Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive Mode and Steering Personalization without Switch
Hi guys

So, if you want Drive Modes without the switch just do the following

057 - 03 - With drive mode glass button switch in CSD

And for the steering feel personalization

016 - 02 - Electro Power Steering Personalization

Leave the IHU to rest for 5-10 minutes then "take it out of the oven" Wink)
Now you'll get the button in Sensus and the Individual Mode. Still good than nothing
https://ibb.co/t3HKLrN
https://ibb.co/SmhWwjg
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
Oh hey nice! I was sure there was drive mode settings via sensus when Volvo first updated to remove the roller wheel.
Pictures aren't loading for me, is this to enable the drive modes button on the left- most screen? On my 2022 XC90 that's pretty much my only current way to access the drive modes, I didn't realize that wasn't there for models equipped with the hardware switch.
2022 XC90 T8 Inscription (USDM)
(02-08-2023, 10:34 PM)Power6 Wrote: Oh hey nice! I was sure there was drive mode settings via sensus when Volvo first updated to remove the roller wheel.

I've never knew about that button. Only with switch but yesterday I saw a video of it and hell yeah, I must try it and voilla, it works.
Fixed my "issue" with the firm-ish steering as well Big Grin
I am now thinking maybe, just maybe, I can retrofiit the controls bellow the screen from an XC40 because they have the button there instead of next to the start/stop switch (easier to change) but I am not sure they are really the same or that it will work

(02-08-2023, 11:06 PM)apollodome Wrote: Pictures aren't loading for me, is this to enable the drive modes button on the left- most screen? On my 2022 XC90 that's pretty much my only current way to access the drive modes, I didn't realize that wasn't there for models equipped with the hardware switch.
The website with the images is down...
Yes, it enable the button in Sensus. Mine is a 2019 V60, should need a switch but apparentely works without one because in config there are 2 ways, this and the one with the switch
(02-08-2023, 11:32 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 10:34 PM)Power6 Wrote: Oh hey nice! I was sure there was drive mode settings via sensus when Volvo first updated to remove the roller wheel.

I've never knew about that button. Only with switch but yesterday I saw a video of it and hell yeah, I must try it and voilla, it works.
I am now thinking maybe, just maybe, I can retrofiit the controls bellow the screen from an XC40 because they have the button there instead of next to the start/stop switch (easier to change) but I am not sure they are really the same or that it will work

I also thought about looking into the drive mode button below the screen for the same reason (easier to swap out)! However I think my glovebox open button is in the same spot where it would go on my XC90.
(02-08-2023, 11:36 PM)apollodome Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 11:32 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:

I also thought about looking into the drive mode button below the screen for the same reason (easier to swap out)! However I think my glovebox open button is in the same spot where it would go on my XC90.
Fancy glovebox opening you have there. I didn't know it opens like this. Then it will not work
Yeah, an electronically operated glovebox would not have been my first choice, but at least a physical button is better than a software one buried in a menu somewhere like other cars... 

This is kinda how I feel about Drive Mode selection, nice to have it in Sensus vs not having it all, but if I had the option of a physical button I'd prefer that over swiping back and forth to get between infotainment to controls and back when I want to switch between Pure and Hybrid or occasionally Polestar mode!
Hi, all,

I have an XC90, D4 after coding this, I got:

IHU:
U3002 - Vehicle Identification Number- Algorithm Based Failures- Signal compare failure

PSCM:
U21507 - **No description found in ECU database**

Also, previously I had an Eco mode button and hill descent in the UI.

Should I worry about it? (Removed it and all seems to work alright)
XC90 D4, FWD
That IHU code it's a "throwaway" code you see sometimes when programming, can just clear codes and it will be fine. The PSCM code, though we are missing the translation info, it's a "U" code type, which is specific to "communications" in the car, so it's probably nothing to be concerned with, if it's just a leftover after programming. Clear those codes and that should be it.

If you have buttons or features missing, that will be be related to the coding you have done, you made a change to a setting that caused those options to disappear. I guess in this specific case, those buttons may be incompatible with enabling the drive mode selection, unless the drive modes (Eco, Off-road?) cover what those discrete virtual buttons used to do, something Volvo added when removing the drive modes. That's my guess anyways.
(03-12-2023, 04:31 PM)Power6 Wrote: That IHU code it's a "throwaway" code you see sometimes when programming, can just clear codes and it will be fine. The PSCM code, though we are missing the translation info, it's a "U" code type, which is specific to "communications" in the car, so it's probably nothing to be concerned with, if it's just a leftover after programming. Clear those codes and that should be it.

If you have buttons or features missing, that will be be related to the coding you have done, you made a change to a setting that caused those options to disappear. I guess in this specific case, those buttons may be incompatible with enabling the drive mode selection, unless the drive modes (Eco, Off-road?) cover what those discrete virtual buttons used to do, something Volvo added when removing the drive modes. That's my guess anyways.

Mine was the same the first time I tried it. Then revert and tried again a week later. Let the car reset and I got the Drive Mode button
Same happened with ACC/PA. First time nothing, second time got them