Key coding
Sport keys from AliExpress work also

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s
(11-17-2023, 04:04 PM)R1maS Wrote: One remark regarding keys: you do not need to buy the new one, can be programmed the one from scrapyard. Online Vida and Smok both accepting used keys without any unlocking etc. Tested.

That is even greater news Smile

I hope that @Power6 will manage to make it work for all SPAs Smile
Good news that the functionality to code new keys is possible. Unfortunately I have a 2018, so doubt it would fall into the range that can been cracked by Orbit. 
However, just called the Dundee dealership and was told pricing for new keys has come down a lot. Ballpark £100 per keyless fob all in, possibly less with the VOC discount. It was a bit less for the sports fob, £60-80 I think. If it requires an additional payment on top of the orbit subscription I may just go through the dealer.
(11-16-2023, 03:09 PM)Power6 Wrote: Key programming is about to drop ;-) Some preliminary info:

Key programming with OrBit is pretty simple, same as VIDA, you can "Erase all keys" and "Add a key".

There is the matter of needing that security PIN, one reason why I held up release on it until now. OrBit will be able to extract the security PIN from some cars. it depends on the model of CEM in the car. In general it will be the "newer" cars that are supported, while it's not possible on the early SPAs. OrBit will be able to tell you if the CEM is supported and offer to extract the PIN, then you can program keys.

I am working out what I can do for those with the earlier CEMs, i.e. offer a PIN Service type option. It wlll cost in that case, but also probably cheaper than having just one single key programmed at a dealer.

What counts as early or late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a confirmation that this has worked for me using a 'used' sport key.

I've got a 2021MY XC90 and Orbit was able to successfully decode the Security PIN.

Adding a key was really simple and am now back using a small sport key rather than the large remote fob.
Looking to flash a sports key with Orbit but was wondering what happens when the car is at the dealer. 

Can the car get blocked to due to different number of keys paired in the car compared to what is in online VIDA? What happens to the coded key when I do the "Restore to defaults" prior to the dealer visit?
(11-23-2023, 08:10 PM)spacey Wrote: Looking to flash a sports key with Orbit but was wondering what happens when the car is at the dealer. 

Can the car get blocked to due to different number of keys paired in the car compared to what is in online VIDA? What happens to the coded key when I do the "Restore to defaults" prior to the dealer visit?

No, keys are not a part of software. You can program keys and your car will not be blocked. Programmed key cannot be "restored" it just can be programmed and that's it (tied to your car)
2019 XC90, can confirm that I have successfully extracted my key programming pin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this mean that my car is not supported/ PIN can't be decoded?
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-25-105359.png]
You may need to update Orbit.....