Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
I had the orange / care key at delivery but then had it changed to a normal key by the dealer. Don't know if it requires reprogramming the key and / or CEM but it can be operated as normal key.
Today i tried the new "Program Keys" feature with my 2021 XC90 Inscription B5.
With the new 0.9.2 version the first connection time is noticeably improved as well as some other functions. When i tried to program keys, i received a message that says i don't have a CEM security pin in my profile and asked if i would like OrBit to go ahead and try to extract this key for me. When i give it a go , i received the following messages
"
Checking mode and status for programming
Requesting programming mode
Waiting to reconnect...
Reconnected after 6 seconds
Recovering from failure, wait for timeout and reconnect...
Waiting for connection to return
Reconnecting
Reconnected to XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Connection successful
PIN extract failed
Error Reason: Error getting data from the CEM
OrBit Connected
"
does this mean my CEM is not supported for self CEM security PIN extraction, if this is the case i'm willing to pay for CEM security pin extraction service, will there be such service available anytime soon?
Anyone that added a key to a Polestar 2?  Wanted to confirm before getting an additional fob.  I have my PINs Smile
(11-27-2023, 07:01 PM)paska Wrote: I bought new keys from Aliexpress whit the "MS"  .I have a Volvo V60 T6 production date 2018-12 and was interested if it would extract the 11 PIN. Started Orbit programming add key and it extracted the security PIN 11 without a problem. Started add key then it came a message some failure what i cant remeber what it was, tried once again and then a message was key already programmed.Tried the new keys working whitout a problem.

I am aware of this BTW...some cases where the key program comes back "error" but is successful...then you try again and get "key already programmed" since the previous time it did actually work! This will be resolved in the next update.

(11-27-2023, 07:11 PM)Partridge Wrote: Seems like I can get keys on eBay for cheaper than AliExpress if I’m willing to get the orange care keys.

Since my car never came with a care key (2019), it should operate as a normal key, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I can get more into this when I sit down and do a key programming guide...if your car is not a "Restricted Key" (Red Key) car or "Care Key" (Orange Key) car, you can program one of those key fobs, will work as a normal key! Will get into how you can use config to change that setting, in a guide.

(11-30-2023, 04:43 PM)d-cngz Wrote: Today i tried the new "Program Keys" feature with my 2021 XC90 Inscription B5.
With the new 0.9.2 version the first connection time is noticeably improved as well as some other functions. When i tried to program keys, i received a message that says i don't have a CEM security pin in my profile and asked if i would like OrBit to go ahead and try to extract this key for me. When i give it a go , i received the following messages
"
Checking mode and status for programming
Requesting programming mode
Waiting to reconnect...
Reconnected after 6 seconds
Recovering from failure, wait for timeout and reconnect...
Waiting for connection to return
Reconnecting
Reconnected to XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Connection successful
PIN extract failed
Error Reason: Error getting data from the CEM
OrBit Connected
"
does this mean my CEM is not supported for self CEM security PIN extraction, if this is the case i'm willing to pay for CEM security pin extraction service, will there be such service available anytime soon?

Can you contact me at support? If OrBit thinks your CEM is "supported" or "experimental" and allows you to extract the PIN, but it doesn't work, I want to hear from you. A sample of the data backed up and your logs are uploaded so I can retrieve them, any issues I want to look at to see if support can be added for a new variant of the CEM, or in the case it is a bug of course I would fix that!

(12-05-2023, 02:14 PM)max2770 Wrote: Anyone that added a key to a Polestar 2?  Wanted to confirm before getting an additional fob.  I have my PINs Smile

Yes multiple folks with Polestar 2 have extracted the security PIN and added keys successfully with OrBit!
(12-05-2023, 06:08 PM)Power6 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 02:14 PM)max2770 Wrote: Anyone that added a key to a Polestar 2?  Wanted to confirm before getting an additional fob.  I have my PINs Smile

Yes multiple folks with Polestar 2 have extracted the security PIN and added keys successfully with OrBit!

So I tried this.  It first prompted me to extract the security PIN, which it did, and saved it to a .txt file.  Then, I tried programming the key.

At first, I got an "unknown error", and I realized I had my phone (with PAK) in my pocket, so I brought it far from the car with the current key, then tried again.  It said my new key was already programmed.

No matter how many times I do it, it says the new key is already programmed, but it won't work.  Neither to start the car, nor the buttons.

I have confirmed that aside from the "MS" sensing part, everything else on the key is identical.

We can forget about this message.  For the interested, it is possible for a key battery to have just enough voltage for the key to program, but not enough to work as a key.  In my case, it was about 1.92V.  Changing the battery fixed everything.
Successfully programmed 2 sport keys (after replacing battery and printing cases) and one “normal” remote… a couple of times “no key found”, followed by “programming error”, finishing with “unknown error” which meant SUCCESS

[Image: IMG-6808.jpg]

Not very good-looking cases, but there are no plenty of designs available for 3d printing them
The keys most likely can be programmed with out a battery. The key needs to be in the cup holder where the ECU can directly interact, similar to how you can start the car with no battery when the key is in cup holder.
[quote pid="2327" dateline="1703624722"]

We can forget about this message.  For the interested, it is possible for a key battery to have just enough voltage for the key to program, but not enough to work as a key.  In my case, it was about 1.92V.  Changing the battery fixed everything.
[/quote]
I was unable to program sport keys with dead battery...
Interesting...
I beleive the key can be programmed "without battery" but it will not function fully! The "backup" capability will be programmed: you can start the car with the key in the cupholder backup spot. But without sufficient battery power, the 2-way exchange that takes place between the car and the key, to program the "proximity" (active powered wireless) part, will have failed. The car reports the key is programmed successfully but none of the functions work other than starting the car when placed in the backup spot.

Note also the "unknown error" followed by the "key already programmed" has been fixed in 0.9.7 update. 

FYI The other returns you might see "key not detected" and "programming error" are responses from the CEM, nothing to do with OrBit which is just reporting the result. So the possible solutions there are things like: make sure other keys are far enough away, make sure the key has a fresh battery if you can, make sure the key is in the proper position for programming.