Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2 Pixel activation in N/A
I activated these on my p2. Debating about changing the type B so they're automatic. Any issues for those that have (ie Errors, Beam cut off, etc)?
Do we need to revert to OEM settings before doing any system updates?
(07-10-2023, 09:47 PM)Socals Wrote: I activated these on my p2. Debating about changing the type B so they're automatic. Any issues for those that have (ie Errors, Beam cut off, etc)?
Hey,

It has been a couple of weeks since I activated them and put them on type B.

Aside from the code (that I don't care about, should I?), there is nothing to report. Nothing weird, nothing unusual, it just works.

For those who hesitate... don't.

For those who are about to try the Pixels, save yourself some time and put them on type B to begin with. Once you see how well it works, you'll want them all the time!

I'll be doing my OTA 2.10 tonight (got the Icon right after a full TCAM reset, doesn't seem like a coincidence). I will revert to OEM, clear the codes, update, and then reload my config.
(07-12-2023, 12:05 PM)Starno Wrote:
(07-10-2023, 09:47 PM)Socals Wrote: I activated these on my p2. Debating about changing the type B so they're automatic. Any issues for those that have (ie Errors, Beam cut off, etc)?
Hey,

It has been a couple of weeks since I activated them and put them on type B.

Aside from the code (that I don't care about, should I?), there is nothing to report. Nothing weird, nothing unusual, it just works.

For those who hesitate... don't.

For those who are about to try the Pixels, save yourself some time and put them on type B to begin with. Once you see how well it works, you'll want them all the time!

I'll be doing my OTA 2.10 tonight (got the Icon right after a full TCAM reset, doesn't seem like a coincidence). I will revert to OEM, clear the codes, update, and then reload my config.

Let me know how the upgrade goes, mine was on 2.10 before I did the changes (it was pushed early). I changed to the pixel lights and ended up changing to type B

I’ll probably do the same and revert to OEM Then upgrade. Do the codes clear when reverting to OEM or do you need to take a different step?
(07-09-2023, 06:58 PM)Power6 Wrote: To enable adaptive Pixel light:

Change Item 109 to "06 With AHB3 (Adaptive) Pixel Light"

That is all you need to do for that.

Some people above are interested in the car operating like the European and Rest of World(ROW) cars do: Where the "auto/adaptive beam" function remains on between uses of the car. On the US/Can car, the feature will always default to "off" and you need to twist the headlight stalk to turn the auto/adaptive beam function on each time you use the car. People have found you can achieve this by changing Item 106 HEAD LIGHTS TYPE from "11 LED type A, Pixel Headlamp with HCM" (the US/Can headlamp) to "12 LED type B, Pixel Headlamp with HCM" (EU/ROW headlamp). That does cause the auto/adaptive setting to "remember" it's last setting. That comes with the downside that the headlight modules set a code for configuration, they don't like the "Type B" config setting. Someone correct me if I am wrong here, there is not any apparent "problem" in use of the car this way, just that those codes are persistently set.

On a different (but older) thread I saw a recommendation to set 109 to "05 With AHB2 (Adaptive), High Beam in Small Village" in order to enable active matrix pixel headlights. Does anyone know the difference between using the 109/05 setting vs the 109/06 setting recommended here?
(07-13-2023, 07:20 AM)4Wheels Wrote:

Some people above are interested in the car operating like the European and Rest of World(ROW) cars do: Where the "auto/adaptive beam" function remains on between uses of the car. On the US/Can car, the feature will always default to "off" and you need to twist the headlight stalk to turn the auto/adaptive beam function on each time you use the car. People have found you can achieve this by changing Item 106 HEAD LIGHTS TYPE from "11 LED type A, Pixel Headlamp with HCM" (the US/Can headlamp) to "12 LED type B, Pixel Headlamp with HCM" (EU/ROW headlamp). That does cause the auto/adaptive setting to "remember" it's last setting. That comes with the downside that the headlight modules set a code for configuration, they don't like the "Type B" config setting. Someone correct me if I am wrong here, there is not any apparent "problem" in use of the car this way, just that those codes are persistently set.

