Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
0.8.1 is the latest version? I have that version…
(11-24-2023, 06:28 PM)volvo.man Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 08:10 PM)spacey Wrote: Looking to flash a sports key with Orbit but was wondering what happens when the car is at the dealer. 

Can the car get blocked to due to different number of keys paired in the car compared to what is in online VIDA? What happens to the coded key when I do the "Restore to defaults" prior to the dealer visit?

No, keys are not a part of software. You can program keys and your car will not be blocked. Programmed key cannot be "restored" it just can be programmed and that's it (tied to your car)

Thank you, that is good to know. I got the keys offered on Aliexpress but realized they might not fit as I have an AAOS model. i'd be thankful if some has the sports keys for an AAOS SPA model (mine is a V90CC) and could post a pic of the backside where the FCC number is shown.
Can confirm that erase all keys works as intended as well.

Added an old key from a previous car and it came up as slot 6! So I erased and readded all the keys.

Six keys: (Original key 1, Original key 2<lost by previous owner>, CPO replacement key, old sport key<dead>, replacement sport key, key from my old Volvo)

Seemed like a bit much so did the erase and reload so only the keys I know the whereabouts of are loaded.

Note: the system seems finicky about the exact placement of the key in the cupholder. Took me a couple of tries with one of the keys, but the battery might be low on that one.

I have a couple of sport keys coming in the mail now. This feature alone makes Orbit worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey all... I been head down, since I just KNEW that some people are waiting for key programming with OrBit. I had some unrelated problems getting the latest release out, some last minute fixes...that turned out to need more work than I planned for "last minute"...

Anyways, it is released now! v0.9.2 is out. I haven't flipped the update notification switch yet, but no need to wait, just go download 0.9.2 at the download link https://app.spaycetech.com/orbitupdate/download and get started programming keys.

You can see if your CEM is supported to extract the security PIN, just click on the "Program Keys" button, and OrBit will guide you. I know the folks that have a supported CEM (generally 2019+ cars) will be thrilled to extract the PIN and be able to program keys within a few min.

I'd love to support them all, but the earlier model CEMs, it's not possible in the car. I'm working on an alternate solution, that does involve the PIN Service, that will have a cost but I want to make it available for those who would like the long term ability to program keys available rather than pay every time with VIDA.

PS I have upgraded all my keys to the "MS" Motion Sensor versions (resistant to the relay attack), I now have 7 keys programmed to the car ;-) I will make a guide on key fobs soon.

I can confirm, to my surprise (since you stated 2019+), that it successfully extracted CEM PIN on my '18 XC60 T6 Inscription 
Now to order some keys  Tongue

[Image: IMG-6469.jpg]
(11-27-2023, 04:58 AM)Power6 Wrote: PS I have upgraded all my keys to the "MS" Motion Sensor versions (resistant to the relay attack), I now have 7 keys programmed to the car ;-) I will make a guide on key fobs soon.

Didn’t even know that was a thing. Two of my keys are older, non MS keys. Are the AliExpress keys MS?

On the 2018 successful PIN extract...yes pre-2019 support is definitely there in some cases...it was spotty as around that time, this "new" CEM was introduced, cars with the "mid spec" CEM would get the old one, and cars with the "Hi spec" CEM would get the new one. This is why I integrated it into OrBit...I can't possibly keep track! The way to know for sure, is read which CEM type is in the car. So OrBit will be the "source of truth"...if it works it works! The good thing is that same CEM is used right up to 2023 in most all Volvos and Polestars, as well as the latest 2024 CEM looks to be supported, with only a few models in some markets getting a different, newer "mid spec" CEM variant, which I have yet to see if we can support, but I am sure the release will help me find those user/cars. Bottom line lots of the cars out there are supported to extract the security PIN, not all of them, but most of them!

The "MS" keys...the only way that I know to tell is the FCC ID printed on the keys, inside the case, under the key blade on the normal fob, and on the fob shell of the buttonless "sport key". Older keys FCCID is YGOHUF8423, the Motion Sensor keys are YGOHUF8423MS. 

I don't know about the origins of Aliexpress keys, but I would look for that, or the brand and model number is in the FCCID, HUF 8432 or HUF 8432MS.

I like to buy the used keys from EBay to stick to OEM. To me the key fob itself doesn't really wear other than the shell, which I swapped from existing keys for some of them. Put in a fresh battery and good to go. 

I also wasted my time watching a CR2032 battery test on Youtube...boring as shit lol, but if you care, Toshiba brand the longest lasting that are cheap and easily available on Amazon.
Am I allowed to post aliexpress link, I have found MS keys,and ordered…
I bought new keys from Aliexpress whit the "MS" .I have a Volvo V60 T6 production date 2018-12 and was interested if it would extract the 11 PIN. Started Orbit programming add key and it extracted the security PIN 11 without a problem. Started add key then it came a message some failure what i cant remeber what it was, tried once again and then a message was key already programmed.Tried the new keys working whitout a problem.
Seems like I can get keys on eBay for cheaper than AliExpress if I’m willing to get the orange care keys.

Since my car never came with a care key (2019), it should operate as a normal key, right?