Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive Mode and Steering Personalization without Switch
Thanks for the clarifications, guys! I hope your messages will help others, also.

Also, do you know if, on the XC90, there are multiple servo direction modules or is it one on which only the software activates this?
XC90 D4, FWD
In my opinion, it feels different based on the mode. But its mostly like Audi's "Auto". As in, its not stiff for Dynamic and light for Comfort but its mostly based on speed. On comfort it feels the same no matter how fast I drive but on Dynamic, its stiff only on high speed. City-wise and parking lots its still light
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
I tried it again:

03/14/2023, 11:19:36
ECM: U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Invalid / incompatible configuration - This is always there.
IHU:  U3002 - Vehicle Identification Number- Algorithm Based Failures- Signal compare failure                   - This can easily be cleaned.

I've tried to clear DTCs, Soft reset, and hard reset ECM+IHU in almost all combinations. Now I let the car for a few minutes to take the settings.
Dynamic/Polestar mode keeps the RPM at arround 1000 for a diesel car instead of 800 in Neutral. It doesn't quite sound well.

Looking forward to clearing those again and trying one more time after 8-12h. I've also added 374 (Polestar Optimization)
In terms of actual steering wheel changes, it doesn't work. No item from the menu is linked with the steering wheel pressure.
However, in Settings -> My car -> enable individual -> that steering wheel is applied somehow. (This menu wasn't there before)

Eco works
Off-road works
The other two do not work, and the steering wheel pressure is the same for all speeds.

Is anyone with an XC90 who activated this without having the hardware button?

The idea for admins, I guess this could be moved to "Engine / Transmission" since it modifies the way the car acts when you hit acceleration.
XC90 D4, FWD
(03-14-2023, 09:59 AM)muntes Wrote: Is anyone with an XC90 who activated this without having the hardware button?

I didn't activate this feature, but I have an XC90 with the individual profile and Polestar optimization as part of the original spec configuration. No hardware button here either. Let me know if you want me to pull any of my config options and their respective values to compare.
2022 XC90 T8 Inscription (USDM)
(03-14-2023, 08:22 PM)apollodome Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 09:59 AM)muntes Wrote: Is anyone with an XC90 who activated this without having the hardware button?

I didn't activate this feature, but I have an XC90 with the individual profile and Polestar optimization as part of the original spec configuration. No hardware button here either. Let me know if you want me to pull any of my config options and their respective values to compare.

That would be perfect if you could provide the orb file so I could just compare them via Orbit.
I'm just guessing those functionalities which are deactivated Hill descent and Eco mode (Buttons missing), basically replaced by the driving modes, should also be disabled via Orbit or switched to something else.

Question regarding polestar/dynamic mode should it keep the RPM higher in neutral?
XC90 D4, FWD
(03-15-2023, 09:37 AM)muntes Wrote: Question regarding polestar/dynamic mode should it keep the RPM higher in neutral?

Yes, on my D5 it revs 200 higher at 1k instead of 800.

I tend to switch out of Polestar when in traffic or at lights to reduce any additional strain on box. 

I have a drive wheel though... so it's easy Wink
Hi all,

I've enabled the following option on my S90 without much luck. I've lost my ECO mode button and not gained any additional buttons. I've cleared DTCs, reset all modules, let it sit for a couple hours, and even tried a battery disconnect to no avail.

057 - 03 - With drive mode glass button switch in CSD

However now I'm receiving a DTC in the ECM

U2300 - Central Configuration - System Programming Failures Invalid / incompatible configuration

Has anyone experienced this? The car has no additional codes and no errors on the dash, it just won't enable the soft button for drive modes.

Cheers
2017 Volvo S90 D4 // 2008 Volvo V70 V8
(04-18-2023, 10:59 AM)swedeprojects Wrote: Hi all,

I've enabled the following option on my S90 without much luck. I've lost my ECO mode button and not gained any additional buttons. I've cleared DTCs, reset all modules, let it sit for a couple hours, and even tried a battery disconnect to no avail.

057 - 03 - With drive mode glass button switch in CSD

However now I'm receiving a DTC in the ECM

U2300 - Central Configuration - System Programming Failures Invalid / incompatible configuration

Has anyone experienced this? The car has no additional codes and no errors on the dash, it just won't enable the soft button for drive modes.

Cheers

I strongly believe is model dependent. I was able to activated on my V60 without the button but another user with XC60 and now you, with S90 can't do it. Weird
But on my car, it didn't work the first time either. Activated once, got nothing and also Eco mode dissapear, revert everything and the second time got lucky
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
I still have the following:

ECM:
U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Invalid/incompatible configuration

To have the menu, I've changed to:
452: From 00 Unknown to 01.
057: From 01 to 03.
337: From 01 to 03 and back to 01.

It works all right in terms of functionality. It even unlocked individual buttons and settings for it.
Polestar does what it is supposed to do, but I don't know what happened with that ECM code.

I guess that the control knob should be in S90/XC90. Without it, most likely U2300 communication error comes in.
However, even with the error, it seems it works as it should in all modes.

Can anyone with driving modes XC90 without buttons export his/her settings and upload them here?

Thanks!

Try to scroll down in the CSD, maybe it is lower, that is where mine popped in, also try the settings which I described above.

Could you export your config?
XC90 D4, FWD
i believe i have the same settings as you in v90. I get the error aswell but i do not care as everytjing works as it should.
Did install wooden trim and physical drive switch. Gonna do changes to orbit tomorrow and see if code persists

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

(05-13-2023, 06:04 PM)dominik.alam Wrote: i believe i have the same settings as you in v90. I get the error aswell but i do not care as everytjing works as it should.
Did install wooden trim and physical drive switch. Gonna do changes to orbit tomorrow and see if code persists

i mean i installed the switch today. Was biiiiiiig pain in the ass, and a lot of work. Wouldnt do it again