Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
(05-07-2024, 02:20 PM)cor.vid.rec Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:49 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Thank you, I will give it a try.

You are welcome.
Let us know the outcome.

Well, I tested it.  It does not change the lane by itself.  It's operating as described in below links but the "passing assistance" is actually working without 312 LANE CHANGE ASSIST enabled. 
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...516aa3f6af
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...516eb55d30

Are you sure it moves the car to left lane by itself? Maybe it's market related I am in US.
Yes. Passing assist is part of the Pilot assist.
I definitely know that it was changing lanes by itself on the highway as I showed my wife this feature and I had my hands off the steering wheel and the wheel on the dash was green. Funny things is that today I tried it again and when turning the signal on it deactivated the green wheel on the dash.(I have activated some more options since then, so will try to revert to the ones I used then)
Will do some more testing this days.
I am in EU btw.
(05-09-2024, 04:54 AM)cor.vid.rec Wrote: Yes. Passing assist is part of the Pilot assist.
I definitely know that it was changing lanes by itself on the highway as I showed my wife this feature and I had my hands off the steering wheel and the wheel on the dash was green. Funny things is that today I tried it again and when turning the signal on it deactivated the green wheel on the dash.(I have activated some more options since then, so will try to revert to the ones I used then)
Will do some more testing this days.
I am in EU btw.
I'm very interested to see what settings you're using. I have a 2021 Polestar 2 Launch Edition, and it would be great to enable the car to lane-change automatically while using Pilot Assist (if possible).

Please update us on your settings, I'd love to try to get this working in my car!
cor.vid.rec provided his settings on page 20.
What I *suspect* is happening is that when passing assist is activated when you turn on the turn signals, multiple things are happening.

The car is accelerating towards the car in front of it in preparation for passing.

Lane keeping assist appears to be disabled (so the car doesn’t push back against you or alarm when changing lanes). This occurs whenever you turn on the turn signals, it’s not part of passing assist.

But the combination means that when you engage passing assist by turning on the tie signals while you are in pilot assist mode, the car can drift out of its lane. Once it’s over in the next lane and you disengage the turn signal, pilot assist reasserts itself and starts holding lane position.

A true active lane change assist is much more complex. It has to be able to scan the lane next to you, check for an opening, check to make sure there isn’t traffic about to overtake you, and then autonomously initiate the lane change when it has an opening, make the change, then shut off the turn signal on its own once the change is complete.

I do not think Volvo has that capability in the current generation of pilot assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct and as far as I know VOLVO does not have that feature! I've seen it on Cadillac   In addition, volvo curve assist does not work in US. It uses navigation maps to do that but it seems US maps does not include that! This is true for Sensus internal navigation but not sure if it works with google maps version.