Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive Mode and Steering Personalization without Switch
(09-24-2023, 10:46 AM)jontyb Wrote: Hi

Have managed to Change a few things quite successfully.  2016 Car, with single Hub and Android Auto works fine - also have a £30 Wireless adapter from Amazon - so have wireless Android auto as well! ( Wireless Android Auto) - this was a very easy one to set up - ie just pair it.

However I don't have the Drive Mode physical switch and want to enable it, but am struggling.

I have the Drive mode (and steering) in personalisation now, but have lost the Eco Mode and Hill Decent Control, but dont have the button for drive mode on the screen.

I have followed all the steps for 057/452/337 and tried different options.

Oddest part was, after one of the flashes I was in the personalisation and the drive modes just popped up - then went.

Any clues any one?

thanks

(02-08-2023, 10:21 AM)marinalin85 Wrote: Hi guys

So, if you want Drive Modes without the switch just do the following

057 - 03 - With drive mode glass button switch in CSD

And for the steering feel personalization

016 - 02 - Electro Power Steering Personalization

Leave the IHU to rest for 5-10 minutes then "take it out of the oven" Wink)
Now you'll get the button in Sensus and the Individual Mode. Still good than nothing
https://ibb.co/t3HKLrN
https://ibb.co/SmhWwjg

Hi

Having trouble with this - have put a post on.  When you say leave the IHU to rest - what state do you do this in - Orbit disconnected and system off?

Thanks
Hi
The whole car needs to go into stand-by by locking it (of course dissconect everything) for 10 minutes
Another user above you with an XC90 couldn't get this to work so I do think XC90 and S/V90 uses the same principle and might not work.
First time for me alao didn't work even after 10 minutes stand-by, ECO was gone, Individual profile appear but no Drive Mode button in IHU. I reverted everything and them tried again but this time it worked
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
Hi

It definitely is odd.

So if I set:

057 With Glass button 
337 No Lin
452 No Drive Mode knob/switch

then I lose ECO and HDC and dont get the personalisation

If  I set 

057 With Drive mode 
337 No Lin

Then I still lose ECO and HDC, but get the Individual modes

BUT.  twice I have had the Drive mode selection randomly pop up, when in the individual settings, long enough to select individual, but then it is gone.

Thinking I will get the physical button and live with the pain of getting it installed.

Unless anyone with and XC90 Sensus has an orb file with the settings

Smile

(03-14-2023, 08:22 PM)apollodome Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 09:59 AM)muntes Wrote: Is anyone with an XC90 who activated this without having the hardware button?

I didn't activate this feature, but I have an XC90 with the individual profile and Polestar optimization as part of the original spec configuration. No hardware button here either. Let me know if you want me to pull any of my config options and their respective values to compare.

Hi

If you did have the settings or an orb file to look at that would be great - in this thread I have spoken about the drive modes randomly popping up after flashing, but no button.  Which sort of implies it should work.

I did wonder if it is the button position - ie is there something else in the way.  I have aligned all my buttons, but dont know where this one would appear by default

thanks
(10-04-2023, 05:14 PM)jontyb Wrote: Hi

It definitely is odd.

So if I set:

057 With Glass button 
337 No Lin

If  I set 

057 With Drive mode 
337 No Lin

BUT.  twice I have had the Drive mode selection randomly pop up, when in the individual settings, long enough to select individual, but then it is gone.

Thinking I will get the physical button and live with the pain of getting it installed.

Smile

(03-14-2023, 09:59 AM)muntes Wrote: Is anyone with an XC90 who activated this without having the hardware button?

I didn't activate this feature, but I have an XC90 with the individual profile and Polestar optimization as part of the original spec configuration. No hardware button here either. Let me know if you want me to pull any of my config options and their respective values to compare.

Hi

If you did have the settings or an orb file to look at that would be great - in this thread I have spoken about the drive modes randomly popping up after flashing, but no button.  Which sort of implies it should work.

I did wonder if it is the button position - ie is there something else in the way.  I have aligned all my buttons, but dont know where this one would appear by default

thanks

Hi

Ok so, the Drive Mode switch on an XC90 - as opposed to a V/s90.

I tried every option but could not get the button to show on the screen.

It does enable the settings in the profile - ECO/Dynamic etc, but they do nothing as  the "individual" mode needs to be selected.

In the end I gave up and bought a Start/Stop with the knob.

It took two attempts to fit - gave up the first one after hours.  It is different to a V90 as the centre console is taller and there are some air ducts underneath.

I meant to take photos, but....

