Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
MY23 XC40 Recharge Plus, successfully enabled ACC/PA today with these settings:

Code:
023 - Cruise Control - 04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level1
145 - Traffic Jam Assist - 05 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4
314 - Adapter Cruise Control Version - 03 ACC version 3

Without 314 ACC version 3 (another user had version 2 working for them I think) I simply couldn't turn on PA/ACC, plus regular old CC also stopped working.

(edit: had to set ACC to version 1 after updating to 3.0.3)
"Intelissafe Assist" was deleted today at accessories.volvocars.com
(04-13-2024, 10:09 PM)jollyeskimo Wrote: MY23 XC40 Recharge Plus, successfully enabled ACC/PA today with these settings:

Code:
023 - Cruise Control - 04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level1
145 - Traffic Jam Assist - 05 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4
314 - Adapter Cruise Control Version - 03 ACC version 3

Without 314 ACC version 3 (another user had version 2 working for them I think) I simply couldn't turn on PA/ACC, plus regular old CC also stopped working.

Hey if you see this can you email me at support? I will try to find an example, so I may not need the help. I was going through updating the "presets" to properly handle any changes for 2023/24 models, I have not found any cars previously that use anything but ACC Version 1. But it seems that the other values there might finally be used by Volvo. It want to look at some examples to map out the settings so the automatic evaluation by the preset can be correct!
Hi,

Strange thing for me. After reading this thread was looking at my car(xc40 2020 d3) BCM unit version and I have neither BCM or BCM2, only VDDM. Anyone know what is the diference between them? Also, I can not reset ABS config.
I have enabled ACC/PA and it is working as other users have reported and also lane assist change does the job, changin lanes on highway when PA is enabled and I signal for lane changing.
As far as I know, no one here make the 312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST work. 
It's intriguing to hear that it worked for you. Does it actually change the lane by itself according to turn signal direction when PA is active and engaged (green steering wheel)? 
If so, could you please share your current settings for below? 
023 CRUISE CONTROL
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST
150 LANE KEEPING AID
310 FRONT SIDE RADARS
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION
316 EMERGENCY LANE KEEPING AID
479 FRONT CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT
494 HIGHWAY ASSIST
Hi,

Yes, the lane will change by itself when overtaking slower moving vehicles whit PA engaged and the green steering wheel active.
When I activate the turn signal it will accelerate and change the lane if my set speed is higher than the vehicle in front of me.
It will not work if you want to change lanes when you are alone on the Highway Smile) and why would anyone do that?
Update: Just remembered that I have changed the Lane when I was not trying to overtake another car, I think I had level 2 at that time. Will try this again when will have the chance and report it here.
My transmission is automatic.
This are my settings:

023 CRUISE CONTROL - 09 Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level3 (was working also with the level2, did not had the chance to try it with level 1)
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 05 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4 
150 LANE KEEPING AID - 02 Lane Keeping Aid 
310 FRONT SIDE RADARS - 01 Without front side radars 
312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST - 03 Lane Change Assist level 2 
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION - 01 ACC version 1 
316 EMERGENCY LANE KEEPING AID - 04 eLKA level 3 
479 FRONT CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT - 01 Without Front Cross Traffic alert
494 HIGHWAY ASSIST - 01 Without highway assist

I also have enabled:

238 TOP DAMPING, BRAKES - 02 Friction brake actuator with top damping
Thank you, I will give it a try.
(05-07-2024, 08:49 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Thank you, I will give it a try.

You are welcome.
Let us know the outcome.
Btw. Some info on the feature that allows passing assistance.
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...516aa3f6af
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...516eb55d30
(05-08-2024, 03:01 PM)cor.vid.rec Wrote: Btw. Some info on the feature that allows passing assistance.
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...516aa3f6af
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...516eb55d30

Passing assitance worked for us as well and it was talked about (maybe not with this name) but this is not Lane Changing Assistance. It does not change the lane, just an overtake aid
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit