Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAM front parking camera 360 calibration
Yes... maybe we should meet some preconditions when starting calibration? IDK, tried few times today, still error
Can you send me an email at support-at-spaycetech about calibration error? I see the display is at an error return from starting the calibration. I can look up your logs and see if there is a problem to fix there.
Just wanted to share my experience with this feature - it worked great! After getting OrBit set up a persistent code on my preowned P2 was WAM C10C0. Front was "Uncalibrated" and the rest "OK." The image was mostly fine, but I figured I'd try to fix. 

I cleaned all the cameras, kicked off "Camera Calibrate", disconnected OrBit, and drove around for a while trying to find slow (under ~25mph) well marked roads. Conditions were overcast with no hard shadows, a sprinkle here and there, wet and dirty roads. I thought I was doing a poor job since finding perfect slow roads is hard. After about 40 minutes of driving neighborhoods and backroads as slow and straight as possible I pulled over and rechecked - all read as "Mature." I will need more testing to know if it's any more accurate, but it certainly isn't worse and the code is gone. Happy to fix the issue in less time than it would have taken to get one way to the dealer.

The only thing I couldn't get to work was monitoring status while driving. Vehicle would Park or Neutral, but no Reverse/Drive while connected. No big deal since it sorted itself out in the end and it would be distracting to be eyeballing a laptop in motion anyway.