1. All Side panels off - the upper rear have screws front and back - you need to detach the rear section with the cigarette lighter to get at those
  2. rear Air vents off - and (if rear a/c) then the control panel
  3. there are screws underneath
  4. four bolts - two at the back and two at the front that hold the alloy chassis in place
  5. front section with the volume knob - pops out - disconnect
  6. Two screws either side of the main to part just under the volume knob section
  7. screws, screws, screws.  underneath the trim there are loads - you can either do this from underneath - which is not that bad or wait until you have turned it over.  When these screws are out you can, almost, remove the top trim.
  8. You need to remove the centre storage cover - pop off the trim and 4 screws - nice touch it has clips to keep in in place.
  9. there are 3 screws at the front - one on the 'cushioned' trim and two either side - this is under the volume section.
  10. there is one connector in the space behind the Volume section - this i pulled with no issue
  11. There are some clips towards the rear - then the whole section comes off
  12. Now you will see 5 screws that hold the trim with the drive mode button - at this point you could almost be done if they just had two clips instead of screws - but these must be accessed from below. 
  13. Gear linkage off - this is easier than you think - the yellow connector pops off, then, when you have detached the whole thing it slides out
  14. You DONT have to disconnect the two electrical connectors at the front - just pop them off you mounts - this is handy as i was thinking of having to disconnect the battery which would then make it really awkward as the seats need to be moved a lot!
  15. Now you need to get the drivers seat as low and far back as possible and completely flatten it.  Put something on the seat to protect it
  16. You now will be able to lift up the whole console and be able to rest it sort of sideways on with the underneath facing tghe passenger side (move this seat as far back as possible - making sure not to crush all the bits of trim in the process)
  17. There is a black air duct that runs front to back - this has two screws keeping it in place - bit awkward to get back in so careful!
  18. remove those and then you will be able to get to the two screws that keep the rest of the drive mode trim in place
  19. once off - 5 easy screws and swap.
  20. Test it works before putting it all back together - hopefully without screws left over (i managed just!)  Bear in mind there are 3 different lengths of "standard" screws and 4 x 8mm bolts and various bigger screws.

Once all back together, time to program.

I was a little disappointed, as initially the menu showed just as it did before - ie around 1 minute after the car started and  then briefly, although the scroll worked

However, I changed the settings to:

1. 057 02 - with drive mode switch
  2. 337 01 - without LIN communication
  3. 452 02 - with drive mode knob/switch/regulator(display)

All good - and so much better with it.

You do "lose" the ECO and HDC on screen buttons - but that is because they are replaced by the knob.

So far I have:
  • activated ACC and PA
  • Enabled Android auto (with single USB hub) -- although i have just got (brand new and boxed for £19.99) a dual hub
  • Enabled steering personalisation
  • changed the Heated seat calibration (just wasn't getting hot enough quick enough)
  • Enabled seat massage - this does a little gentle thing - low down  - i realised it would be new seats to make to work properly
  • Memory on the Start/Stop

This is on a 2016 XC90 Inscription - no Air Suspension (big regret there).
(11-07-2023, 07:18 PM)jontyb Wrote: [*]Enabled seat massage - this does a little gentle thing - low down  - i realised it would be new seats to make to work properly
[*]Memory on the Start/Stop
[/list]

Waait. Hold up a second. The massage function still does something by messing with the lumbar bladders even without the massage seats?

That might be worth doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-09-2023, 02:28 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 07:18 PM)jontyb Wrote: [*]Enabled seat massage - this does a little gentle thing - low down  - i realised it would be new seats to make to work properly
[/list]

Waait. Hold up a second. The massage function still does something by messing with the lumbar bladders even without the massage seats?

Enabled this on my 2019 XC90 T6 R-design and it did show the new massage option when I twist the extension/lumbar knob but selecting any of the options unfortunately did nothing. These seats only have the power cushion extensions but not the adjustable side bolsters like the Inscriptions so possibly a different outcome on those.

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s
(11-13-2023, 10:53 PM)Pau1ey Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 02:28 PM)Partridge Wrote:
[/list]

Enabled this on my 2019 XC90 T6 R-design and it did show the new massage option when I twist the extension/lumbar knob but selecting any of the options unfortunately did nothing. These seats only have the power cushion extensions but not the adjustable side bolsters like the Inscriptions so possibly a different outcome on those.
Its not like a full massage - and yes i have the side bolsters - it is very subtle!
(11-07-2023, 07:18 PM)jontyb Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 05:14 PM)jontyb Wrote: Hi

It definitely is odd.

So if I set:

057 With Glass button 
337 No Lin

If  I set 

057 With Drive mode 
337 No Lin

Smile

Hi

thanks

Hi

Ok so, the Drive Mode switch on an XC90 - as opposed to a V/s90.

I tried every option but could not get the button to show on the screen.

It does enable the settings in the profile - ECO/Dynamic etc, but they do nothing as  the "individual" mode needs to be selected.

In the end I gave up and bought a Start/Stop with the knob.

It took two attempts to fit - gave up the first one after hours.  It is different to a V90 as the centre console is taller and there are some air ducts underneath.

I meant to take photos, but....

