Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAM front parking camera 360 calibration
Today, i try to calibrate front camera, after 1h , front camera is still uncalibrated.
Any ideea?[Image: a2b2d28d28b33b7bade5b78dd8cfdfc5.jpg]
XC90 T8 2016 / B&W / POLESTAR ENGINEERD / 360 CAMERA.
(11-09-2023, 04:57 PM)Vici78 Wrote: Today, i try to calibrate front camera, after 1h , front camera is still uncalibrated.
Any ideea?

Maybe you're using a pre-restyling grille but ECU with SW for restyling grille? The angle of front camera differs for old emblem and new one. In this case you probably need to update SW in your WAM module to complete a calibration
Thx for your answer, i dont have acces to SW. Any help is good.
XC90 T8 2016 / B&W / POLESTAR ENGINEERD / 360 CAMERA.
(11-12-2023, 11:15 PM)volvo.man Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 04:57 PM)Vici78 Wrote: Today, i try to calibrate front camera, after 1h , front camera is still uncalibrated.
Any ideea?

Maybe you're using a pre-restyling grille but ECU with SW for restyling grille? The angle of front camera differs for old emblem and new one. In this case you probably need to update SW in your WAM module to complete a calibration
I swapped my WAM and still have the front completely off.

Dealer launched calibration but me also it didn't complete as I still have DTC. That is something I have to look for.

I think the sequence for calibration is very important (speed, light, lines, etc). It's not like other where you just drive around.

I thought I had sent power6 the vida text but maybe I forgot!!!
I just did my calibration and it improved the fit slightly. Just drove the car around on some nice relatively straight roads with well marked lanes and it went from uncalibrated to ok to mature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is the official calibration process:

(can't post pictures with copy/paste, they appear in preview, but then message becomes too long, @x119)? "The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 65535 characters (currently 925341)."

FYI this is the DTC I have since I changed my WAM, and even clearing it comes back, and even after dealer says he launched calibration I can't get it off yet (haven't tried hard ahah)

WAM:
C10C0 - Park Assist Camera- System Programming Failures- Missing calibration
Thanks BeachBoy...I did not have that factory info for the calibration captured, so good to know. 

It's still a "it does what it does" type of thing. It's automatic...which is good for DIY. For the camera/grille swap where the angle changes, there could be some problem where it's never going to calibrate if the WAM doesn't have the correct "skew" info for the front camera. There is some automated image processing going on in there, and we got no visibility into the nuts and bolts of how that works. We don't know how exactly the WAM knows "which grille/camera" style is used on the front: could be config item, could be WAM software, or WAM hardware. This is still in a discovery phase here... I can work with anyone who wants to try to work through it. We can definitely try some things. As always, contact me at support email ;-)

For the folks who have not swapped to a different angled cam, but got one that never gets the out of uncalibrated status... have you tried the "Camera Learn" procedure, which would clear all the calibrations to "uncalibrated", essentially "start from scratch" to calibrate. Do you get the same result?
I am tying camera learn today if weather permits.

And I swapped WAM so fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Hi guys, for some time now I have WAM DTC that parking cameras are missing calibration (this DTC is stored because a couple of months ago I mistakenly reset the wrong module from LAUNCH diag)

Today I tried to calibrate from orbit but got an Error immediately after clicking CALIBRATE
I am attaching a photo from the app (I took the photo just to remember what it says, and then forgot to take an actual screenshot on the laptop-sorry for the bad quality)

What could be the problem, all hardware is 100% working.

[Image: IMG-6408.jpg]
Same.DTC as me C10C0?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk