Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit Subwoofer on High Performance w/o Subwoofer
Hi at all,

I’ve got a V90 MY 2019 with high performance audio but without Subwoofer. Do you know if the amplifier is the same as in high performance with Subwoofer? Just add the Cable and subwoofer?

Thank you

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(02-06-2024, 08:08 PM)Duffy Wrote: Hi at all,

I’ve got a V90 MY 2019 with high performance audio but without Subwoofer. Do you know if the amplifier is the same as in high performance with Subwoofer? Just add the Cable and subwoofer?

Thank you

Just go ahead and try. 
Enable the SUB from Orbit. 
Then take two wires put them into pin holes while the connector is plugged in to amp and at the other end of the wires, connect a speaker, headphone whatever you have.  If you hear something, than your amp can output SUB. 
You can also use ohm meter to test. Put it into DC 2 volts measure and see if you get any voltage. 
The pins are 7  and 15. (first green connector on the right. ) 

If you don't have a center speaker on the dash, 
It's the second pin from right.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-07-2024, 04:04 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

Thank you

Just go ahead and try. 
Then take two wires put them into pin holes while the connector is plugged in to amp and at the other end of the wires, connect a speaker, headphone whatever you have.  If you hear something, than your amp can output SUB. 
You can also use ohm meter to test. Put it into DC 2 volts measure and see if you get any voltage. 

Thank you, I will try it.

(02-07-2024, 08:38 AM)Duffy Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 04:04 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

Thank you

Just go ahead and try. 

Thank you, I will try it.

No, it doesn’t anything :-( pity

Try again today... 

Check my thread on Swedespeed too Smile  

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/xc90-...8/#replies
(02-07-2024, 10:36 AM)x119 Wrote: Try again today... 

Check my thread on Swedespeed too Smile  

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/xc90-...8/#replies

Hi, You're right, I think I was too impatient.
I tried it again, locked the car after activating it with Orbit and waited a few minutes. Then it works. Thank you very much

Hello, I am going to make this change also I found a Volvo box for $220.
On the Harman Kardon or B&W Option, are they the same subwoofers?

Last question, can you hear the subwoofer well?
so! I upgraded the subwoofer and I have to say, you can hear it clearly.
It's good that "x119" said that I should try it again.

I just change
210 SUBWOOFER to 02 SUBWOF[Image: ead15080460725f06934a4b4e8889dab.jpg]

(02-07-2024, 03:24 PM)Megailo Wrote: Hello, I am going to make this change also I found a Volvo box for $220.
On the Harman Kardon or B&W Option, are they the same subwoofers?

Last question, can you hear the subwoofer well?

Well. it depends on the model. 
First of all fittings are different between the models and the location (right or left) . However, some people here made it fit by drilling new wholes or bending the sub's frame. 
Second, S90 B&W subwoofer is 8 ohm but HK SUB on s60 is 4 ohm. I don't know what is the impedance of s90 HK SUB.  So, here you need to be careful. 
If you use B&W AUD from s90 which has 8ohm minimum output, you must increase the impedance of the SUB if your SUB is 4 ohm by putting 4 ohm high power (50W) resistor on the + wire. Otherwise, you can burn the output channel of the minimum 8ohm B&W AUD.
I've been a bit confused about the stereo configurations. It seems like there are four levels based on the config options:
Performance audio
High performance audio
Whatever the HK one was called
Whatever the B&W one was called
Mine has high performance audio. So is this not the bottom end specification, one up from the bottom as it were. Not sure if it has a sub - don't think so. So I could in principle retrofit a Volvo sub to my amp, even though it's not an HK system?
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory