Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
This button you sent in link, well I have same text in Volvo MY12 late guide, but this is not same button we talked before.
But I think we speak about same things but have little different terminology, that's could be common case when two people from different speaking area are writing english on forum.
By the way, Volvo text you send in link (which I also have in my guide) looks for me crazy, totally unfihished, they speak here much more about button FOR SPEED LIMITER and toggling between the two, then BOOOOM !!!..two short sentences about CC and ACC which are speaking about sit bells and 30 km/h, but OK.....for me text without sense at all, in my country we would say TEXT WITHOUT HEAD AND TAIL ...Volvo MY 21 early guide for PA and ACC was totally clear to me...this MY21 late text looks like they were in hurry, it looks like they want you to buy Orbit to see what will happen on screens (or to buy PA and ACC from them).  
Ok, I will see and it will be clear when I make it with Orbit, let's finish with this discusion and wait, maybe others want to say something clear and visible about theme...
Well, yes and no
Agree that the text is written in a hurry. You complain about the text, yet we had 2 non-function buttons on steering wheel and a few settings in Sensus that did nothing before OrBit. That is a complain
As you can see, the guide is for Cruise Control functions which Speed Limiter is a part of
https://ibb.co/r4Y1PNn
Also, @mamous told you on the other thread what configuration he has for his MY21, same as ours
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
Yes, thanks man, now I am ready for the Orbit but must wait 2 weeks after the yearly service. Honestly I would get it without PA, the most important reason to get it is speed limiter (not this one we talked before).
I also said I won't use PA, is to jerky. But on long trips, just so I can change something on the screen or light a cig up is usefull
Most people here said that AAC runs smoothy and much bettter than PA.
Do you feel similar for AAC vs PA ?
I don't think that could be comparable. I don't know if for PA is a different distance keeping feature. They feel exactly the same. PA just steers to keep me in the "middle" 
I know that for us, in Germany, it will also keep left on the autobahn when it comes to a complete stop to make room for the ambulance and what not. Didn't tried it yet
(02-02-2023, 04:37 PM)Power6 Wrote: This is a common one so I will kick off with the general guidelines and others can chime in as more is learned!

If you have OrBit supported Volvo with regular cruise control, AFAIK all these SPA/CMA Volvos have the sensors and equipment for PA and ACC to work, as those are already used by the safety systems. The software on all the modules also appears to be the same stuff whether you have PA/ACC or not. So enabling these items is a matter of config in OrBit!**

There are multiple items that comprise enabling PA/ACC and it can be confusing. What I will describe is the "lowest common denominator" settings for enabling PA below, which will include ACC when done:

023 CRUISE CONTROL - 03 Adaptive cruise control, level 1
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 04 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 3
238 TOP DAMPING BRAKES - 02 Friction Brakes actuator with top damping (change this only non-hybrid car)

If you are "confused" just do the above. This enables Pilot Assist on my 2019 S60 T6 that did not have the Advanced Package. Many people than ask what "top damping" is, and I have no clue ;-) Just that non-hybrid cars with Pilot Assist have that enabled (and see ** below). For hybrid cars, I would leave that setting at what it is orginally, since the "brake by wire" system is known to support PA as it is.

NOTE YOU MUST ALSO RUN "ABS CLEAR CONFIG" FROM THE SHORTCUTS TAB AFTER YOU CHANGE AND WRITE CONFIG WITH THESE ITEMS. Glad we got that out of the way. In future update OrBit will do this automatically for the items tha we "know" need the ABS clear config run. For now, just remember to run it after you change config.

If you want to play with settings further there are a number of additional features and "higher levels" of PA/ACC you can play with, see if they work. It is not clear what cars "support" these features, I'll share my experiences to kick it off (2019 S60 T6 R-Design)

142 PARKING ASSISTANCE - I have "03 Park Assistance, rear and front" as original. Autmated parking settings are in this item. Enable on my car (04, 05) gives messages in dash about "parking assistance unavailable" and trouble codes set for missing side parking sensors...
148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - I can enable and the items show upin dash and Sensus to use this, but never has worked from what I can see
149 ROAD SIGN INFORMATION - I've changed this to version "with SLA" to support Curve speed assist above (0F for USA) but that still does not work
155 SPEED WARNING - Disabled on my car original, I have enabled, this works
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST - this does not work on my 2019 S60, not automated lane change. 
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION - Mine is "01 ACC Version 1" I have not tried changing this

023, 145 changing to higher "levels" - On my car, moving these up to higher than the settings I noted above, then write, ABS clear etc. I get messages on the dash of ESC, Cruise Control disabled etc. So does not work for me. Newer Volvos "with Pilot Assist" maybe well have the hardware to support the higher levels, I don't know. That's where the community and trying and learning comes in....

** Volvo offers or has offered the "Intellisafe Assist" accessory for cars without PA to get it. On non-hybrid cars, they require a new ABS pump unit to be installed. It seems that a different unit was needed for the non-hybrid cars to have Pilot Assist. Not too much is known, other than this may be the unit with "top damping" we see in config. At any rate, while the software is there, and you can enable PA on an ICE model...Volvo doesn't support that without the ABS pump swap. We know it does work and has been fairly common to do, no known issue, but you should know it's AT YOUR OWN RISK! Personally I don't mind, I was curious about PA/ACC so enabled it, but I don't use it very much anyways

Hi, 

For  142 PARKING ASSISTANCE  with SEMI AUTO, you will need to install 4 sensors. Instructions. (I did it myself. Volvo no longer sells the wiring harness but I wired myself into CEM.  See the enclosed. 
148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - according to VIDA, this works mostly on highways only with ACC or Pilot Assist.  (set to 4)  
149 ROAD SIGN INFORMATION - works perfectly. You'll get third option , you'll need both 149 and  036 Adjustable Speed limit. Put them 0F and 03 respectively.  
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION -  I tried version 4, it seemed to me ACC was bugy.  
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST - I could not find any info about this for any model and year. It might be usable with 494 - HIGHWAY Assist. My S60 2016 T5, did not have pilot assist. I installed it myself following this guide (replacing the hydraulic unit then installing app 32207072 from VIDA.)  After that my factory setting of  494 - HIGHWAY Assist was 00- Unknown Value.  I tried with 2 but it seems not working. I have not mess around other unknowns in the drop down. 

I'm going to try  155 SPEED WARNING,  mine is also disabled but I still get speed warning ding (above 5 miles/h) if I set it from sensus. 

Attached Files
.pdf   FRONT_SENSORS.pdf (Size: 254.88 KB / Downloads: 46)
.pdf   REAR_SENSORS.pdf (Size: 245.83 KB / Downloads: 19)
Some info regarding PA and ACC. Till MY 2021 there were 2 types of hidraulic units. "weaker" and "more powerfull". They located on the left side, close to front left wiper. To check, wich one You have-open the cover to access brake fluide, then put Your phone on stick (or, if You have long hand) insert it there with camera on, and try to record video on unit's pump side. If You see 772 - old "weak" unit, if You see 774 - You good to go with acc activation and it will work smoothly.

[Image: Xv1ckAlqfkGtZ0NSlnsICdhuI2M-1920.jpg]
Do you mean that pump from any MY21 should be good to go??
(03-02-2023, 08:01 PM)luka.gunza Wrote: Do you mean that pump from any MY21 should be good to go??

Most likely - yes. But better check, what abs unit do you have