Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supposed "Autopilot/Handsfree Highway Assist/Lane Change asssist” etc.
So after playing with several settings and trying to get it to change lanes on its own it doesn't do more than pilot assist. Granted, I think I did see that the warning for apply steering went away, the efficacy of lane keeping with pilot assist went way down. Like it bounced around in the lane a lot more and was more unsure of itself. 

After a few hours and a half tank of gas driving around trying to make sure I wasn't tweaking, I can safely say I'm going to leave pilot assist active and not try any of the other autonomous driving features. I haven't figured out the correct combination to get them to truly enable autonomous driving and other options activated just sort of degrade the performance of the system.

Has anyone had success with these?
You found a setting where you don't have to hold the steering?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Keep in mind that it was all over the road when I had these active during "pilot assist" so i can't for certain say i didn't see the warning because it was deactivated. it was likely i was inputting so it was resetting the clock. 

100 AUTONOMOUS DRIVE             02 Autonomous Vehicle Volvo
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIS              02 Lane Change Assist level 1
318 AUTO PILOT FUNCTION (HAD) 03 Auto Pilot level 1
494 HIGHWAY ASSIST                  03 With Highway Assist 3: Automatic lane change assistance is included, hands off is allowed

But now that you say that, i wonder if just activating Highway Assist 03 will deactivate the hands on warning. Guess we'll find out this weekend!

ETA forgot the 4th one... the Auto Pilot
I've tested the following today
494 HIGHWAY ASSIST - 03 With Highway Assist 3: Automatic lane change assistance is included, hands off is allowed

That didn't do the trick it still asked me to hold the steering wheel Sad, I will try to poke around more
to mamous - I think you said you have MY21XC60T8. What level of 023 (Cruise control / ACC), 145 - Traffic jam,  148 - Curve speed and 314 (ACC) do you have on yours ?
Here is my configuration from the factory and it's the current

Cruise control Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level1
TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4
CURVE SPEED SUPPORT Without Curve Speed Warning,without Curve Speed Assist
Adaptive cruise control version ACC version 1
Thanks man. MY21 is legendary.
I rememeber because I wanted to buy MY20 (year before) but I didn't. 
Well, when I returned again to dealer in less then a year  they put limit 180 and there were no diesels any more.
(02-28-2023, 12:50 AM)mamous Wrote: Here is my configuration from the factory and it's the current

My 2019 S60 t5 did not have pilot assist nor acc. I upgraded it officially (replacing the hydraulic unit  and installing intelli Safe software from VIDA). 
Two days ago I did total upgrade from VIDA. So I have the latest available versions of all ECUs 

Then I set the  
Cruise control from Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level 1 to LEVEL 3
Adaptive cruise control version from ACC version 1 to  2. 

I must say it improved the pilot assist so much so that it turns green so quickly, handles the curves on highways much better. 
It used to disconnect (turn grey) so randomly and frequently. But not anymore. 

I haven't tested 312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST together with other settings  yet.  
(03-03-2023, 05:21 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 12:50 AM)mamous Wrote: Here is my configuration from the factory and it's the current

My 2019 S60 t5 did not have pilot assist nor acc. I upgraded it officially (replacing the hydraulic unit  and installing intelli Safe software from VIDA). 
Two days ago I did total upgrade from VIDA. So I have the latest available versions of all ECUs 

Then I set the  
Cruise control from Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level 1 to LEVEL 3
Adaptive cruise control version from ACC version 1 to  2. 

I must say it improved the pilot assist so much so that it turns green so quickly, handles the curves on highways much better. 
It used to disconnect (turn grey) so randomly and frequently. But not anymore. 

I haven't tested 312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST together with other settings  yet.  

I gave those settings a try today. Honestly I didn’t notice much of a difference (2019 XC90 with PA2).

I did throw some BCM codes immediately after programming:
Quote:
BCM:

B1111
- Electric Park Brake Enable- System Programming Failures- Int
/ Incompatible Software Component

U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Not
programmed

U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Not configured

UCME
U1060 - No Communication over Ethernet to IHU-

Cleared the codes and reset the ABS and things seemed to settle down. As I said, everything worked, but I couldn’t tell much of an improvement personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
For me it just works better. 
I am not sure if your car has upgrades available, mine is on the latest total upgrade.
Volvo services were suppose to install all the upgrades during every service but they simply don't. They just reset the service interval. 

Anyway, 
Today I tried below settings to test the auto lane change but I got bunch of CEM errors about tire pressure system.  
It did not work. 

100 AUTONOMOUS DRIVE             02 Autonomous Vehicle Volvo
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIS              02 Lane Change Assist level 1
318 AUTO PILOT FUNCTION (HAD) 03 Auto Pilot level 1
494 HIGHWAY ASSIST                  03 With Highway Assist 3: Automatic lane change assistance is included, hands off is not allowed