Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Suspension Calibration
Hi! Yes Air Suspension calibration is released some time ago, it's ready for you ;-) You don't need the CEM PIN,  but likely the VGM PIN. It's hard to keep track of what the "diagnostic firewall" allows and doesn't allow for service procedures, so for most cases we just assume any service you need the VGM PIN to disable the diag firewall. 

It's best to just have the CEM/VGM PINs as long as you keep a car for a while, the PINs do not change so they are good as long as you have the car. 

Black Edition...nice ;-)
Thanks @Power6!
Can somebody confirm or test that the VGM pin is needed for "just" adjusting the air suspension height on an iCUP model?
It's a leased company car and it will be chaged every 2-3 years. Just want to make this one modification Wink
Do you think it would be possible to add the features to deflate and inflate an air spring? What about showing the current pressures in the air springs? This work is nessecary for doing work properly on cars equipped with air suspension.
Just wanted to add something to this thread that might help others: Had some time to test this out today on my 2018 xc60 T8. I got the error message every time I changed the numbers. But I am now 100% sure that all it takes to clear that error (in the dash at least, it’s still present when reading the DTCs) is to drive over 50km/h(about 31mph). After that you can change the drive modes and the car adjusts the suspension. Tried it multiple times, even inside a parking garage where I simply launched the car and stepped on the brakes as soon as I hit 50km/h. It’s amazing what you learn by being lazy.
(02-25-2024, 01:20 AM)Davidoso Wrote: Just wanted to add something to this thread that might help others: Had some time to test this out today on my 2018 xc60 T8. I got the error message every time I changed the numbers. But I am now 100% sure that all it takes to clear that error (in the dash at least, it’s still present when reading the DTCs) is to drive over 50km/h(about 31mph). After that you can change the drive modes and the car adjusts the suspension. Tried it multiple times, even inside a parking garage where I simply launched the car and stepped on the brakes as soon as I hit 50km/h. It’s amazing what you learn by being lazy.

Yes. Modifying the suspension will throw an error message (suspension failure). It’s scary at first. Once you drive it a little bit over a certain speed the error clears and the suspension starts working again, just using the new calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi again,

would you share the vida log files for understanding the process from a technical view?
Or is that confidential? Wink
Does anyone know what the ”original” values are for the suspension? I need to lift mine up but I did a lot of calibration since the rear was always higher up than rhe front, making it look weird. Now I don’t remember what the measurement was to begin with..
Start by just measuring the distances and tell the car the truth about where each wheel is. It should move the to the default positions then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk