Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking sensors
Yes, you can change the CEM there are two ways doing it. 
1) Officially > getting a brand-new one and using VIDA to reload it. However, I am not sure if VIDA would allow reloading a different level than the original. LO to "high" 
2) Un official > You need to get a used one and clone yours to the used one. Cloning is done on the bench. You need special tool and computer software to do that. There are some shops offer this type of service, you will need to ask around.
I already consider the case lost but at least it serves as information for other colleagues. 

Officially: They tell me that they can only put a "Medium" Md, which is the one available for my car according to the Volvo system. Same response in 2 official dealers. 

Unofficially: I have asked 4 stores specialized in switchboards and they can only clone if it is the same CEM code. 
When changing codes and higher models, the chip changes and data cannot be copied from one unit to another. It's quite logical...

It would be great to open a thread and comment on the CEM units we have and the changes we can make to help other colleagues and corroborate the information I have obtained. 

Greetings!
The sad part is that the instructions are no longer available. Does anyone have them saved perhaps and doesn't mind sharing?  Huh

Hello!
I attach a link to the manual and 2 images that will help you.
You'll explain how it went.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bMXwI4W...p=drivesdk