Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
Exclamation 
Last 3 days with VIDA weren't easy and I ended up spending money on reloading HCM and motion sensor remove, PSMD and PMSP before I was able to perform total upgrade! 

It turns out there are some changes in the VIDA with their latest update!
They have added additional checks and conditions for upgrades like total upgrade.  
If VIDA detects a new unit like alarm motion sensor (easiest retrofit) or even replaced controller (AUD) with the exact part and software numbers that the car came with; it detects it and adds it into HW changes list. 

Here it gets really ugly! 
Before connecting the VIDA, car is reverted back to original but the motion sensor was left connected or a replaced AUD (with exact software and HW diagnostic numbers) was left connected. 
VIDA detects both in the hardware changes tab AUD reload,  IMS remove or IMS reload by HW serial number!  Once it writes it there it's done. Writing it there means, those serial number changes are stored in VOLVO cloud. Before that list is cleared it won't allow to check and to install total upgrade.  The only way to clear that list is by purchasing and reloading those in the list..
Even if you disconnect them or put the original ECU back and do a new readout, it will still force you to do reload software before allowing you to do total upgrade.  You can even try by installing a brand-new VIDA on a different computer and log in as a different user, once you read the car while both units are disconnected or replaced with the original, it will still force for reload!  (I took the car to my friend who had a VIDA and did a read out there without the new controllers, still the same)

I retrofitted bendy lights! The VIDA detected the HCMs and forced me to reload it. $90 which I did but then things went sought! VIDA was not clear on updating and configuring the headlights and individual HCMs.  I just did a straight reload and it broke the DRLs, signal lights and etc. I reloaded the individual software(s) which I used for my initial retrofit and all went back to normal.
I left the alarm motion sensor connected before the first read out because I did not know!  I was forced to reload IMS remove.  $30.  I also had the option of purchasing IMS reload but it costs $250. 

Furthermore, I upgraded my seats with ventilation, massage and extension!  I ended up connecting the original PCMD and PCMP and reloading them. Because it turns out the seat controllers have different HW variants and software even for the same model although they can work properly like taking an s90 seat and putting it on S60 which I have done.  If you take an S60 inscription seat and put it on s60 momentum, VIDA wouldn't reload the software complaining "This HW is not compatible with your car" Then if you put your momentum seats back, VIDA would still force you to reload PSMD and PSMP before allowing total upgrade.  Which I added up doing so! I should have disconnected the seats before doing a read out.

As a result, reverting to original is not enough, all the replaced or retrofitted ECUs must be disconnected too before the VIDA readout. It does not block the car but it will record permanent HW change(s). 
However, if the total upgrade includes an update on the disconnected module, then it won't work too and it does not give any info about which ECUs are going to be updated. It only shows the updated ECUs during the actual installation process. 

So, Folks be careful out there!
Ohhh no. I was going to do a software reload on a another S60 for my new aud so that the new bowers aud would work on my s60. This is not making things any easier. There goes that dream for doing a fast soft reload.
(06-08-2024, 05:36 AM)Cerebro Wrote: Ohhh no. I was going to do a software reload on a another S60 for my new aud so that the new bowers aud would work on my s60. This is not making things any easier. There goes that dream for doing a fast soft reload.

Here is the thing. 
Let's say your car came with HK AUD from factory and you want to upgrade officially.  According to parts catalog the xxxxx B&W AUD part number fits to S60 (your model year). 
But this does not mean VIDA will reload a B&W AUD on your car!  You can order the software but before installing it, VIDA checks your new B&W AUD number and if it does not match to the catalog of your VIN number in VOLVO database, it won't install.  So, before purchasing anything new go to the dealer and ask. Let them do the job. They might have way of getting around it.  You can also take the risk but remember, only VOLVO factory knows which HW is for which VIN. Even dealers makes mistakes and order wrong part number or variants. 

Or, just buy a used one and keep your original AUD. every time you visit the dealer or connect VIDA, just connect it to power socket and MOST and leave it on the top of B&W AUD.
Again something that Volvo thinks the cars are from them and not from the customers.
Volvo keeps sucking more and more with software.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
Interesting research by the owner, may I have your contact info?
Que raro lo que te ha pasado a tí. En mi coche tengo activado varias cosas con orbit y he hecho el mantenimiento sin ponerlo a origen y al cargar el software 2.0 te detecta error en los módulos que has modificado y te lo recarga a los ajustes de fábrica él mismo. 
El mantenimiento lo he hecho hace dos semanas.
Exclamation 
Another important point I forgot to mention. 
When I did the first read out,  my retrofitted heated & ventilated back seats were also left connected.  I got DTCs from CCM that said "A new module detected that does not match car's configuration"  which was expected because I reverted all config to original before read out by VIDA. 

