Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supposed "Autopilot/Handsfree Highway Assist/Lane Change asssist” etc.
By the way, I found this
I think, it was a concept and left those 
100 AUTONOMOUS DRIVE
318 AUTO PILOT FUNCTION (HAD) 03 Auto Pilot level 1
settings in the CEM. 

Usually, when enabling a function displays on/off button on Sensus. But enabling  312 LANE CHANGE ASSIS  does not.  Maybe it requires an ECU which we don't have. 
Could not find any info about it. 
Volvo embarked on the "Drive Me" autonomous driving experience in 2016. I think these settings maybe related to such program.

The press release is available on the Volvo's global newsroom,  Drive Me . The keyword "Drive me Volvo" and "Volvo Uber" could lead to some official videos, articles and pictures. 

Moreover, Volvo partnered with industry leaders in ride-hailing services like Uber in the United States and Didi in China to test and implement their autonomous technologies in real-world scenarios. The partnerships, however, have not been without controversy. In 2018, a significant incident occurred where a self-driving Uber car, a Volvo XC90, struck and killed a pedestrian. This unfortunate event received significant media attention, raising concerns about the safety of autonomous vehicles.

You can find more about these collaborations and their outcomes using keywords like "Volvo Uber" and "Volvo Didi." Official videos, articles, and images are available to give you a better understanding of these partnerships and the state of Volvo's autonomous vehicle technology.
I wonder if any of these work on the polestar (specifically MY23).
MidNight PoleStar 2 My2023 PPP
Regarding autonomous lane changing, I think that the system is referring to applying gas when overtaking. 

For the system to be able to switch lanes automatically it should have radars in all 4 corners of the car. SPA/CMA vehicles only offer rear corner radars. 

Other, less likely imo, explaination is that current vehicles can indeed switch lanes given that they are equipped with all around parking sensors. Volvo mentions that the parking sensors work from 0.8 meters (about 2 feet) away from obstacles while in reality they could have a much bigger range.

Thirdly, as someone already mentioned, the Drive Me program could explain the presence of that toggle.
Likely scenario is that this was a prototype function that did not make production - there are loads of things 'available' that can't be found in production vehicles, Night Vision is an example. You can enable it; nothing happens. There isn't anything online about any SPA/CMA vehicle having it either.
(11-06-2023, 03:39 AM)Ummad72 Wrote: I wonder if any of these work on the polestar (specifically MY23).

Me too!  Same Car, same question!
San Diego, CA
2023 Polestar 2 (Midnight)
Plus, Pilot, Performance (PPP)
So, theres no way to make Pilot Assist hands free?
(01-10-2024, 04:40 PM)Territorial_ Wrote: So, theres no way to make Pilot Assist hands free?

No. It is pilot ASSIST, not self driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-10-2024, 04:43 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 04:40 PM)Territorial_ Wrote: So, theres no way to make Pilot Assist hands free?

No. It is pilot ASSIST, not self driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a shame, i need to keep carrying the wrist weight for a longer trips.