Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLIS with Steer Assist, Run-Off Road Mitigation etc.
(08-04-2023, 10:23 AM)benjyman86 Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 09:21 PM)glennda5id Wrote: So you guys didn't enable 316?
Yes I did, that was one that I enabled to get the option in sensus. It was disabled originally

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What did you pick 02?
(08-04-2023, 02:54 PM)glennda5id Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 10:23 AM)benjyman86 Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 09:21 PM)glennda5id Wrote: So you guys didn't enable 316?
Yes I did, that was one that I enabled to get the option in sensus. It was disabled originally

What did you pick 02?
Sorry, thought I'd put above, yes.

Okay, so we think this is how this maps from the Volvo descriptions?

Run-off road Mitigation -> 316 (emergency lane keeping aid)  Setting: 02

Oncoming Lane Mitigation -> 317 (evasive manoeuvre assist)  Setting: 02

Oncoming Mitigation by Braking -> 322 (cms incoming) Setting: 02

What about 146 (Collision Mitigation Support Front)? My 2016 did not have that enabled. 

I guess its probably not that simple. As a bunch of these need to be on for any of them to work.

I have enabled all as follows

146:02
152:02
153:03
317:02
316:02
322:02

My 2016 with Radar at all corners only had 152 and 153 enabled. Interestingly the Volvo article says I already had Run-off road Mitigation, but there doesn't seem to be a separate config for that unless it is 316. But that wasn't enabled in my car.
Anyone figure out if enabling those configs actually make these features work?
Seems it's a problem to test these systems unless one can come up with a way to simulate running off the road, oncoming car etc. ;-)

glennada5id...my 2019 S60 has all those same settings as original, except the eLKA is "04" value for "eLKA Level 3" if that helps.

Not sure myself, about trying to change safety system settings, if there is not a good way to see if they function. I wouldn't worry too much, if ECUs aren't reporting DTCs for "invalid config" there is probably no harm, but  also there is the "unknown" factor. But there is the testing part...how do you test th function. I've never had any of them activate! Maybe once actually, I got the fast approaching car from behind triggered the rear collision warning.
I don't have a clue nor the courage to test  Run-off road Mitigation -> 316 (emergency lane keeping aid)  Setting: 02   Smile 

But for below, It's easy to test. You should see a beeping sound, a red car symbol flashing on the dash and finally if you continue it  applies breaks. 

Oncoming Lane Mitigation -> 317 (evasive manoeuvre assist)  Setting: 02

Oncoming Mitigation by Braking -> 322 (cms incoming) Setting: 02  

Let's say you have a car in front of you and it's about to stop or already stopped but you have a decent distance in between. In normal scenario you'd apply little bit break or leave the gas pedal and let the car slow down by itself. 

So to test, after a shorth while leaving the gas, but you still have distance to stopped car in front of you,  hit the gas and accelerate rapidly, you should here the sound and eventually automatic breaking momentarily.  Before attempting to test, check your central display, if you have the collision avoidance enabled.
Hey that is good to know, can test without crashing ;-) I was just thinking...I have my collision avoidance set to "Late" in the Sensus so that is probably why I percieve the danger of trying to test that. Could set it to "early" if one wanted to test some things.