Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading DTC error codes
Yes, the service experience with VIDA is pretty good, Volvo does make the car and has access to all the info of course ;-) It's a little more difficult for us. There is no metadata at all in the car, it's just raw data bits, interpretation is done completely outside of the car. Integration with functional tests and TJs. it's the sort of stuff the factory tool can do well. OrBit can't likely ever match VIDA, I don't have the advantage of being on th inside, I have to reverse engineer it. I can't republish copyrighted Technical Journals for example. Not being a naysayer just giving an idea of the reality of making an unofficial tool.  

But I can certainly do better, at a far better price and availability than VIDA. It's time for an upgrade of DTCs. I think I have figured out the way time stamping is done. I'm looking at all that is available to make the DTC experience more useful.
(12-29-2023, 02:33 PM)spacey Wrote: Hi everyone,

recently got Orbit to read out DTCs on the V90 CC (MY 22, 35.000 miles) I purchased two months ago:

CEM:
U1341 - Overhead Console (OHC)- Component Failures- Component internal failure
B1507 - Passenger Airbag Lamps Status- - General electrical failure
B1505 - Heating Steering Wheel- General Electrical Failures- Circuit short to battery or open

SRS:
B00135 - Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator- Algorithm Based Failures- Event information

Reading DTCs with Vdash shows the same DTCs above and five other ones105E. For reference the previous owner had an issue with the fuse box on the battery which was replaced and the car was at regular service two weeks ago with no issues. The steering wheel heating seems to run fine despite the two error codes (B150515, B150511).

I don't have experience with DTCs so was wondering what do. Should I take the car to the dealer again to have the codes investigated and / or cleared?

I also get the B1505 code constantly even after resetting via VDASH.  The heat seems to work fine though. I also sometimes get CEM-U122900 and CEM-U110400 as well. Wondering if my CEM is a bit wonky or there's some bad wiring somewhere. VDASH also seems to occasionally funk everything up for me too with random DTCs and I agree it does NOT play nice on module disconnection. Kinda janky software imho... in my other car (2006 s60) it randomly wiped out my DIM entirely for two drive cycles.  Sick

2017 XC90 T8 Excellence here btw. One of only 8 in this trim in the US for this MY. Absolute money pig.