Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can s90 seats be fitted to S60
Seats are lovely!

However you need to adjust your guide as some of us with ultra low standard  seats need CAN cable connected.
Also my new seats did not have  SEAT TRACK SENSORS  , activating this gave me loads of faults on SRS and mirror memory and stuff. Turning it off gave no codes and full function everywhere Smile
V60 2020 
imay2023. did not work. could it be that its built 2017-04?
You need to be more specific what exactly did not work.
(03-24-2024, 08:46 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: You need to be more specific what exactly did not work.

sorry, i i meant that i still wasn't able to get the graphic to work for seat extention in the ihu for the passenger seat after following your recommended steps.

the seat extension still works but when selecting it there is no image or text in the ihu.

for driver side every thing works fine with the graphic.
When I changed my seats for the firs time before any configuration, everything worked without displaying on IHU.  

The other possibility is, since your car did not have electrical passenger seat before, your IHU could be missing the software for passenger side but it is strange not to have only the cushion extender while everything else are showing up. Do you have any DTCs? 
If it indeed works and it's just IHU is not showing it and you are not seeing any DTCs, I think it's a config issue. Something is not registered in the IHU for the passenger side.  Or, your used seat's modules have different software versions.  I think it would be good to compare the sw versions. You can do it from ECU tools for each side. 

One more important thing, what is the setting for side support?  
243. POWER ADJUSTABLE SIDE SUPPORT 
My both front seats, do not have side support on cushions, they only have it on the backrest but If I put the setting "Power adjustable side support backrest, driver & passenger" accordingly,  it stops working and I see DTCs. 

My current setting is "Power adjustable side support"  and everything works without any DTCs.
(03-26-2024, 09:59 PM)Pliind Wrote: For anybody wondering what the hell this connector does.
It's used when the car is powerless and you need to move the seat forward/back. So no features for daily use Smile 

Also i know @power6 was messing with the rear foot lights in a post here or Swedespeed. If i have lights that came originally with my chairs all wired up, do i still have to pull wires from front foot wells or can i activate these lights somehow?
V60 2020 
imay2023.  243. POWER ADJUSTABLE SIDE SUPPORT is set to - Power adjustable side support. i have no DTCs for the seats. both seats came from a volvo s90 2023 that volvo them self had owned, only 25000 km. the car was fully equiped if that has anything to offer information wiseSmile

it must be some config thats is wrong, i can't think it would be a softwer isue due to the driver seat graphic is as it shuld. is there any other setting that could interfere with this.

what i have change when adding the new seats

179 FRONT SEAT VENTILATION Enabled driver and passenger
180 HEATED FRONT SEATS Enabled 
239 MASSAGE FRONT SEAT Enabled 
240 LUMBAR SUPPORT 4 ways 
241 CUSHION EXTENSION Enabled driver and passenger 
243 POWER ADJUSTABLE SIDE SUPPORT 
462 HEATING MAT VARIANTS Enabled Cushion and backrest
i have also  244 set to 2 (remote controll of passenger seat)
(03-27-2024, 01:26 PM)Pliind Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 09:59 PM)Pliind Wrote: For anybody wondering what the hell this connector does.
It's used when the car is powerless and you need to move the seat forward/back. So no features for daily use Smile 

Also i know @power6 was messing with the rear foot lights in a post here or Swedespeed. If i have lights that came originally with my chairs all wired up, do i still have to pull wires from front foot wells or can i activate these lights somehow?

Well, I cannot tell. I have 2019 S60 with high level lights but did not have any lights on the rear seats. The 2018 S90 rear seats I got, have trim lights in the middle (sides of the arm rest when it's fold down).  According to wiring diagram, it gets the positive from the rear right door ambient lights controlled by the door module. I said what the hack and wired it to the  ambient light under the glove box instead and it works perfectly.  It's just one positive wire on pin2 (instead of the headrest fold).  I don't know what model and year you have but according to my experience with Volvo so far, nothing is prewired completely with some exceptions like alarm sensor, alarm siren. Depending on the year and model, even the freaking rear seat climate control is not prewired completely or the shifting paddles. (you have the wires in the center console but there is no wiring from the center console harness connector to SWN, IHU or FUSE BOX for example).   That's why I cannot tell if your seats are wired already or not. They might have it on seat side but on the next harness you might not have.

(03-27-2024, 05:30 PM)Eilert Wrote: imay2023.  243. POWER ADJUSTABLE SIDE SUPPORT is set to - Power adjustable side support. i have no DTCs for the seats. both seats came from a volvo s90 2023 that volvo them self had owned, only 25000 km. the car was fully equiped if that has anything to offer information wiseSmile

it must be some config thats is wrong, i can't think it would be a softwer isue due to the driver seat graphic is as it shuld. is there any other setting that could interfere with this.

what i have change when adding the new seats

179 FRONT SEAT VENTILATION Enabled driver and passenger
180 HEATED FRONT SEATS Enabled 
239 MASSAGE FRONT SEAT Enabled 
240 LUMBAR SUPPORT 4 ways 
241 CUSHION EXTENSION Enabled driver and passenger 
243 POWER ADJUSTABLE SIDE SUPPORT 
462 HEATING MAT VARIANTS Enabled Cushion and backrest
i have also  244 set to 2 (remote controll of passenger seat)
I have the same exact config. Try this. 
 1)  241 CUSHION EXTENSION  > Disable this for both sides. 
 2)  After config is done, from the ECU tools do hard reset to ECUs ( IHU, L&R seat controllers). 
3) Disconnect and lock the car for 10 to 15 minutes at least. 
4) Go back reconfigure  " 241 CUSHION EXTENSION Enabled driver and passenger " 
5) After config is done, from the ECU tools do hard reset to ECUs ( IHU, L&R seat controllers). 
6)  Disconnect and lock the car for 10 to 15 minutes at least. 

Hope this helps. 
Just wanted to add two things. If both chairs are electric you can control the passenger seat. How this is done is that you press the new button that appears in your shortcut cluster and then you use your driver chair buttons to control the passenger chair, i did not understand this until i read the manual :p

Other setting of interest is easy ingress. Your driver chair can automatically retract when you get out of the car and will go back to saved profile when starting car.

Might help somebody else Smile
V60 2020 
Regarding the "easy ingress" > After enabling it from the menu, user profile is needed to be resaved. Once the profile saved and locked, it also saves and locks all the settings in the sensus.  Meaning that if the "easy ingress." is enabled but the profile is not saved afterwards before the ignition is turned off and getting out the car, it won't work!