Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can s90 seats be fitted to S60
Awsome, thanks for the information.

From what I can tell, it does seem like all the SPA Volvos share the same part number for seat frames, cushions and leather seat covers, so I think it's safe to say that the front seats are interchangeable between all SPA cars. That would make the searching a lot easier.
Just make sure that AirBag inside the seat is not blown or removed (replaced by a resistor)!
if its not electrical adjusted seats i think canbus will be missing on på 29-30 aswell.

imay2023

i have gotten everythin to work but in sensus im mising the graphical image about the electric "Seat extender" or as we call it i Swedish dynförlängning.

cem config is set to implement both seats. but i might have missed somting. do you have any ide

se image here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEklZga...sp=sharing
So i just mounted my S60 electric chairs to my V60 momentum (manual chairs with heat) Only heat works in the new chair, cannot control the chair at all. I noticed that i have a connector in the chair that i have no equivilant to in the car. 

Does anybody know where and what this goes to? colors are green/yellow and green/violet(purple)

Also im reading up on all threads about this. Maybe i don't have it as i dont have massage seats but as chair will not move at all i'm looking at all resorts.

EDIT: I'm a master editor at this point. I found this image in another thread.

https://forums.spaycetech.com/attachment.php?aid=161

I have the same "new" but missing pin 15. So my seats do not need power i guess?
My original drivers seat only has 32, 16, 22 and 23.

So basicly
32: heating
16: power?
22: seatbelt reminder
23: seatbelt reminder

So I'm missing 30 and 29. I guess i'll have to go dive after purple/white, purple/green intertwined connector (are all this color and feature CAN?)

And keep reading about the airbags. If i have wrong airbags (from the seats original car), would that be a stopper to not being able to control seat? so a swap should do it?
V60 2020 
(03-21-2024, 10:24 AM)Eilert Wrote: if its not electrical adjusted seats i think canbus will be missing on på 29-30 aswell.

imay2023

i have gotten everythin to work but in sensus im mising the graphical image about the electric "Seat extender" or as we call it i Swedish dynförlängning.

cem config is set to implement both seats. but i might have missed somting. do you have any ide

Check if the seat actually has a motor to extend on passenger side, I heard some seats came with manual extension. 
Check the config setting 241. CUSHION EXTENSION >  With Cushion Extension, Driver & Passenger

If it's already set "With Cushion Extension, Driver & Passenger",  reset the passenger side seat controller and the IHU from the ECU tools tab. 
If still does not help, put the setting back to without or only on driver side.  Lock the car, wait about 10 minutes. Then reconfigure to both seats, lock the car about 10 minutes and then check if it works. 

When I first enabled the massage seats. the option was on the screen but did not work. I locked the car, came back about 15 minutes or so. Started the car, massage seats started to work.

(03-21-2024, 06:54 PM)Pliind Wrote: So i just mounted my S60 electric chairs to my V60 momentum (manual chairs with heat) Only heat works in the new chair, cannot control the chair at all. I noticed that i have a connector in the chair that i have no equivilant to in the car. 

Does anybody know where and what this goes to? colors are green/yellow and green/violet(purple)

Also im reading up on all threads about this. Maybe i don't have it as i dont have massage seats but as chair will not move at all i'm looking at all resorts.

I have the same "new" but missing pin 15. So my seats do not need power i guess?

So basicly

So I'm missing 30 and 29. I guess i'll have to go dive after purple/white, purple/green intertwined connector (are all this color and feature CAN?)

And keep reading about the airbags. If i have wrong airbags (from the seats original car), would that be a stopper to not being able to control seat? so a swap should do it?
On the connector of the car harness coming from floor.  
PIN 32 is the LIN communication of the seat heater module. 
PIN 16 is the Power (battery saver) (BU\GN) for both seats (PSMD & PSMP & Power seat switches) shares the same fuse  CF24 (B7- on the fuse connector harness)! 
PIN 30 and 29 are the body CAN.  You can connect them to the CAN wires of the door modules. 

I enclosed the full wiring diagram.  The seat connector number is "94/505"  driver side and "94/506" passenger side. 

Airbags on the seats has nothing to do with controlling the seats but there is seat position tracker sensor  which is used by the SRS (Airbag system). It is located on the side of the rail.  
127. SEAT TRACK SENSORS 
I don't know if manual seats have it or not. You'll need to enable that if your original do not have it. 

As long as your new seats have their airbags intact and not altered in any way, you should not have problems. 
If you buy a cheap seat because it has a blown airbag, you will need to take out your original airbag and the controller from the original seat and replace them on the new seat but I cannot say "it would work for certain"  You will be taking a chance here.

Attached Files
.zip   MC-10236766-9999.zip (Size: 4.14 MB / Downloads: 4)
(03-22-2024, 12:04 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 10:24 AM)Eilert Wrote: if its not electrical adjusted seats i think canbus will be missing on på 29-30 aswell.

imay2023

Check if the seat actually has a motor to extend on passenger side, I heard some seats came with manual extension. 
Check the config setting 241. CUSHION EXTENSION >  With Cushion Extension, Driver & Passenger

If it's already set "With Cushion Extension, Driver & Passenger",  reset the passenger side seat controller and the IHU from the ECU tools tab. 
If still does not help, put the setting back to without or only on driver side.  Lock the car, wait about 10 minutes. Then reconfigure to both seats, lock the car about 10 minutes and then check if it works. 