Unlike the IMS (alarm movement sensor), PSMD, PSMP and HCM VIDA did not add the CCM nor any other reload software for the retrofitted two rear seat heating modules. 
So, we cannot really know which retrofits would be added in the HW changes lists s and which wouldn't.  

Here is another point how VIDA and VOLVO part number work.  
I retrofitted ACC & Pilot Assist officially.   I purchased the 30795868 "Hydraulic unit" and replaced my original with it. 
When I did the VIDA read out  to install the software after installation of the new unit, it had given me two different software in  the HW changes TAB.  I though, I had to order both below and install one after another.  
1) BSM reload  "don't remeber the part number" 
2) IntelliSafe Assist 32207072

So, I ordered and retrieved "paid" the first one "BSM reload", but it did not install it. Complaining that this software is not compatible with your VIN. 
VOLVO refunded the money then I purchased the other one " IntelliSafe Assist 32207072" and installed it successfully and that was it.  It included the BSM main software and everything else. 

What this means is, if you even connect a new B&W AUD to your car and try to reload AUD, it may or may not install it depending on if that HW part number is listed as option for your VIN.
(06-08-2024, 06:38 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Another important point I forgot to mention. 
When I did the first read out,  my retrofitted heated & ventilated back seats were also left connected.  I got DTCs from CCM that said "A new module detected that does not match car's configuration"  which was expected because I reverted all config to original before read out by VIDA. 

Unlike the IMS (alarm movement sensor), PSMD, PSMP and HCM VIDA did not add the CCM nor any other reload software for the retrofitted two rear seat heating modules. 
So, we cannot really know which retrofits would be added in the HW changes lists s and which wouldn't.  

I retrofitted ACC & Pilot Assist officially.   I purchased the 30795868 "Hydraulic unit" and replaced my original with it. 
When I did the VIDA read out  to install the software after installation of the new unit, it had given me two different software in  the HW changes TAB.  I though, I had to order both below and install one after another.  

So, I ordered and retrieved "paid" the first one "BSM reload", but it did not install it. Complaining that this software is not compatible with your VIN. 
VOLVO refunded the money then I purchased the other one " IntelliSafe Assist 32207072" and installed it successfully and that was it.  It included the BSM main software and everything else. 

What this means is, if you even connect a new B&W AUD to your car and try to reload AUD, it may or may not install it depending on if that HW part number is listed as option for your VIN.

I two days my new b&w aud will arrive to the dealr where I can pick it up. Before paying will ask the dealer of there willing to do the reload. Trough my vin the aud I ordered does pup up as part for this car aka my car. Thus I really thin reload trough vida should work. Will see and will keep you up to date.

(06-08-2024, 06:38 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Another important point I forgot to mention. 

I two days my new b&w aud will arrive to the dealr where I can pick it up. Before paying will ask the dealer of there willing to do the reload. Trough my vin the aud I ordered does pup up as part for this car aka my car. Thus I really thin reload trough vida should work. Will see and will keep you up to date.
(06-08-2024, 06:28 PM):-) Wrote: Que raro lo que te ha pasado a tí. En mi coche tengo activado varias cosas con orbit y he hecho el mantenimiento sin ponerlo a origen y al cargar el software 2.0 te detecta error en los módulos que has modificado y te lo recarga a los ajustes de fábrica él mismo. 
El mantenimiento lo he hecho hace dos semanas.

Taking the car to service does not mean that your car was indeed connected to VIDA and scanned. Most of the times service centers do not connect the car to VIDA unless there is an issue. 
Even if they did, they would not know if your car is blocked or not for software download until they try to install some software same goes for the HW changes TAB. 

In both cases, your car will operate as it was and you wouldn't notice any difference. 
The risk for being blocked due to VOLVO noticing configuration changes is that, if you really would need to replace a faulty unit and reload it, VIDA would give an error massage "This car is blocked for software download". 

To be clear, 
unlike modified configuration, replacing or retrofitting a unit does not block the car for software download. On the contrary, it forces the owner to do a reload of the replaced or added unit(s) before even scanning the car for available upgrades "total upgrade" .
So if i have retrofitted electric seats, backup camera, HK and keyless, should i be afraid if something legit breaks down? If i dont have my original seats left is the worst case scenario that they stop working?
V60 2020