Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to buy used key fobs - SPA/CMA key fob and config guide
(01-24-2024, 09:52 PM)Dougray Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 09:31 PM)Dougray Wrote: I don't think that is the exact one I ordered. I have ordered this one: 
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGPmWpB
They look pretty much the same. I asked the seller and they did confirm it is a replica, not an original HUF hey, despite the markings and packaging shown in some images. Will update when it arrives to confirm if it works correctly. My only concern is that, as a cheap replica, the battery may be inferior. I also have no way to know if it is genuinely the motion sensing version, even though the seller claims it is.

Just a follow up. The Ali express sport fob I purchased arrived, it looks good cosmetically, but just returns "key not detected" when attempting to pair it to the car in orbit over numerous attempts, and on one attempt, returned a status: "program error". It was placed in the cup holder, the other fobs were out of range and I have paired a genuine key with Orbit previously, so I suspect the fob is a dud. It wasn't very expensive, so no big deal, but I wouldn't recommend going down this route when a used genuine key can often be bought for ~£25.
Similar story here, the difference is i can program the sport key (Ali Express) and i can start the engine if only i place the newly programmed sport key in the cup holder , but unable to lock/unlock the car with the key, so it is useless for me. I guess the battery is not completely dead but almost there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to buy used key fobs - SPA/CMA key fob and config guide - by d-cngz - 01-25-2024, 11:16 AM