Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
My car is fitted with an ISUDAR carplay unit.  This unit connects between the car and the main display (intercepting connectors) and also connects to the CAN bus.

Is it likely that VIDA will detect and complain about this unit?

Is there any way I can use Orbit to check how the car sees it, ie is it a rogue unit?

Thanks
MY19 XC60 D5 Inscription Pro (UK)
I have a question.

All in All this volvo policy is blocking vida total upgrades.
Is there a workaround?

Can such total upgrade be done by orbit instead?

Do upgrade files differ between cars?
Does vida create a custom software package for one car so it does not fit the other car (signed with VIN or so?

How can I do reload via Orbit? What exactly is needed?
(09-06-2024, 02:39 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: I have a question.

Is there a workaround?

Does vida create a custom software package for one car so it does not fit the other car (signed with VIN or so?

How can I do reload via Orbit? What exactly is needed?

Is there a workaround?
Yes, just disconnect the replaced ECUs or put back the original ECUs if possible BEFORE connecting the car to VIDA.  Or just purchase the reload from VIDA for the replaced ECUs. 

In theory you could if you have the decrypted vbf files and SBL (boot loader) files.  However, getting them is not easy, you will need to order the files from the vida and before installing them you need to copy them to another location. Because after installation completes, VIDA deletes them.  Once you have the files, you will need to decrypt them. How? I don't really know.  

Yes, they are different for each car they are compiled by VOLVO servers and downloaded by VIDA according to to VIN of the car, current software / HW parts and etc.  Same model and year car might have completely different "total upgrade" packages. 

Here is the real question though? What are you trying to save or achieve here to get into all this trouble? 
1) Total upgrades are not mandatory, some cars have never done it since they left the factory! Unless there is a specific recall. 
2) Total upgrade is free, you just need $90 3 days VIDA subscription to perform it. You can use that time to download every single document you need for your car. Learn about how systems in the car works.  You can also gather information for any other VOLVO car by entering the VIN number.
(09-06-2024, 01:07 PM)jdhx Wrote: My car is fitted with an ISUDAR carplay unit.  This unit connects between the car and the main display (intercepting connectors) and also connects to the CAN bus.

Is there any way I can use Orbit to check how the car sees it, ie is it a rogue unit?

Thanks

@IMAY2023

What do you think about this?
MY19 XC60 D5 Inscription Pro (UK)
(09-06-2024, 08:51 PM)jdhx Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 01:07 PM)jdhx Wrote: My car is fitted with an ISUDAR carplay unit.  This unit connects between the car and the main display (intercepting connectors) and also connects to the CAN bus.

Thanks

@IMAY2023

What do you think about this?

OrBit will detect current modules and won’t as far as I know be able to identify changes unless you capture all modules on first read and then compare later.