Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CEM 4027 - Battery Time in Service
I think it's the ABS Clear Config that does it. I was doing some testing today, write a config change that triggers the ABS clear config in post programming...and my battery days in service went to 0!

Note this is NOT a bug in OrBit...the ABS Clear config needs to be done when changing some settings, and the procedure is a specific routine on the BCM/BCM2, it's not a case of "resetting the wrong thing" or anything like that.

It's very curious as to *why* running that routine on the BCM/BCM2 causes the battery days in service to be cleared out, but that's something that is happening in the car, out of our control.

I'll test with a little bit more to be sure this is what it is, but it looks pretty likely this is the cause.

The battery status and reset of the history is done and will be in the next update, you'll be able to see the days in service displayed right in the Shortcuts tab on a button when connected to the car, and also reset when replacing the battery. Although apparently you could just run an ABS Config clear as well ;-)
FYI I changed my battery last weekend. It was plugged in through my 20A charger/tender in the front while I did the swap... Although I am not 100% sure it stayed on charge mode (seems when the car changes status my charger stop being "on" until I press power again).

Anyway, I was about to reset the battery time in service during the week and the time in service was 5 days, so it did reset itself automatically.

I guess I don't have to run the battery routine anymore since it says 5 days?