Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Remote Start
(03-08-2023, 09:17 PM)FloV60 Wrote: For remote start do I have to pay for a subscription to be able to start it by app or how does it work? Also what is the range that the car has to be from me?

The application on mobile device uses a VOLVO account. Your car VIN number is associated with your account.  The communication is done through internet and you can control and track the car from anywhere, even from a different country.  Your app on the mobile device and the car are connected to VOLVO cloud service. It's not like your mobile app is directly connected to the car.   
Yes, the volvo account is based on subscription but the car comes with 4 years of complimentary subscription. I have s60 2019. So, I have couple of months left on mine. I really don't know if it's continue to work or not.
I'm mullling this over myself...I got a 2019, will be 4 years in May, so need to decide, renew or not renew...I like it, but now that I have to pay...how much do I like it.
(03-09-2023, 08:46 PM)Power6 Wrote: I'm mullling this over myself...I got a 2019, will be 4 years in May, so need to decide, renew or not renew...I like it, but now that I have to pay...how much do I like it.

How much is it in US?
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(03-09-2023, 08:46 PM)Power6 Wrote: I'm mullling this over myself...I got a 2019, will be 4 years in May, so need to decide, renew or not renew...I like it, but now that I have to pay...how much do I like it.

Remember that you will get the AAOS with limited functionality when buying a newer car. I've decided that if I ever upgrade it will be a late 2021 with Sensus and that's it. Unless Volvo steps up and meets Sensus functionality with AAOS.

I got a year free after having the car without the app for 3 years. I bought the car and they said I had a year free when in bought it but I never could get it to work. One night I finally called them and we worked out that for some reason the cars modem had never been activated so the reactivated and gave me a year free...

Let me tell you, it's a world of difference not having the app... I intend to pay for it when my renewal date comes up.

As an aside... For the rorignal post o this... I get this error from time to time after a write. It usually requires me restarting my phone and driving the car for a while (letting the sensus system activate the internal modem etc) and letting sit for a few hours. But it is nerve wracking when you get that error, though.
There is no way to activate ERS in Germany, or had anyone any idea?
I’ve changed 045 but the Volvo app don’t show engine start. In Germany it’s official not allowed, but I had the hope it would still work with the orbit config.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(01-19-2024, 05:01 PM)Duffy Wrote: There is no way to activate ERS in Germany, or had anyone any idea?
I’ve changed 045 but the Volvo app don’t show engine start. In Germany it’s official not allowed, but I had the hope it would still work with the orbit config.

It can't be activated, Volvo App uses the configuration from the factory, not from your car. You can buy and install external module. It allows to start engine using a buttons combination of your key. https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/remot...le.662184/
https://www.drive2.ru/l/666451107186235874/
(01-19-2024, 05:01 PM)Duffy Wrote: There is no way to activate ERS in Germany, or had anyone any idea?
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Same problem here. New German XC60, so no VOC ERS available. 
I have just ordered the SKSXC module from Mid City Engineering and will have it delivered to Germany via Shipito. I'm curious to see if everything works then - but it should. I will report back.

BTW: Remote starts are not generally prohibited in Germany, but they are in a "legal gray area" because they have simply not been very widespread here so far.
Ford has made remote start available in its app for all current EU models in Germany for years - which is even free of charge. Works perfectly with my 2022 Kuga.
Can confirm - remote start with keyfob from Midcityengineering or russian version (mentioned in link above) work fine. Installation takes 20-40min, connect 4 wires only. Best way for SPA if you do not have chance to have VOC or do not want to pay for it.