High beam (Type B) and to my pleasant surprise, I didn't get flashed by other drivers even once.

I do have to mention that the most challenging and confusing part for me was the Diagnostic test in Vida, but that's a whole different story.

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who assisted me throughout this journey. Thank you all for your support!
Hello A-P, I'd like to understand something better. I recently activated pixel headlights (AHB3) using orbit (per recommendations in this forums, 106 set to value 12 (Type B) and 109 set to 06 AHB3. The active pixel functionality works, but it is very shy: it only turns on occasionally, and quickly turns off if there are lights, road signs, anything really. So although it seems to work beautifully, it rarely turns on.

Question: when you say you run on High beam (Type B), do you actually force high beam on, or do you let the auto high beam functionality turn it on when it judges that it is appropriate?

Corollary: can anyone suggest a (better) setting (than 106/12 and 109/06) that maximizes the use of the active pixel headlights?
If you "force" the High Beam, you'll loose the adaptive function. From what I remember from night drive reviews, this was one of the complains from that. It takes to long to activate but it does stay on a lot. Not that shy
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(07-17-2023, 06:03 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 03:04 PM)A-P Wrote: No issues really -- programming the car with OrBit is a relatively safe operation (the software runs a lot of checks before actually programming). You can poke around the forums here / SwedeSpeed to understand the details.
The only thing to really keep in mind is to "Restore to OEM" configuration before going to a dealer (there's a button in OrBit); Volvo currently does not block cars programmed with OrBit, but best to restore just to be safe.

Hello,

I wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I recently installed and used Orbit over the weekend. I must say, the entire process went incredibly smoothly and was surprisingly easy. It was like magic seeing everything work flawlessly, and now I can finally enjoy the Pixel  lights just as they were intended to be.

I consistently run on High beam (Type B) and to my pleasant surprise, I didn't get flashed by other drivers even once.

I do have to mention that the most challenging and confusing part for me was the Diagnostic test in Vida, but that's a whole different story.

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who assisted me throughout this journey. Thank you all for your support!
Hello A-P, I'd like to understand something better. I recently activated pixel headlights (AHB3) using orbit (per recommendations in this forums, 106 set to value 12 (Type B) and 109 set to 06 AHB3. The active pixel functionality works, but it is very shy: it only turns on occasionally, and quickly turns off if there are lights, road signs, anything really. So although it seems to work beautifully, it rarely turns on.

Question: when you say you run on High beam (Type B), do you actually force high beam on, or do you let the auto high beam functionality turn it on when it judges that it is appropriate?

Corollary: can anyone suggest a (better) setting (than 106/12 and 109/06) that maximizes the use of the active pixel headlights?
If you "force" the High Beam, you'll loose the adaptive function. From what I remember from night drive reviews, this was one of the complains from that. It takes to long to activate but it does stay on a lot. Not that shy
Ok thanks! That's really too bad, I wish we could just turn on high beam and leave it at that. I'll have to test it more, but from what I've seen, it does not stay on for long. Glad some users got it to work well, though, gives me some hope!
I just activated my Pixel LED.. Man I wish I also went with Type B/read this thread further before I performed the flash... Now I have to do this twice lol
(07-13-2023, 07:58 PM)Starno Wrote: The upgrade went well but I got nervous for a while.

1. As I left work for home I had the could icon but strangely the auto high beam was not on. Could be a coincidence but it was looking like the upgrade already started reverting to OEM. I'll never know.
2. Got home, connected OrBIT, reverted to OEM.
3. Disconnected OrBIT, got in the car... oups no more update cloud or notification in the settings (going from 2.7 to 2.10). Hum...?
4. Did the infotainement reset, still no cloud ?! Then I got nervous that I lost the update or ability to do so.
5. Took the car out of the Garage (Better LTE coverage), did the TCAM reset (defrost method), cloud and notification came back.
6. Performed the update (60+ min.)
7. Reconnected OrBIT, reloaded last settings.
8. Test drive = all good at 2.10 with Pixel working.

So my question, was it normal that I initially lost the update?

Thanks!

So my car did the same thing with the update where I had it when i parked at the office and to avoid to possibility of being stranded at the office, I waited till i got home.
When i got home the update disappeared... although for me just resetting the infotainment unit brought it back.
That was before I bought orbit applying 2.10.
(08-07-2023, 03:24 AM)aHolyDuck Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 07:58 PM)Starno Wrote: The upgrade went well but I got nervous for a while.

1. As I left work for home I had the could icon but strangely the auto high beam was not on. Could be a coincidence but it was looking like the upgrade already started reverting to OEM. I'll never know.
2. Got home, connected OrBIT, reverted to OEM.
3. Disconnected OrBIT, got in the car... oups no more update cloud or notification in the settings (going from 2.7 to 2.10). Hum...?
4. Did the infotainement reset, still no cloud ?! Then I got nervous that I lost the update or ability to do so.
5. Took the car out of the Garage (Better LTE coverage), did the TCAM reset (defrost method), cloud and notification came back.
6. Performed the update (60+ min.)
7. Reconnected OrBIT, reloaded last settings.
8. Test drive = all good at 2.10 with Pixel working.

So my question, was it normal that I initially lost the update?

Thanks!

So my car did the same thing with the update where I had it when i parked at the office and to avoid to possibility of being stranded at the office, I waited till i got home.
When i got home the update disappeared... although for me just resetting the infotainment unit brought it back.
That was before I bought orbit applying 2.10.

Thanks, good to know. For some reason my car skipped 2.9, maybe for that reason, I did not reset the infotainement or TCAM in a while. I'll do it more frequently as I see others getting OTA updates.

Happy to see that it is not Orbit related although I would not see any correlation.

(07-17-2023, 03:27 PM)4Wheels Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 06:03 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:

Hello,

Ok thanks! That's really too bad, I wish we could just turn on high beam and leave it at that. I'll have to test it more, but from what I've seen, it does not stay on for long. Glad some users got it to work well, though, gives me some hope!

Hey,

Maybe I don't get the concept of adaptive high beam but driving at night again last night makes me thinking that we are not loosing that feature.

When I turned on the car the Autohigh icon was there. Downtown, the car stayed on low beam all the time. Getting on secondary roads, "Pixel" highbeam turned on, I followed a few cars and crossed a couple. Could clearly see the black spots moving, I was not flashed or brake checked once.

Then went back downtown on the same trip and the lights turned back to low.

By the way even if would have been flashed once I would not panic. It happened to me a few times on low beam already. 

Again, no intervention on my end, all automatic and just amazed and impressed of the performance of the light system.
Seems right now spaycetech.com is down.  When I was looking at it the other day, there were three subscription levels.  Which one do I need to active the pixel headlight feature in my P2?
Looks all good from here..
This is really cool.
(08-14-2023, 02:26 AM)Rawb Wrote: This is really cool.

It really is!  106 set to value 12 (Type B) and 109 set to 06 AHB3. Perfect result. A shadow follows the car ahead and the P*2’s brights light up even past it!  Not a complaint from oncoming traffic. It’s a great system. Shame the pixels aren’t active in NA from factory. But with Orbit, we get it!
Big Grin 
2022 C40 US owner here - I've been a bit pissed about the missing pixel features since taking delivery of my car in early '22. Just coded always / Adaptive Pixel with ABL and it's amazing. The rural roads here are really dark and filled with deer so this feature is worth every penny. Thanks for all who contributed to finding the correct settings.