Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar mode
(02-27-2023, 06:38 PM)andyliwei Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 02:41 AM)BeachBoy Wrote: Hey, for the ones WITHOUT Polestar, what is your setting at 

015 TURBO CONFIGURATION

I am "02 High performance" but I am not sure if that is pre or post Polestar

Also, there is an option called 049 PERFORMANCE MODE

Mine is without even with Polestar, not sure what that is!

may I know what's your car model? my car is v60 t5 awd 2020, 015 turbo configuration is "01 Medium performance", don't know should I change it to 02 High performance to become t6? Smile
Mine is a T6 2018 with polestar

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(02-27-2023, 09:53 PM)BeachBoy Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 02:41 AM)BeachBoy Wrote: Hey, for the ones WITHOUT Polestar, what is your setting at 

015 TURBO CONFIGURATION

may I know what's your car model? my car is v60 t5 awd 2020, 015 turbo configuration is "01 Medium performance", don't know should I change it to 02 High performance to become t6? Smile

ok, so high performance is for T6 which is supercharger + turbo charger
med performance is for T5 which is turbo charger only I believe 
but when T5 change to high performance what will be getting i’m not sure
Any idea what the difference is between:
"With Polestar"
"Polestar Engineered Edition"
"Polestar Engineered Car"
"Polestar Car"
XC90 D4, FWD
(03-12-2023, 02:44 PM)muntes Wrote: Any idea what the difference is between:
"With Polestar"
"Polestar Engineered Edition"
"Polestar Engineered Car"
"Polestar Car"

From the look of it

One is the software tune
One the old polestar P3
One the Polestar V60/S60/XC60 current
One the EV Polestar brand

Probably in that order

So as a T8 owner I’m aware there is no “Polestar” map as such for my engine. Just a gearbox map, so I presume enabling “with polestar” is going to be the same as rocking up to the dealer and paying £600+ as there is no ECU tune involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-28-2023, 01:05 AM)andyliwei Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 09:53 PM)BeachBoy Wrote:

015 TURBO CONFIGURATION

ok, so high performance is for T6 which is supercharger + turbo charger
med performance is for T5 which is turbo charger only I believe 
but when T5 change to high performance what will be getting i’m not sure

Likely would ramp the boost up and find a bunch of faults for the missing components like the supercharger clutch.

Also, the T5 has a completely different head than the T6... Fewer cooling jackets means more chances to over heat something when running bigger boost. I've been leery of messing with that setting but I have a T6 anyway.
Changed a few days ago to Polestar mode using OrBit, and transmission works great. Before the change if I would press the accelerator pedal to the floor then the revs would go from 1.5k->4k or so, with Polestar looks like they keep the engine in the highest torque range more precisely and revs go from 1.75k to 2.75k or so and then it quickly changes to the next shift. Idle run is still the same around 0.8k. Suspension goes lower a few cm and becomes firm. For 2.0 diesel it is probably the max power (173kw) you can get out of such engine anyway, so I don’t expect the official Polstar mode from the dealer to add anything to it. Happy to have this upgrade.

XC90 2023 early B5 (D) mild hybrid
I am considering giving this a try...Already got the cable!

Can anyone confirm what the correct polestar option would be for a 22.5 XC60 T8 Extended Range with air ride?

would like to be certain about making the change before I do it!

Any other T8 ER options that need to be adjusted to closely replicate the polestar flash would be greatly appreciated as well!
I applied it to my 2018 XC60 T5, makes a world of difference I actually enjoy driving my car again!  Transmission shifts are much smoother, no more herky jerky downshifts coming out of turns.
(03-25-2023, 04:04 AM)Robogar Wrote: I applied it to my 2018 XC60 T5, makes a world of difference I actually enjoy driving my car again!  Transmission shifts are much smoother, no more herky jerky downshifts coming out of turns.

So, could you specify, what mode exactly You have now? Thanks.