When I first enabled the massage seats. the option was on the screen but did not work. I locked the car, came back about 15 minutes or so. Started the car, massage seats started to work.

(03-21-2024, 06:54 PM)Pliind Wrote: So i just mounted my S60 electric chairs to my V60 momentum (manual chairs with heat) Only heat works in the new chair, cannot control the chair at all. I noticed that i have a connector in the chair that i have no equivilant to in the car. 

So basicly

On the connector of the car harness coming from floor.  
PIN 32 is the LIN communication of the seat heater module. 
PIN 16 is the Power (battery saver) (BU\GN) for both seats (PSMD & PSMP & Power seat switches) shares the same fuse  CF24 (B7- on the fuse connector harness)! 
PIN 30 and 29 are the body CAN.  You can connect them to the CAN wires of the door modules. 

I enclosed the full wiring diagram.  The seat connector number is "94/505"  driver side and "94/506" passenger side. 

Airbags on the seats has nothing to do with controlling the seats but there is seat position tracker sensor  which is used by the SRS (Airbag system). It is located on the side of the rail.  
127. SEAT TRACK SENSORS 
I don't know if manual seats have it or not. You'll need to enable that if your original do not have it. 

As long as your new seats have their airbags intact and not altered in any way, you should not have problems. 
If you buy a cheap seat because it has a blown airbag, you will need to take out your original airbag and the controller from the original seat and replace them on the new seat but I cannot say "it would work for certain"  You will be taking a chance here.
Is the seat track sensor something that needs its own connector or does it talk to seat module?

Also when connecting to front door CAN, what wouls be the best method? Cutting and solderingnor do you have a better solution? Also i am missing these connectors in my harness so just i just connect to chairs wiring? 

I have two rear door harnesses that can be donor pins if any connector has the same size.
V60 2020 
Is the seat track sensor something that needs its own connector or does it talk to seat module?  >> No, Seat tracker sensor goes directly to SUPPLEMENTARY RESTRAINT SYSTEM SRS via PINs 13 and 14 of the seat's connector on the floor.  

Also when connecting to front door CAN, what wouls be the best method? Cutting and solderingnor do you have a better solution? Also i am missing these connectors in my harness so just i just connect to chairs wiring?   >>>  I looked for the repair terminal part number for the seat's black housing online but could not find it.  I could visit the dealer and ask for the part number but visiting the dealer here is just wasting hours even for asking a part number.  I Would prefer the original repair terminal but I added up using the dark blue in this set for the power wire of the massage seats on PIN 15.   The set include the wire tabs too or you can use soldering too. It's up to you.  

I have two rear door harnesses that can be donor pins if any connector has the same size.  >> You don't need to go to the door module from the seat, you can tab the wires inside the car. Just make sure the wires you are using are twisted and at the end of it where you tab, put electrical type around to avoid releasing the twist.  If you are referring to pins for seat connector, don't bother I checked. None of them fits. It's a pain in the bud connector.  
(03-22-2024, 07:27 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Is the seat track sensor something that needs its own connector or does it talk to seat module?  >> No, Seat tracker sensor goes directly to SUPPLEMENTARY RESTRAINT SYSTEM SRS via PINs 13 and 14 of the seat's connector on the floor.  

Also when connecting to front door CAN, what wouls be the best method? Cutting and solderingnor do you have a better solution? Also i am missing these connectors in my harness so just i just connect to chairs wiring?   >>>  I looked for the repair terminal part number for the seat's black housing online but could not find it.  I could visit the dealer and ask for the part number but visiting the dealer here is just wasting hours even for asking a part number.  I Would prefer the original repair terminal but I added up using the dark blue in this set for the power wire of the massage seats on PIN 15.   The set include the wire tabs too or you can use soldering too. It's up to you.  

I have two rear door harnesses that can be donor pins if any connector has the same size.  >> You don't need to go to the door module from the seat, you can tab the wires inside the car. Just make sure the wires you are using are twisted and at the end of it where you tab, put electrical type around to avoid releasing the twist.  If you are referring to pins for seat connector, don't bother I checked. None of them fits. It's a pain in the bud connector.  

Thank you so much for your answers, i think I'm ready to do some snipping and some soldering. So when i connect CAN and activate seat tracker my seats should come alive! Exciting! right now my drivers seat is in maximum rear and maximum back position, feel like a child driving Big Grin (only driven short short way from appartment to my parkingspot.)
V60 2020 
Tapping to CAN worked!!!!

However as Eilert has, i cannot control my lower thigh thing, i will however try to code in the cushion extension(forgot to do that)
V60 2020 
Happy to hear. 
My daughter loves the new massage seats and the memory buttons :-) 
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do after all this work and time