Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Suspension Calibration
I mentioned this on the other forum, but I’m posting here to see if we can figure this one out. 

In VIDA there is a suspension calibration routine that can be run to correct any imbalances. 

Some people are using it to spoof the car into lowering itself. 

Is this something that this can be accomplished with this software instead of having to buy a VIDA sub?
Yup, same answer ;-)

What I need, is someone to record the process in VIDA, both what is done, and also likely run a Wireshark capture so I can have all the commands sent to know what exactly VIDA is doing.

I lookd through what I have for data and routines on the SUM (aur susp module), it's probably in there,. I thought it might be obvious how to duplicate what has been done, but there are a lot of different data and routines that can be done so I can't tell just guessing.

If anyone can do that...let me know I will tell you what I need... Once I know the process, I can put it into OrBit, maybe even make it easier...
(02-05-2023, 09:13 PM)Power6 Wrote: Yup, same answer ;-)

What I need, is someone to record the process in VIDA, both what is done, and also likely run a Wireshark capture so I can have all the commands sent to know what exactly VIDA is doing.

I lookd through what I have for data and routines on the SUM (aur susp module), it's probably in there,. I thought it might be obvious how to duplicate what has been done, but there are a lot of different data and routines that can be done so I can't tell just guessing.

If anyone can do that...let me know I will tell you what I need... Once I know the process, I can put it into OrBit, maybe even make it easier...

When I get more time I’ll get on it if nobody has done it yet. I’ve got VIDA installed, I just the the actual time to set aside to do a 3-day and make use of it properly.
Whoever gets to it first! I think mamous was going to do the Total Upgrade soon and could run through it when he had the time...
(02-06-2023, 01:38 AM)Power6 Wrote: Whoever gets to it first! I think mamous was going to do the Total Upgrade soon and could run through it when he had the time...

Correct, I'm planning for the TU within this week and to record, document the process of the suspension calibration. as I get a lot of questions/ pms about about it as well
Make sure to wireshark, so I can be sure to see the greasy bits under the covers. And anything you can do to record the user side in VIDA, screenshots video whatever. Just want to make sure it only needs to be done once to get the info then I can put it into OrBit...
I was bored so I had a look at the readable parameters from the SUM.

Car was parked and in normal mode with easy entry off.

[Image: 94f25e0a30512fd5c0a10c0102630f30.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, good to see the readout, since I don't have a SUM to read from ;-). mamous generously did the VIDA process and recorded it for me, so I can see the calibration process to add to OrBit and support the "modification" of the ride height. I have a feeling the process is changing those "offsets" to account for reality.

I need to wade through it all the figure out what's what and build the interface but it's coming soon.
(03-09-2023, 04:46 PM)Power6 Wrote: Thanks, good to see the readout, since I don't have a SUM to read from ;-). mamous generously did the VIDA process and recorded it for me, so I can see the calibration process to add to OrBit and support the "modification" of the ride height. I have a feeling the process is changing those "offsets" to account for reality.

I need to wade through it all the figure out what's what and build the interface but it's coming soon.

Let me know if you need any more data. I assume the read function is purely diagnostic and I can’t cause any trouble by asking the car for the info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a question for you all. can someone catalog the differences in the pumps from the S90 to the XC90? if the S90 could get some air springs installed up front, could the 4 corner system be retrofitted to the S90, and the ride height controlled with the OEM system? 

I've been dreaming about this. a full aftermarket spring and shock system with factory ride height control