Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
And I also think that ACC didn’t change that - always 5 kmh on tap
(03-27-2023, 08:17 PM)glennda5id Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:22 PM)cnreeve Wrote: I just activated ACC on my '20 V60, very happy with the success and the ACC seems to work well.

However, I am disappointed that the activation of ACC also changed the CC increments to 5mph rather than 1mph. I will learn to live with it, but it's annoying.

You can do 1 mph increments if you long hold the up/down buttons.

Thanks, that is very helpful. Still annoying, but less so.
Hi there! Has anyone experienced this after activating PA? PA, ACC don't work, and Sensus shows such errors. Sad
Perhaps some parameters need to be set to another level? It seems that everything was done as described here on the forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To get someone to help you must say All settings you changed and which Volvo and which MY year do you have.
(03-30-2023, 07:04 AM)eyas.tyler@meantodeal.com Wrote: Hi there! Has anyone experienced this after activating PA? PA, ACC don't work, and Sensus shows such errors. Sad
Perhaps some parameters need to be set to another level? It seems that everything was done as described here on the forum.

XC60 D4 AWD 21

023 CRUISE CONTROL - 02 to 04
036 ADJUSTABLE SPEED LIMITER - 01 to 03
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 01 to 05
238 TOP DAMPING BRAKES - 01 to 02
147 CONNECTED SAFETY - 01 to 03
148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - 01 to 04
149 ROAD SIGN INFORMATION - 0A (without changes)
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST - 01 (without changes)
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION - 01 (without changes)
318 AUTO PILOT FUNCTION (HAD) - 01  (without changes)

Other changes not related to PA/AAC (working or checking if it works or not)

043 ADJUSTABLE SPEED LIMITER - 12 to 01
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 02 to 05
112 CORNERING LIGHT - 01 tp 02
207 VIDEO ALLOWED - 03 to 02
223 NAVIGATION SYSTEM AND INTERNET MAP - 01 to 04
374 POLESTAR LEVEL - 01 to 02
271 STOP START FUNCTION MEMORY - 01 to 02
BCM/ABS Reset done?

Don't forget to lock the car, let it sleep for 5 mins and then unlock...
(03-30-2023, 01:25 PM)x119 Wrote: BCM/ABS Reset done?

Don't forget to lock the car, let it sleep for 5 mins and then unlock...

1. ABS clear config - done.
How to do BCM reset?

2. After activation, the car was closed for half a day.
So you have MY21 XC60 diesel.
I have MY21 Late XC40, so maybe we have very similar (if not the same) settings.
There are many settings you can change related to (or close) with PA/ACC, but in fact only 3 worked for me (and for most other people here on forum).
Here are settings that I have and everything works great and smoothly. If I don’t put 145 to 05 (instead of 04) then don’t work stop&go in slow traffic, but with 145 set to 05 stop&go starts to work without any fault.

023 CRUISE CONTROL -  04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level1
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 05 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4
238 TOP DAMPING, BRAKES - 02 Friction brake actuator with top damping

I played with other setting arround PA/ACC but they didn’t give me anything new, and when playing with some other settings some of them even degraded work of PA/ACC.

To comment a little some of your other settings:
036 ADJUSTABLE SPEED LIMITER - 01 to 03 - I have it on 03 by OEM - but if your OEM is 01, I suggest to return to OEM first and latter when you get PA/ACC to work play with that if you want (my car is MY21 but for example in MY21 Early User Guide don’t have this function - so it may be important here if your car is MY21 Early and not Late;
CONNECTED SAFETY (CS) - 01 to 03 - I have it on 02 With Connected Safety level 1 by OEM - but if your OEM is 01 I suggest to return it to OEM and latter when get PA/ACC to work play with that if you want - and again similar thinking about MY21 late vs MY21 Early
148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - 01 to 04 - I played with it and don’t work althought I get a button - I suggest return this to OEM because that don’t work in my car nor in most cars here on forum
149, 312, 314, 318 - (without changes) - if that’s your OEMs, than still don’t change this
Other changes not related to PA/AAC - most for sure don’t have relation to PA/ACC but some of them may be suspicious and  may have some relations with brakes or even PA/ACC (I don’t know I am not an expert), maybe only 223 or 374 could get some problems here, for other settings for sure not problems here;

So conclusion (from my point of view) is that you changed too may settings at once and now it is hard to find which setting(s) are responsible for mistakes.
So maybe the best for you is to return to OEM (by one button or manually) most related settings and try to change just 023, 145 and 238 like me or similar. Later play with others if you want.
(03-30-2023, 02:19 PM)luka.gunza Wrote: So you have MY21 XC60 diesel.
I have MY21 Late XC40, so maybe we have very similar (if not the same) settings.
There are many settings you can change related to (or close) with PA/ACC, but in fact only 3 worked for me (and for most other people here on forum).
Here are settings that I have and everything works great and smoothly. If I don’t put 145 to 05 (instead of 04) then don’t work stop&go in slow traffic, but with 145 set to 05 stop&go starts to work without any fault.

023 CRUISE CONTROL -  04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level1
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 05 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4
238 TOP DAMPING, BRAKES - 02 Friction brake actuator with top damping

I played with other setting arround PA/ACC but they didn’t give me anything new, and when playing with some other settings some of them even degraded work of PA/ACC.

To comment a little some of your other settings:
036 ADJUSTABLE SPEED LIMITER - 01 to 03 - I have it on 03 by OEM - but if your OEM is 01, I suggest to return to OEM first and latter when you get PA/ACC to work play with that if you want (my car is MY21 but for example in MY21 Early User Guide don’t have this function - so it may be important here if your car is MY21 Early and not Late;
CONNECTED SAFETY (CS) - 01 to 03 - I have it on 02 With Connected Safety level 1 by OEM - but if your OEM is 01 I suggest to return it to OEM and latter when get PA/ACC to work play with that if you want - and again similar thinking about MY21 late vs MY21 Early
148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - 01 to 04 - I played with it and don’t work althought I get a button - I suggest return this to OEM because that don’t work in my car nor in most cars here on forum
149, 312, 314, 318 - (without changes) - if that’s your OEMs, than still don’t change this
Other changes not related to PA/AAC - most for sure don’t have relation to PA/ACC but some of them may be suspicious and  may have some relations with brakes or even PA/ACC (I don’t know I am not an expert), maybe only 223 or 374 could get some problems here, for other settings for sure not problems here;

So conclusion (from my point of view) is that you changed too may settings at once and now it is hard to find which setting(s) are responsible for mistakes.
So maybe the best for you is to return to OEM (by one button or manually) most related settings and try to change just 023, 145 and 238 like me or similar. Later play with others if you want.

It's decided. The problem was in this setting:

147 CONNECTED SAFETY
Changed to 02 and everything worked.
Great.
And I suggest you if 148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT does nothing for you to return it to 1 (OEM) - when this was on 4 I think that this degraded work of PA//ACC. You are example how wrong setting can show mistake and that is better case because you know for that. But in this testings with settings I have feeling that could be wrong settings which don’t show mistake nor in Orbit nor in car display and that is worse case because sometimes can degrade some other funcrions.

About MY21s from this forum - there are at least 3/4 of us, and for everyone work the same settings for PA/ACC - settings for 023, 145 and 238 are OEM settings from one MY21 here and can’t be better than that I think.