Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SCL remove - SOLVED
(04-17-2024, 01:05 PM)x119 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:36 AM)Sodertalje Wrote: Damn Big Grin  Just replaced my SCL (for 180 Euros) oh well, hopefully this one won't break anytime soon.

Cheap!!

I got billed £800 by Volvo UK... after they had left my car stuck on my driveway for a week as they didn't have Volvo Assistance available to come rescue it - they have a virgin steering lock to plug in which allows 1 start and means you can drive the vehicle (if it's failed: off). 
The part itself has an extended warranty due to known issues... 5yrs vs the usual 2.

Mine broke down after getting fuel on the motorway. So I had to call a friend with a trailer to come pick me up. After diagnosing it with Vida, the SCL was broken. I called my dealer and had them order a new one. It was a bit of a pain to get the screws out since it's a security feature and breaks the head when you put them in. In the end, it's just hammering with a chisel until they come out. Fun fact: after hitting them a few times, the car started, so that might save someone with the same problem. Hit it with a spanner or hammer and you may get one last start to get home.
Anyway, after replacing the SCL, I reloaded the software and all was good. This was a month ago and no failed starts since that.