1. All Side panels off - the upper rear have screws front and back - you need to detach the rear section with the cigarette lighter to get at those
  2. rear Air vents off - and (if rear a/c) then the control panel
  3. there are screws underneath
  4. four bolts - two at the back and two at the front that hold the alloy chassis in place
  5. front section with the volume knob - pops out - disconnect
  6. Two screws either side of the main to part just under the volume knob section
  7. screws, screws, screws.  underneath the trim there are loads - you can either do this from underneath - which is not that bad or wait until you have turned it over.  When these screws are out you can, almost, remove the top trim.
  8. You need to remove the centre storage cover - pop off the trim and 4 screws - nice touch it has clips to keep in in place.
  9. there are 3 screws at the front - one on the 'cushioned' trim and two either side - this is under the volume section.
  10. there is one connector in the space behind the Volume section - this i pulled with no issue
  11. There are some clips towards the rear - then the whole section comes off
  12. Now you will see 5 screws that hold the trim with the drive mode button - at this point you could almost be done if they just had two clips instead of screws - but these must be accessed from below. 
  13. Gear linkage off - this is easier than you think - the yellow connector pops off, then, when you have detached the whole thing it slides out
  14. You DONT have to disconnect the two electrical connectors at the front - just pop them off you mounts - this is handy as i was thinking of having to disconnect the battery which would then make it really awkward as the seats need to be moved a lot!
  15. Now you need to get the drivers seat as low and far back as possible and completely flatten it.  Put something on the seat to protect it
  16. You now will be able to lift up the whole console and be able to rest it sort of sideways on with the underneath facing tghe passenger side (move this seat as far back as possible - making sure not to crush all the bits of trim in the process)
  17. There is a black air duct that runs front to back - this has two screws keeping it in place - bit awkward to get back in so careful!
  18. remove those and then you will be able to get to the two screws that keep the rest of the drive mode trim in place
  19. once off - 5 easy screws and swap.
  20. Test it works before putting it all back together - hopefully without screws left over (i managed just!)  Bear in mind there are 3 different lengths of "standard" screws and 4 x 8mm bolts and various bigger screws.

Once all back together, time to program.

I was a little disappointed, as initially the menu showed just as it did before - ie around 1 minute after the car started and  then briefly, although the scroll worked

However, I changed the settings to:

1. 057 02 - with drive mode switch
  2. 337 01 - without LIN communication
  3. 452 02 - with drive mode knob/switch/regulator(display)

All good - and so much better with it.

You do "lose" the ECO and HDC on screen buttons - but that is because they are replaced by the knob.

So far I have:
  • activated ACC and PA
  • Enabled Android auto (with single USB hub) -- although i have just got (brand new and boxed for £19.99) a dual hub
  • Enabled steering personalisation
  • changed the Heated seat calibration (just wasn't getting hot enough quick enough)
  • Enabled seat massage - this does a little gentle thing - low down  - i realised it would be new seats to make to work properly
  • Memory on the Start/Stop

Hi! could you please advise what setting 337 is about?
I am not sure how that setting plays into the what jontyb worked on (nice work BTW ;-))

337 is "CENTER CONSOLE SWITCH MODULE(CCSM)" the CCSM is the module with the buttons below the infotainment screen: volume knob, track forward/back, hazard indicators.

For reference my 2019 S60 is set to "02 with dummy button" I beleive the "dummy" refers to the area where an XC90 for example, has the glove box power release button, I have a blank there in my S60. There is an option for "03 with drive mode button", there is a CCSM version with a button marked "drive mode" used on some XC40 models I believe. I don't know what "01 without LIN" controls, well it probably specifies the CCSM does not use LIN communication to the IHU. My 2019 has a CCSM connected via LIN to the IHU. I don't know what vintage of SPA is pre-LIN CCSM.

It seems the item 337 is missing a setting for "glovebox button" or such for XC90...anyone with an XC90 with the power glovebox release, can you tell me what your car shows for that item when connected to OrBit?
(01-24-2024, 04:35 PM)Power6 Wrote: I am not sure how that setting plays into the what jontyb worked on (nice work BTW ;-))

337 is "CENTER CONSOLE SWITCH MODULE(CCSM)" the CCSM is the module with the buttons below the infotainment screen: volume knob, track forward/back, hazard indicators.

For reference my 2019 S60 is set to "02 with dummy button" I beleive the "dummy" refers to the area where an XC90 for example, has the glove box power release button, I have a blank there in my S60. There is an option for "03 with drive mode button", there is a CCSM version with a button marked "drive mode" used on some XC40 models I believe. I don't know what "01 without LIN" controls, well it probably specifies the CCSM does not use LIN communication to the IHU. My 2019 has a CCSM connected via LIN to the IHU. I don't know what vintage of SPA is pre-LIN CCSM.

It seems the item 337 is missing a setting for "glovebox button" or such for XC90...anyone with an XC90 with the power glovebox release, can you tell me what your car shows for that item when connected to OrBit?

On my 2019 XC90 (with glovebox button & drive mode switch) it's 01 Without LIN communication
On my 2020 XC60 (with manual open glovebox & drive mode switch) it's 02 With Dummy button

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s
Hi, tried all above mentioned for my XC60 D4 2018 and did not manage to activate drive modes, eco and hill assist gone but did not see drive mode button somewhere on screen or in settings, i got the physical switch but the installation seems very hard so on doubt now if i should try more to have in on screen or should pay proper fitter to install the new switch. if anyone has managed same on xc60 could share settings in orbit.