Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
Yes that is right. I wanted Orbit firstly for Change S/S, Speed limit and  VIM and those 3 functions are easy, just have to change one parameter, hard to mistake, you only have to know a little English.
Than on this forum I found that I probably can switch from normal cruise control to  ACC and PA, but for that you need to change more parameters. And it may be depended on production year (MY) of your Volvo.
That's why I asked for mine MY21.
I  think it is normal that you get  warnings on the dash because changig just one parameter is not enough for PA and ACC and Volvo was confused.
Good news are that  warnings disappeared when you reversed back to OEM.
You must read the whole this thread, it is not long, many things are clear now, but still not all.
And yet, both of you didn't fully read it
Everything that has something to do with the ABS module, will give an error. After enabling ACC on whichever level you want, go ahead and hit Clear ABS button (in my case I also had to do the Clear All DTC as well), not only that, Power6 also introduced in the new beta an automatic ABS fault clear feature because of this exact reason.
So you can enable ACC without PA. After the modification, let the car enter standby (like 10 minutes) and then you'll have the button in sensus to activate CC or ACC
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(02-25-2023, 06:33 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: And yet, both of you didn't fully read it
SmileEverything that has something to do with the ABS module, will give an error. After enabling ACC on whichever level you want, go ahead and hit Clear ABS button (in my case I also had to do the Clear All DTC as well), not only that, Power6 also introduced in the new beta an automatic ABS fault clear feature because of this exact reason.
So you can enable ACC without PA. After the modification, let the car enter standby (like 10 minutes) and then you'll have the button in sensus to activate CC or ACC

Thanks for the tips, when you say ‘let the car enter standby’ do you mean leaving it connected to orbit passively or turning the car off? Actually I tried Orbit before I found the forum, that’s why I said I was glad to find it   Smile
As someone who has never tried programming a car before it gave me confidence that I could reverse any mistakes. I’ll try again with more knowledge from the users in this forum.

Cheers
You can reverse it. That's the beauty! Also you should reverse it every time you go to the dealer
Turn the car off, locked and untouched for 10 minutes
I still don’t have Orbit. I will get it for 2-3 weeks from now, after regular yearly service, that will be the better moment to get it than now few weeks before regular yearly service.
So, I am in parallel reading of forum and Volvo MY21 user guide (just for PA and ACC). PA and ACC Volvo user guides for MY21 Early and Late are little different - mine is MY21 Late, so I am reading this one.
I already get things (but just from forum) about ABS errors and new beta which I will of course use when I get Orbit, so better for me.
Other things I will change (S/S, Speed, Limiter, VIM) - everything easy and clear already from the forum. But PA/ACC is still not everything clear, maybe depends on MY, maybe on car type, maybe on continet, I just want to have the best possible starting point for it, the best would be OEM MY21 PA/ACC. If I don’t get it here, staring point for me for PA/ACC should be something similar to  marinalin85 and krunchou, but krunchou maybe could done it better for him because he has MY22, well who knows........
So, for now I am analyzing forum trying to get the best starting point and hope when I get Orbit I will find solution for PA and ACC very fast and I will than share resuls here with others.
To marinalin85 (or others):
I got just Speed Limiter (SL) and Cruise Control (CC) now. I can press left or right button on the steering wheel keypad to toggle between them and can get SL or CC to activate.

1. Are you saying that after activating PA/ACC with Orbit you get completely new button in the center display's Function view for activating or deactivating ACC???
2. What can you toggle betwen on the steering wheel keypad when this button for ACC in the center display's Function view is set to green???
3. What can you toggle betwen on the steering wheel keypad when this button for ACC in the center display's Function view is set to gray???
4. I am asking because from Volvo users guides for MY21 late/early it is not very clear what I can have on both displays with ACC/PA instaled. Additionally, when in MY1 Volvo Early Guide there is something about button in the center display's Function view for activating or deactivating ACC, in MY1 Volvo Late Guide (and guides after that) this button disappears from explanations.
1 - not a "new" button but a new function. I"ve had the button for Cruise Control before too that just enabled/disabled normal CC (but didn't do that. It was just there, like the memory for Auto Start/Stop) Now you"ll have 1 more function
2 - for green you'll get just SL and CC
3 - for grey you'll get SL, ACC and PA seperately
4 - you'll have the button
Brilliant explanation. That’s exactly how I understood from MY21 early Volvo users guide.
In this moment I don’t remember that I have this button for Cruise Control under function view, I have many buttons there but can’t remember of this one, if yes I didn’t use it.  Car is not here now, when I get home I must look for it.
I was in car and I don’t have this button for Cruise Control under function view.

I have Automatic Speed Limiter (ASL) button instead which I never used because I never used Speed Limmiter (SL).

And that is accordant to Volvo MY1 Late Guide (and all guides after that) where Cruise Control button disappears from explanations, but they all have this Automatic Speed Limiter button which I didn’t see before.
So toggling betwen Cruise Control/Speed limiter functions (speed limiter-SL, automatic speed limiter-ASL, cruise control -CC, adaptive cruise control-ACC and Pilot Assist-PA) on the steering wheel keypad should be different for Volvos after MY1 Late then on earlier versions.
Any body here with MY21 late or newer versions here?
(02-27-2023, 07:20 PM)luka.gunza Wrote: I was in car and I don’t have this button for Cruise Control under function view.

I have Automatic Speed Limiter (ASL) button instead which I never used because I never used Speed Limmiter (SL).

And that is accordant to Volvo MY1 Late Guide (and all guides after that) where Cruise Control button disappears from explanations, but they all have this Automatic Speed Limiter button which I didn’t see before.
So toggling betwen Cruise Control/Speed limiter functions (speed limiter-SL, automatic speed limiter-ASL, cruise control -CC, adaptive cruise control-ACC and Pilot Assist-PA) on the steering wheel keypad should be different for Volvos after MY1 Late then on earlier versions.
Any body here with MY21 late or newer versions here?

Like I said again. You didn't read at all. Just skipped to the question
Your answer is right on the first page, 2nd and 3rd comment
MY22 even. The process is the same for all. Activate it, you get ACC/PA and the button in IHU. Simple as that
https://ibb.co/NsqRXww