Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V90/XC90/S90 HK AUD .VBF Files
(05-05-2024, 01:21 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 10:50 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: DO NOT DO IT! Your AUD will turn into brick! 
I tried the opposite way! My first AUD (B&W) came from S90 and I tried to load B&W S60 software on it to make my tweeters work.  
At the end, AUD does not even load and turned into brick. Now I am trying to find s90 software to rescue it. 

Although the the part numbers are all the same, most likely the AUD flash procedure requires config file to over write output configuration of the AUD similar to HCM (headlight controller). At the end of the day flashed software must match to the stored output configuration of the AUD. 

You have two options. 
1) Find an another AUD from any 90 series.
2) You need to connect your MIDs and Tweeters in parallel to the woofer.

Interesting. So you found the .vbf file for a 60 series and flashed it to the 90 series AUD?

I'm not that familiar with HCM / headlight swapping. But I thought if you were installing headlights from a different car you could flash to change the configuration?

(05-07-2024, 12:12 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Well this is discouraging.  I feel like it must be possible since if I wanted to buy a new HK/K504 Amplifier from Volvo for my 2018 V90CC the appropriate AUD is PN 36003062 / HW 31456942. And these numbers are the exact same on HK/K504 AUD I got from a donor 2019 XC60. If the PN/HW numbers are the same it must be software that determines which channels/pins are active on the AUD.
Buying a brand new AUD is very different than buying a used one from different series.  Brand new ones do not have any software nor configuration inside and the  AUD is the same HW part number across all series.  It's even possible to upgrade from HK to B&W AUD officially if you buy the AUD brand-new.  The AUD reload software called AUD exchange. This was the case last year for my 2019 S60 when I asked the volvo dealership after bricking my first used B&W AUD.   So, I think it should be possible to load the 90 series software into a brand new AUD via Orbit.  

But you said, your car is V90 and you got used HK AUD from 60 which has a different output configuration (does not have MID+HIGH channels on rear doors) than 90 series has and you wanted to load 90 series software on the used 60 series AUD.  

Besides, it's not only those numbers, you also have (below) check and compare that too between HK 90 series and HK 60 series. 
SWP1_Local Configuration Parameters: 31489579 AB
I got to defer to you all because you know way more about this than me, haha!

But I just checked a parts page, and while its lists the same PN for the K503 (BW) AUD for a 2019 S60 and 2020 S90 (it did not list a K503 AUD for MY 2019 for the S90)--there are two different HW numbers depending on the chassis number of the S60. Maybe that was the source of the issue? Again, I'm clueless though, haha.
SUCCESS! I'm happy to report with @Power6 walking me through it, we used Orbit to flash an Harman Kardan AUD (amplifier) to change it's channel/speaker output from 60 series to 90 series.

Both the 60 series and 90 series HK AUD's I was looking at had the same PN and HW numbers. Then with further digging with Orbit, we discovered they had the same software--with only the local parameters file being different. We then flashed the proper 90 series local parameters software to the AUD, leaving everything else the same and the AUD accepted the change. 

I will confirm this weekend when I finish the wiring project. But immediately after the flash, my rear door woofers stopped playing full range sound (highs, mids, and lows) and switched to lows only. Which makes sense the 90 series have a dedicated channel for mid/highs on the rear doors, whereas 60 series send a full range signal to the rear door's woofer and tweeter wired in parallel.
Happy to hear, 
As I suspected. the software is the same but the SWP1_Local Configuration Parameters: is different.  
Maybe if I get the S60 correct configuration file for my bricked B&W AUD, I might have a chance to recover it.  Or find s90 software to flash it.
One follow up question, has anyone who has done this before noticed that the system volumes, i.e. turn signal, cross traffic alert, parking assistance, are a lot quieter even at the max setting compared to the HP system?

When I initially did the AMP change I lost turn signal sound altogether because the center speaker had not arrived and apparently the HK and BW systems exclusively use the center speaker whereas HP uses the L and R channels (presumably just on the front doors). When I installed the center speaker the other day I got the turn signal noise back. But it is incredibly quiet compared to before.  I didn't swap the system speaker that came with the HK center speaker since my car already has it. But I can't imagine that would make a difference since they appear identical. Is there some Orbit configuration I missed? Or are the system volumes just lower on the HK & BW systems given they use only the center speaker as opposed to stereo in the HP?
I don't remember the turn signal but I know for sure on B&W the parking sensor sound comes from the door mid range speakers. Because my driver door MID speaker gave up and I lost the parking sensor sounds.  I replaced the MID speaker, now I hear the sound. CTA warnings are coming from the rear speakers depending on the side.  
Have you changed the 028 RADIO, AMP AND SPEAKER SYSTEM after replacing the AUD?
I definitely noticed some car sounds change when swapping the amp/AUD. And it depends on if you have changed the config. Without config, H/K to B&W amp I lost front parking sensor sounds. Once i do the config of the car B&W to match the AUD, all works fine. But the turn signal "clicks", they are just twice as loud with the B&W stereo, no idea why. It's not one of the "system volumes" you can set in the sensus for those, than I know.