Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Suspension Calibration
So yeah, what Partridge said ;-)

Calibration is needed when say the height the suspension "thinks" it is at, for each corner, is not the height it is "actually" at. The process in VIDA and coming to OrBit, will help you measure and figure out if that is the case, then calibrate.

Further though, the *real* ask for this, was those who want to say... "lower" the car 10mm or so, if we recalibrate the suspension to a "custom" height you can do that. Previously this was done by calibrating with VIDA and "fooling" the measurement process. I will make it more straightforward for those who want to do that.

OrBit v.4.0.0 is released now...so anyone with air suspension...try the calibration! On the new "Service" tab. It will only run some checks (log a ton of stuff for me to look at) and I beleive, also set the car at "default" height, but you guys let me know on that, and when you run it, let me know! support -at- spaycetech d0t com. So I can review your logs. I will use the info to properly build out the rest of the process.
(03-23-2023, 10:53 PM)Power6 Wrote: So yeah, what Partridge said ;-)

Calibration is needed when say the height the suspension "thinks" it is at, for each corner, is not the height it is "actually" at. The process in VIDA and coming to OrBit, will help you measure and figure out if that is the case, then calibrate.

Further though, the *real* ask for this, was those who want to say... "lower" the car 10mm or so, if we recalibrate the suspension to a "custom" height you can do that. Previously this was done by calibrating with VIDA and "fooling" the measurement process. I will make it more straightforward for those who want to do that.

OrBit v.4.0.0 is released now...so anyone with air suspension...try the calibration! On the new "Service" tab. It will only run some checks (log a ton of stuff for me to look at) and I beleive, also set the car at "default" height, but you guys let me know on that, and when you run it, let me know! support -at- spaycetech d0t com. So I can review your logs. I will use the info to properly build out the rest of the process.

I’ll give it a try tomorrow when I can find a nice level spot to test it. I assume that what you mean by set it to default you mean it’ll move the car into position to be measured? Do we need to do anything special to send the logs to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Yes, looking at the process, it seems it's going to run a routine that should control the air suspension to set it to the "default" level. I know in VIDA it instructs you to make sure the car is in "comfort" mode, which should set the suspension to a normal height I think. So it wasn't clear exactly what will happen so a report from the field would be good!

One of the checks that is done is to make sure the car is on level ground too, at least as far as the suspension knows.

You should not need to do anything to send the logs up, though to make sure they are sent in a timely manner (Since OrBit is tolerant of you running it without Internet access) you can make sure to close OrBit when the computer has good Internet connection, or you can use the new "Send Log now" button on the "Expert" tab, to make OrBit send up the latest log, when the computer has a good Internet connection.

Then just email support and let me know to grab your log and take a look!
(03-24-2023, 05:42 PM)Power6 Wrote: Thanks! Yes, looking at the process, it seems it's going to run a routine that should control the air suspension to set it to the "default" level. I know in VIDA it instructs you to make sure the car is in "comfort" mode, which should set the suspension to a normal height I think. So it wasn't clear exactly what will happen so a report from the field would be good!

One of the checks that is done is to make sure the car is on level ground too, at least as far as the suspension knows.

You should not need to do anything to send the logs up, though to make sure they are sent in a timely manner (Since OrBit is tolerant of you running it without Internet access) you can make sure to close OrBit when the computer has good Internet connection, or you can use the new "Send Log now" button on the "Expert" tab, to make OrBit send up the latest log, when the computer has a good Internet connection.

Then just email support and let me know to grab your log and take a look!

Well that was bad. It lowered the car down and set a suspension failure code. Does not go away on dtc clear.

Code is U2100 initial configuration not complete

Message on the dash is Suspension Failure stop safely

Car is definitely lower than comfort.

Probably on easy entry height or performance.

False alarm. It cleared itself on the way home. Carry on.

All it took was me mentally thinking F-U I’ll just get a 3 day VIDA and clear you myself. And it went away.
Any update on this? I can do some testing if you need it.

Hey guys, does someone already have SUM calibration log ? how to correctly compleate routine ?
Sorry for the delay on this, I will come back to it. I had sort of a "moment" with adding features for equipment I don't have on my own car. It turns out it's just not  effiicient enough to develop, code and QA without a car in real time. On the order of 100 times slower. i also found out, as useful as a recording of a process in VIDA from a user is (and I appreciate it!) I can't get the full picture of how the process works unless I perform it myself and see exactly how it works in VIDA, I probably look at things in a different way since I code OrBit. this was the case with Air Susp calibration, and 360 cam calibration. I will come back to it when I can schedule some time with a local Volvo (properly equipped) where I can visit the car and finish off the dev and test it. I have one local contact who has offered to let me use his air susp and 360 cam equipped Volvo for a while when I need it.

It's a learning process for me. I'd like to do everything at once, add all the features, but I need to take the time and do things as close to 100% the first time as I can.
Somewhere in between 'patience is a virtue' and 'beggars cannot be choosers' 

Thank you for your continued efforts in this.
How low can you go... Anyone tried pushing the limits yet Smile?
Still working on it. I’m doing some of the testing trying to get plain calibration done first. Lowering is trivial once you can do that.

Heico specifies a max 3cm of lowering for its selected level product, so that seems like a safe starting point. So somewhere between that and easy entry assuming the latter is bottomed out.