Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit Subwoofer on High Performance w/o Subwoofer
(02-08-2024, 12:25 AM)Dougray Wrote: I've been a bit confused about the stereo configurations. It seems like there are four levels based on the config options:
Performance audio
High performance audio
Whatever the HK one was called
Whatever the B&W one was called
Mine has high performance audio. So is this not the bottom end specification, one up from the bottom as it were. Not sure if it has a sub - don't think so. So I could in principle retrofit a Volvo sub to my amp, even though it's not an HK system?

Performance Audio > no AMP direct output from IHU (4 channels only) 
High Performance Audio > with basic AMP (AUD) under passenger seat .   This one two variants with / without SUB but  without rear bench or roof speakers.  Some variants don't even have MID range on front doors and rear doors (90 series).    
High Performance Plus Audio > HK system.   Includes roof / rear bench, MID range on the front doors (90 series has MID range on rear doors too)   
Premium sound audio  > B&W > Same as HK + tweeter on the center dash and tweeter on the roof speakers or rear bench for 90 series. 

On My S60 I used B&W AUD came from s90. I added MID range on the rear doors (had to add wire from AUD to door for MID + high channels)  and also upgraded the rear bench speakers with tweeter.  

For those who upgraded to B&W speakers but kept the original trim panel on the front door. 
There is fabric on speaker grill. I removed it. Now I can see the B&W speakers just like B&W silver grill. Not only that but the sound just got better and cleaner.
(02-08-2024, 07:12 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: On My S60 I used B&W AUD came from s90. I added MID range on the rear doors (had to add wire from AUD to door for MID + high channels)  and also upgraded the rear bench speakers with tweeter.  
Where did you mount those MID speakers? Is there room for it?
(02-08-2024, 02:49 PM)Sodertalje Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 07:12 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: On My S60 I used B&W AUD came from s90. I added MID range on the rear doors (had to add wire from AUD to door for MID + high channels)  and also upgraded the rear bench speakers with tweeter.  
Where did you mount those MID speakers? Is there room for it?

I wanted to mount them from inside but could not find any room. 
So, I build small boxes just to cover the speaker(s) and placed them in the storage are on the rear doors right next to woofer. 
The wiring; 
I tabbed the wire to the tweeter, pulled it down inside the door trim panel, made a tiny whole underside of the storage area where no one can see anyway.  
It's better this way, less place for the kids to put trash :-)
(02-07-2024, 03:24 PM)Megailo Wrote: Hello, I am going to make this change also I found a Volvo box for $220.
On the Harman Kardon or B&W Option, are they the same subwoofers?

Last question, can you hear the subwoofer well?

What part number does your high performance amplifier have? Can you unlock subwoofer channel on a MY2020 also? Shouldn’t be any difference, no?
If you have an high performance amp (AUD)  under the passenger seat, regardless of the part number you can enable the SUB from Orbit but you need to wire it yourself.
For those with a XC60, I have a spare Bowers and Wilkins sub woofer for sale.
I found cheap sub. So gonna do retrofit. But where did u find the grayish connecyot? U know its name? Or maybe part no

Thanks

Wysłane z mojego SM-F946B przy użyciu Tapatalka
(04-09-2024, 12:06 AM)dominik.alam Wrote: I found cheap sub. So gonna do retrofit. But where did u find the grayish connecyot? U know its name? Or maybe part no

Thanks

Found it on AliExpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyeMW0X

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
This might help;

Volvo subwoofer wiring

Repair Terminal
Part Number: 30656645 X2

Receptacle Housing
Part Number: 30669165 X1

Flange screw
Part Number: 999232 X2

Repair terminal
Part Number: 30656639 X2
(04-09-2024, 06:37 PM)Duffy Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 12:06 AM)dominik.alam Wrote: I found cheap sub. So gonna do retrofit. But where did u find the grayish connecyot? U know its name? Or maybe part no

Thanks

Found it on AliExpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyeMW0X

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
You can also buy one of the below. 
This one, you just need to take out the pins and connect them to yours. (The extra output is from the center speaker pins) 
This one is just the speaker side.  If you don't want to deal with clipping the pins. Sometimes they can be pain in the rear end without the proper clipper tool.