On a different (but older) thread I saw a recommendation to set 109 to "05 With AHB2 (Adaptive), High Beam in Small Village" in order to enable active matrix pixel headlights. Does anyone know the difference between using the 109/05 setting vs the 109/06 setting recommended here?
I really think that the setting AHB2 is just for Volvo's headlight. We don't have Matrix, as in multiple pixels that turn on/off to mask the car in front. Ours moves the mirror housing far left/right to create that shadow. It only turns off the whole beam when it doesn't have any space to move. Pixel headlights are very different. Your projector is also capable of moving left/right but I don't know if it can move that far. In any case, Pixel headlights are far better than ours so stick eith that Smile
I really want to try on my Volvo AHB3 to see if it is any difference in lighting the road
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(07-13-2023, 09:26 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 07:20 AM)4Wheels Wrote:

I really think that the setting AHB2 is just for Volvo's headlight. We don't have Matrix, as in multiple pixels that turn on/off to mask the car in front. Ours moves the mirror housing far left/right to create that shadow. It only turns off the whole beam when it doesn't have any space to move. Pixel headlights are very different. Your projector is also capable of moving left/right but I don't know if it can move that far. In any case, Pixel headlights are far better than ours so stick eith that Smile
I really want to try on my Volvo AHB3 to see if it is any difference in lighting the road

AHB3 it is, then. Thank you!
The upgrade went well but I got nervous for a while.

1. As I left work for home I had the could icon but strangely the auto high beam was not on. Could be a coincidence but it was looking like the upgrade already started reverting to OEM. I'll never know.
2. Got home, connected OrBIT, reverted to OEM.
3. Disconnected OrBIT, got in the car... oups no more update cloud or notification in the settings (going from 2.7 to 2.10). Hum...?
4. Did the infotainement reset, still no cloud ?! Then I got nervous that I lost the update or ability to do so.
5. Took the car out of the Garage (Better LTE coverage), did the TCAM reset (defrost method), cloud and notification came back.
6. Performed the update (60+ min.)
7. Reconnected OrBIT, reloaded last settings.
8. Test drive = all good at 2.10 with Pixel working.

So my question, was it normal that I initially lost the update?

Thanks!
That’s weird. Maybe reverting to OEM cleared that it had received an update? How long did you wait between reverting to OEM before trying the resets? I wonder if you revert to OEM then lock and walk away for a bit if it’d show next time you get in.
(07-13-2023, 08:20 PM)Socals Wrote: That’s weird. Maybe reverting to OEM cleared that it had received an update? How long did you wait between reverting to OEM before trying the resets? I wonder if you revert to OEM then lock and walk away for a bit if it’d show next time you get in.

Disconnected the PC, sat in the car, unplugged the adaptor, looked at the screen, no more icon. Maybe it needed time to check for the update.
Will try to wait a little in the next OTA.
(06-26-2023, 08:06 PM)Starno Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 03:04 PM)A-P Wrote: No issues really -- programming the car with OrBit is a relatively safe operation (the software runs a lot of checks before actually programming). You can poke around the forums here / SwedeSpeed to understand the details.
The only thing to really keep in mind is to "Restore to OEM" configuration before going to a dealer (there's a button in OrBit); Volvo currently does not block cars programmed with OrBit, but best to restore just to be safe.

Hello,

I wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I recently installed and used Orbit over the weekend. I must say, the entire process went incredibly smoothly and was surprisingly easy. It was like magic seeing everything work flawlessly, and now I can finally enjoy the Pixel  lights just as they were intended to be.

I consistently run on High beam (Type B) and to my pleasant surprise, I didn't get flashed by other drivers even once.

I do have to mention that the most challenging and confusing part for me was the Diagnostic test in Vida, but that's a whole different story.

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who assisted me throughout this journey. Thank you all for your support!
Hello A-P, I'd like to understand something better. I recently activated pixel headlights (AHB3) using orbit (per recommendations in this forums, 106 set to value 12 (Type B) and 109 set to 06 AHB3. The active pixel functionality works, but it is very shy: it only turns on occasionally, and quickly turns off if there are lights, road signs, anything really. So although it seems to work beautifully, it rarely turns on.

Question: when you say you run on High beam (Type B), do you actually force high beam on, or do you let the auto high beam functionality turn it on when it judges that it is appropriate?

Corollary: can anyone suggest a (better) setting (than 106/12 and 109/06) that maximizes the use of the active pixel headlights?