Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLIS with Steer Assist, Run-Off Road Mitigation etc.
Hi All,

Not sure where or if this is a software install (but suggests this is just an update to software, not install like Polestar?) that the latest updates for Intellisafe Assist have additional functionalities.

My XC90 came with Pilot Assist, so I have been playing with those settings as per the Pilot Assist thread to see what that does, but nothing there shows anything, so is this something 'hidden' or I'm missing?

The link to the Volvo page mentioning it all is HERE
I don't think we know about this. The two possibilities are:

1. Volvo has updated the software (via Total Upgrade) in all cars for these capabilities, and the accessory install merely enables additional features
  2. There are some software components not installed in the vehicles without the "upgrade" that need to be installed for those features to work

The first possibility is obviously more attractive to us, and it's not uncommon for Volvo to do that, less versions of software for them to maintain! But there is no guarantee they have done that.

But you could probably figure out, if that is the case for your car, by enabling configs, then see if those things work! You may have already, but stick with me here....

When was the last time your XC90 visitied a dealer or was connected to VIDA and software updates done (Total Upgrade in Volvo-speak)? You would want to know that your car was updated at least after those features were released, and preferrably the more recent updates were installed, the better likelihood that these features are present an able to be turned on with config.

Now that said, what items have you enabled, and what have you done to check if they are enabled? Some items I think are obvious, like LKA with steering assist will have settings you can see in Sensus menus, to turn the steering assist and vibration on and off. Others are not so easy to confirm, like say "Run off road prevention" there is no button or setting for that that I recall...I don't know what you would do, try to run off the road??....
It was in last week for a full upgrade funnily enough. It was a good test for return to OEM and then reload configs again.

I could try running off-road. I get the little warning thing on the dash, but not braved doing further to test it moving the wheel.

The BLIS element was where I was going to start as we see the activation of the BLIS but couldn't work out if there was one for assist there for it.

Some pointers on likely candidates (configs numbers) to test would be good, I can then just start running some tests and go see... One way to find out. If I then don't update and you see on the news a guy in the UK drove off the road into a tree then maybe off-road Mitigation didn't work

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Looking at the link, the four possible features added, we can only guess on config items, without comparing cars. I attached an OrBit "presets" file, with the collision mitigation, BLIS and possibly related settings from my car (a 2019 S60 with these added features as standard). Connect to your car and load the presets file with the "load settings" button. Then click the "Show changed items" box in OrBit, you can see which items are different on your car, and you can write the config to the car to try them out.

I don't think any of these can really be tested! The "steering assist" only pertain to BLIS collision avoidance and the other safety systems, not keeping the lane (you should already have that?) I don't think any of it is possible to "test", or you don't want to. I think what you will do, is change the settings, then see if you get trouble codes from the ABS/ESC systems, if they don't support the config settings, they will generate trouble codes. 

I have a feeling the 'Evasive Maneuver Assist" setting is what enables steering control within all of the safety systems that support it. See if that shows up as a changed item when you import the presets file.

Attached Files
.txt   2019-S60-Collision-BLIS-Settings.txt (Size: 158 bytes / Downloads: 59)
Apologies, been away and family got in the way with this one.

So, I figured out it was 316 (emergency lane keeping aid) , 317 (evasive manoeuvre assist) and 322 (cms incoming). Changed each of those and now have extra menu options in sensus and no errors. Awesome.

(07-17-2023, 05:21 PM)benjyman86 Wrote: Apologies, been away and family got in the way with this one.

So, I figured out it was 316 (emergency lane keeping aid) , 317 (evasive manoeuvre assist) and 322 (cms incoming). Changed each of those and now have extra menu options in sensus and no errors. Awesome.

But do they work? Also, which level did you choose?
There are quite a few there
What would 318 (Auto Oilot Function) do?
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(07-18-2023, 04:58 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 05:21 PM)benjyman86 Wrote: Apologies, been away and family got in the way with this one.

So 316 was 01, 317 was 02 and 322 was 01. For the autopilot, I believe that has been discussed in the massive thread for pilot assist. It is not something that works and it was a concept shown. This may be related to the new autonomous car that is being trialled in california soon (maybe even now) that Volvo has l, but it needs so many sensors it wouldn't work without cars. Even if you could enable it, I wouldn't even like to try

(07-18-2023, 06:28 AM)benjyman86 Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 04:58 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:

So 316 was 01, 317 was 02 and 322 was 01. For the autopilot, I believe that has been discussed in the massive thread for pilot assist. It is not something that works and it was a concept shown. This may be related to the new autonomous car that is being trialled in california soon (maybe even now) that Volvo has l, but it needs so many sensors it wouldn't work without cars. Even if you could enable it, I wouldn't even like to try

Right. Forgot about it Wink)
Thanks
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
So you guys didn't enable 316?
(08-01-2023, 09:21 PM)glennda5id Wrote: So you guys didn't enable 316?
Yes I did, that was one that I enabled to get the option in sensus. It was disabled originally