Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending high beams?
I'm curious what you folks who have tinkered with your headlights think about this:

I have a 2018 S90 T8, US spec with bending low beams. I'm pretty sure I should be able to just flip the setting in OrBit to enable bending high beams - from what I've read that is almost certain to work fine. What I'm less sure about is this "adaptive" high beam function. What exactly does it do, and what hardware does the car need to enable it? I don't think my US spec lights support the EU spec "shadowing" tech, but it seems like there is some merit to enabling the AHB2 function anyway.
I am also curious about the HCM. Some info I've read seems to indicate that some cars don't have these. Will these functions work if it's not present?

Do I have this right? Maybe I need to just try it and see...
yes, you can enable shadowing with orbit.
My V90 2018 North American spec I can get it to turn off sections of main and the fog on the upcoming car side and so on, you can clearly see a change in light pattern when there are cars upcoming or you are following. It's far from pixel headlights but better than simple low/high beams IMO

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk